MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Cargolux's B747-8F was back today in Singapore (and thereafter to Kuala Lumpur) with her second aircraft LX-VCD. Here's a shot of it landing in brilliant morning sunshine ... its departure to Kuala Lumpur was quite significantly delayed till near midday.

mw-LX-VCD-2011-10-26-01Br-CLX-B748F-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Night spotting at T1 for the first time on 15/11

pk-axc.jpg

vh-vwz.jpg

Jetstar A321 to Cairns via Darwin

cs-tki.jpg

White Airways operating for Air Niugini PX392 to Port Moresby

Shots from 17/11

b-6507.jpg

d-aigv.jpg

oh-lqd.jpg

and my 2 aim of the day

d-aimc.jpg

dq-fjl.jpg

Thanks

Good catch by Bob and Hon Kit. That shot of the former Air Finland B757-200F is precious ... full of battle scars from its PTF conversion. If only we had advance information of such visits ... sigh.

Hon Kit : Nice shot of the Air Pacific B744 ... I get the feeling that Air Pacific's B744 might just not last too long. So good that you got it in quite good light, bearing in mind that a period of rain had just passed the area.

KC Sim

Good catch by Bob and Hon Kit. That shot of the former Air Finland B757-200F is precious ... full of battle scars from its PTF conversion. If only we had advance information of such visits ... sigh.

Hon Kit : Nice shot of the Air Pacific B744 ... I get the feeling that Air Pacific's B744 might just not last too long. So good that you got it in quite good light, bearing in mind that a period of rain had just passed the area.

KC Sim

Thanks KC . Yes , I was very lucky that day. The Air Pacific light just came at the right time. Before that was just terrible.

However, Air Pacific livery was really beautiful. I thought that the livery on 767 that i caught for the first time was beautiful, and now seeing in 747 was even better. :good:

Hello everybody

I'm now staying at Singapore, I'm from Vietnam, member of VNAS

Would you please show me, or tell me about the spotting location near Changi Airport? I want to spot at Singapore very much but I don't know everything about spotting here. Where and when to go? Where is the best location and the most traffic I can get within about 4 or 5 hours? and does anyone want to meet up in Singapore to spot together and maybe show me some good locations in the city, etc? I haven't got enough time here because I will come back home next Saturday.

Waiting for your answer

Thank you for your helping me!

Chu' Huy,

You are on business visit to Singapore or on observer trip? I think you have to go to the locations on your own by bus or MRT.

Depending on the runways use (02 or 20) there are 2 easy locations to spot:

Landing RWY20, go to Changi Point Beach (Changi Beach). Use bus service No. 9, 19, 89, 89e, alight at Carpark 5 (Bus Stop No. B95081) along Nicoll Drive. Warning: don't take photos of the Changi airport buildings or the military facilities nearby.

Landing RWY02, go to Changi Business Park Changi by MRT to station Expo (CG1) walk about 10 minutes toward South Ave 3 and Changi South Street 1. There is a big park where you can easily take photos. Check the street map in the station or look for aircraft landing direction.

If you have time you browse through this topic for better information.

Inside the terminal 3 (if you flight VNA) go to the area with KOI pond (bể cá vàng) or go to T2 outdoor smoking area. Good luck

Edited by Nguyen Vu Loc

Singapore Airlines has finally rolled out a Boeing 777-312ER in a new Star Alliance livery that conforms with the guidelines laid out for all the alliance's members. It has chosen the white-tail version that was previously also adopted by Austrian Airlines.

9V-SWI went on a four-hour test flight today (10 December 2011) and later the same evening, it operated its first commercial flight wearing this livery to Auckland (SQ285). It is understood that two more aircraft will be similarly painted, including another B777-300ER and a B777-300.

mw-9V-SWI-2011-12-10-01Cr-SIA-B77W-StarAlliance-TXP.jpg

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Blue tail would have been so much nicer IMHO...

Indeed, but a blue tail would once again be non-compliant with Star Alliance's guidelines. Already in the past, many have voiced the opinions that SIA was not compliant ... I still love the original SIA Star Alliance livery with the full SIA tail.

KC Sim

A little late... but still,

05/12/2011

Air Berlin's A332 D-ALPH bound for Dusseldorf via Sharjah as flight AB7051.

DSC_6161_D-ALPH_edit2.jpg

Edited by Yap Wei Heng

A little late... but still,

05/12/2011

Air Berlin's A332 D-ALPH bound for Dusseldorf via Sharjah as flight AB7051.

DSC_6161_D-ALPH_edit2.jpg

Charter flight??

Taken few days ago.... :rolleyes:

Dec2011_SIN_3a.jpg

Blades ok Captain?

Dec2011_SIN_11a.jpg

Dec2011_SIN_12a.jpg

The legroom on this airline is excellent.... :good:

Dec2011_SIN_13a.jpg

One of two that day.....

Dec2011_SIN_7a.jpg

Perfect timing for me.....Mike Charlie just got in from FRA. :rolleyes:

Continue further....

Dec2011_SIN_10a.jpg

Tango Papa. SQ118 Dep 1845. :rolleyes:

Dec2011_SIN_5a.jpg

Never leave home without a nose....hehe.

Dec2011_SIN_4a.jpg

Rotated at ease near sunset. Looks busier down below for the night peak.....

(Wonder why that SQ A380's tail is facing the terminal..)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all ...

Nice shot Azahan, of the SilkAir A320 with the generous legroom!

We've had the wettest December in four years ... and this was partly responsible for the few pictures that I can upload in this thread. Here are some pictures from the month of November and December.

Lufthansa's A380 has been operating daily services and this is my only decent shot taken on 17 Nov ... it brought my dear friend Mischa and his wife to Singapore!

mw-D-AIMC-2011-11-17-01Cr-APP-CynMies.jpg

Later the same afternoon, Air Pacific's B747-412 arrived for a maintenance visit - thankfully just as the sun peeped out.

mw-DQ-FJL-2011-11-17-04Cr-AirPacific-B744-APP.jpg

It is always nice to see planes with the colours of airline alliances ... and I am happy to see Cathay Pacific's A330-300 with oneworld livery

mw-B-HLU-2011-11-20-03Cr-CPA-A333-oneworld-APP.jpg

Various Asian destinations including Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong were visited by Cargolux's newly-delivered B747-8Fs ... yet another view of one landing at Changi.

mw-LX-VCD-2011-11-20-07Cr-CLX-B748F-APP.jpg

On a dismal day and there was nothing interesting, my interest was on this awkward view of Jetstar Asia's A320 during pushback.

mw-9V-JSL-2011-11-23-01Cr-3K-A320-Closeup.jpg

This B737-300F of Tri-MG came in really low ...

mw-9M-NEF-2011-11-27-02Cr-TMG-B733F-APP.jpg

Each Sunday, we get to see the B744ERF of TNT arrive, sometimes in the colours of Emirates Skycargo.

mw-OO-THC-2011-11-27-01Cr-TNT-B744F-EKSkycargo-APP.jpg

This was my final shot of this Biman A310-300 in these old colours ... it is now in the maintenance hangar waiting to take on Biman's newest colours - the same one applied on the B777-300ERs.

mw-S2-ADK-2011-12-09-04Cr-Biman-A313-ooc-APP.jpg

The Shanghai EXPO 2010 may be over, but we still get visits by China Eastern's planes carrying special livery from this event.

mw-B-5265-2011-12-10-02Cr-CEA-B73G-Expo2010-APP.jpg

IndiGo's twice-daily A320 services continue to arrive early each day ... amazing punctuality by this Indian LCC.

mw-VT-IEG-2011-12-10-02Cr-IndiGo-A320-APP.jpg

On 16 December, the winds were changing wildly ... and when this Lufthansa A340 was landing on 20R, the winds suddenly turned into a strong tailwind ... resulting in this go-around.

mw-D-AIGM-2011-12-16-02Cr-DLH-A343-APS-GoAround.jpg

Lion Airlines now has more flights to Singapore and I was glad to catch this B737-900ER with special 50th aircraft markings ... with a regular one for comparison.

mw-PK-LHY-2011-12-17-03Cr-JT-B739ER-50thB739-PUP.jpg

Another Indonesian aircraft I like very much is this Garuda retro B737-800.

mw-PK-GFN-2011-12-18-01Cr-GIA-B738-retro-LDS.jpg

The gem of the month must surely belong to this KDC-10 of the Royal Netherlands Air Force (T-264) seen here arriving from Amsterdam and Dubai.

mw-T-264-2011-12-18-03Cr-RNAF-DC10-LDS.jpg

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

So we were at the same place same day spotting the D-AIMC and the Air Fiji 744 ?

Great great catch of the KDC-10 ! Merry Christmas to you KC!

Dec2011_SIN_4a.jpg

Rotated at ease near sunset. Looks busier down below for the night peak.....

(Wonder why that SQ A380's tail is facing the terminal..)

Hey Azahan - The weather that evening was Spectacular!! Haven't seen visibility that clear in a long time!

The A380 was on Tow out of the Central T3 Apron, holding on TWY V6. The White tail to the left of the A380 on V6 is the new SIA B77W Star Alliance Livery. The A380 taxiing was SQ321. The B777 just touched down on 02L was SQ877 from TPE - with myself in the RHS. :) Thanks very much for posting this photo!!

LH380 looks menacing! But love their clean look!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all ...

The gem of the month must surely belong to this KDC-10 of the Royal Netherlands Air Force (T-264) seen here arriving from Amsterdam and Dubai.

mw-T-264-2011-12-18-03Cr-RNAF-DC10-LDS.jpg

KC Sim

Merry Christmas to you too !!! :pardon:

The KDC-10's are based at Eindhoven, so most probably from there...we don't see those at Amsterdam, although she used to be a regular there: is ex-Martinair and is over 30 years old already...still looking good, huh ? :huh:

KC bro, thanx for your encouraging comments. It is unfortunate however that it is near impossible in KLIA nowdays to shoot special aircraft like those two you had just snapped. More so due to very limited spotting area.

Sandeep, what a coincidence! I took off and u landed!! Haha. Good that you are able to provide further info on my take-off view. Yes the weather was fantastic last wednesday. And thanx for explaining the reason behind the awkward position of that SQ A380. Coming back to the excellent weather that day around sunset, i witnessed a clear view of Singapore island. :rolleyes:

Dec2011_SIN_6a.jpg

Banking left heading north west to KLIA. You could see Changi on the far left.

Dec2011_SIN_1a.jpg

Another shot showing a clear view of Singapore island and JB area. That dracula fingers down below is the Sultan Iskandar water catchment area.

Cheers and happy new year! :rolleyes:

Charter flight??

Yes, they'll have another one DUS-SIN on 30jan2012 and 13feb2012: on sale very cheap on www.ltur.com (AB7050/AB7051 for 369Euro return :blink: )

Seems to be fortnightly... :pardon: