MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Indeed, for one return-flight only !!!

Lucky to get these shots, guys, and thanks a lot for sharing... :good:

Thank you guys for sharing those Angry bird shots from various location. :good: :good:

The plane model is there but the size of the angry bird sticker and position are wrong. :p

Good to see some excitement once awhile in plane spotting. :yahoo:

Excellent coverage from SIN, guys! Congratulations and thanks for sharing this thematic flight from around Changi airport. :clapping:

BTW, the engines on that model look like the A345's huge RR Trents, not the hairdryer CFM-56s that the A343 had... :)

Edited by flee

The angry birds on the engines are different comparing the real and model aircraft :p

Sharp eyes naturally from a pro photographer! So as an avid 1/400 collector I would demand an exact replica of the real thing. The winner can keep the "toy" since it's not an exact replica. :p

Also the "Angry Birds" added onto the model are actually stickers ... I could see some of them being rather poorly applied and the corners were curling up. Also note the model bore the 0H-LQB registration while the actual aircraft was registered OH-LQD.

A pity that Finnair did a sloppy job on that otherwise beautiful model.

I am sure we will shortly be seeing pictures taken at Helsinki this morning when it returned from Singapore ... and by now, the decals would have been removed. Such a pity that this was strictly for a one-flight promotion only. This was confirmed both by Finnair as well as by Rovio (the people behind the Angry Birds games).

KC Sim

Sad to hear that it was strictly for one-flight promotion only.Should Finnair doing it just like they did with Moomins,it would be awesome.

Good news ... Although officials from Finnair and Rovio confirmed during the press conference that the decals will only stay on the A340-300 for flight AY81/82 on 20/21 September, it is now known that the decals were not removed after its arrival in Helsinki.

OH-LQD made a quick dash to Hong Kong and today (24 September), it was back in Singapore and finally landed in rather more decent light. So here's a quick shot of it on final approach to runway 20R.

mw-OH-LQD-2011-09-24-01Br-FIN-A343-AngryBirds-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Here is my take of OH-LQD with the Angry Birds stickers on her :)

OH-LQD_MW.jpg

Now I do need to photograph her left side which has my favourite black bomb bird on the inboard engine nacelle!

I know this is a bit laggy: HS-TGP supposedly operated TG409/410 on 26 Sep, however the 747 I saw was in the normal Thai scheme, not the retro. I only managed a night pan shot at ISO1600 which blurred out the registration and I can't make out whether it's TGP or TGR. Any Thai spotters among us can confirm which aircraft was sent to SIN - whether it was a mistake and TGR came or whether TGP was repainted? Thanks!

It finally happened ... Las Vegas Sands finally sent its L-1011 TriStar to Changi Airport, albeit on a somewhat gloomy day. The TriStar was operated from Bangkok along with a B737-300 which landed about two hours earlier. Nevertheless, the pictures captured were salvageable and here's a couple of them.

This is the angle that makes widebody TriJets so beautiful ... and the TriStar's lines must surely be the most elegant among them.

mw-N388LS-2011-10-05-02Cr-LVS-L1011-APP.jpg

Another angle showing that beautiful engine No. 2 ... hope to see this again in better light.

mw-N388LS-2011-10-05-09Cr-LVS-L1011-APP.jpg

Bob Lee certainly had a grandstand view of it taxying past his office in Terminal One ... expect some great shots from him later.

KC Sim

Bob Lee certainly had a grandstand view of it taxying past his office in Terminal One ... expect some great shots from him later.

KC Sim

Thanks KC, for alerting me to its arrival! I wouldn't have gotten ready for it had you not messaged me.

What a treat to see a Tristar. I just love her curves, especially that S-duct on Engine #2!

2011-10-057N388LS800.jpg

They just don't produce airplanes like these any more. The S-duct is just so elegant ... I wish I had the opportunity to fly more on the TriStar - having only flown on Cathay Pacific's and Orient Thai Airlines.

But having N388LS operated by Las Vegas Sands does mean that this aircraft will be around for a long while yet - with low time and low cycles. Hopefully, we get to see and photograph it in much better weather.

KC Sim

They just don't produce airplanes like these any more. The S-duct is just so elegant ... I wish I had the opportunity to fly more on the TriStar - having only flown on Cathay Pacific's and Orient Thai Airlines.

But having N388LS operated by Las Vegas Sands does mean that this aircraft will be around for a long while yet - with low time and low cycles. Hopefully, we get to see and photograph it in much better weather.

KC Sim

She is currently still at stand 306 and is scheduled to leave today at 1500hrs for Bangkok.

KC and Bob,

Thanks for sharing pix of this classic aircraft.

I only had the privilege of flying on BA's examples. This aircraft (with RR RB-211 engines) nearly bankrupted RR - glad that it did not and we can now see RR engines still going strong on current generation aircraft.

Look forward to seeing more!

Today scored a first ever visit by a Boeing 747-8F when Cargolux Airlines International SA sent its first aircraft LX-VCB on the Luxembourg - Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Baku - Luxembourg routing. Thankfully, the flight was delayed till after sunrise.

mw-LX-VCB-2011-10-23-01Cr1-CLX-B748F-LDS.jpg

The B747-8F's arrival was followed minutes later by Volga Dnepr's Antonov AN-124 from Baku.

mw-RA82074-2011-10-23-03Cr1-VDA-AN124-20Yrs-LDS.jpg

Later in the afternoon, AirAsia sent its A320 dedicated to former Malaysian Prime Minister Dr Mahathir - beautiful livery!

mw-9M-AFO-2011-10-23-01Cr1-AXM-A320-DrM-APP.jpg

Yet another special today is this B777-206ER of KLM ... still don't think I can coax myself to look at this livery positively. At best, I think it looks like the linoleum flooring that my grandmother used to have at home in the 1960s.

mw-PH-BQP-2011-10-23-01Cr-KLM-B772ER-DelftBlue-APP.jpg

KC Sim