MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

OT: Since no one has pointed out the possibility of this spotter being framed and sabotaged, I will play devil's advocate here. The reason being, I clearly remembered one group on FB was specially created to target the spotter mentioned here. I was invited to join, left a message condemning such hate group and left the group. No time for such child play ... really. Well ... I think someone is out there to get him. =@

Admin: Pls feel free to delete my post if you deem this unsuitable. After all, this thread was created to share plane photos from SIN.

Kian Hong may be right ... we now had the time over the past few days to look at all the comments that brought us so much laughs, and see a pattern that is consistent.

The way the names of those "famous people" appears and even those "self-praise" by Jivesh or CHANDER apeear in similar fashion.

To set the record a little less crooked, it seems like this entire laughable episode is the work of a group of spotters who have banded together with a common hate for Jivesh CHANDER. It is sad that the technology that surrounds us today - insted of facilitating good work - is used to perpetuate pranks, hateful postings and other less than honourable deeds - and I have a pretty good idea who these rogue spotters are. They come from pretty good backgrounds, pretends to be bloody smart, some of them weird in their own ways and are all competing to be "famous" in every place where they could dump their pictures.

So for the record, I will say that there is sufficient indications that Jivesh CHANDER is not the person behind these famous comments and is a likely victim of it. I hope this clears Jivesh and opens our eyes to the likely abuse of the internet by a mis-guided few.

And to those who posted those comments : SHAME ON YOU, BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. A FEW OF YOU HAVE EVEN POSTED YOUR COMMENTS TO MY ORIGINAL POST IN NINERVICTOR.COM ... and I know who you are.

KC Sim

Interesting yet sad knowing even in aviation photography can people try to character assasinate due to jealousy, a real shame! <_>

And I thought this only happens in Malaysian Political scene.

Shall we make it a prop-jet or turboprop for the AN-32 ? :pardon:

What is sticking out of the tail of the Piaggio ? :huh:

Haha, sorry for that mistake, too excited about Russian planes to think properly. Not too sure what's that on the Piaggio too.

Since the truth of the saga is out, lets get back to spotting :)

03/08/2011 (late morning)

Flight CV784 from LUX via DAM was delayed by nearly 5 hours and arriving on 20R is Cargolux B744F LX-NCV. (If i'm not wrong, only 1 CV flight (CV730 LUX-BAK-SIN) arrives in daylight but only on Sundays i think)

DSC_2332E_wh_03082011_20R_SIN_LUX_CV784_B744F_LX-NCV.jpg

Eh, what is happening? :lol: Turns out that Firefly 3505 9M-FYG is too near to a Berjaya ATR72 which had just landed, so a go-around procedure is initiated. It landed 15 minutes later.

DSC_2352E_wh_03082011_20R_SIN_SZB_FY3505_ATR72_9M-FYG.jpg

DSC_2355E2_wh_03082011_20R_SIN_SZB_FY3505_ATR72_9M-FYG.jpg

And finally, after 25 minutes of delay, flight N588LS, a Las Vegas Sands Gulfstream G-IV N588LS from HLP arrives.

DSC_2460E_wh_03082011_20R_SIN_HLP_N588LS_G-IV_N588LS.jpg

A disgusting carcass of a snake was found on the road divider and i would have stepped on it had i not caught a whiff of the pungent smell just before the Cargolux landed. The sight of the head was horrible so it was best not to focus there. :sorry:

DSC_2341.jpg

06/08

Volga-Dnepr IL76TD-90MA VDA6721 from DEL. The weather could had been better for her arrival but it always felt good to photograph such a masculine Russian beast!

RA-76091_1_9V.jpg

RA-76951_9V.jpg

The Il-76 never cease to amaze people,including me! :clapping:

Looks likely it's the Aviadvigatel PS-90A engined version.

28Aug2011_9VSK_1a.jpg

Window view from the cabin of Tengku Azahan SQ255. Hehe. 28Aug2011.

2Sept2011_9VSTN_1a.jpg

2Sept2011_9VSTN_4a.jpg

2Sept2011_9VSTN_3a.jpg

2Sept2011_9VSTN_2a.jpg

Tango November. 2Sept2011.

2Sept2011_JA621A_1a.jpg

2Sept2011_JA621A_2a.jpg

No 998 if i am not mistaken. 2Sept2011

2Sept2011_9VSTN_5a.jpg

Tango November banking left soon after leaving SIN. SQ116. 2Sept2011.

:rolleyes:

Azahan, nice to see your shots again. :good:

If you didn't put the date, I would have thought you overslept inside the cabin from night till morning. :rofl:

The last banking shot is nice ! :clapping:

Azahan, nice to see your shots again. :good:

If you didn't put the date, I would have thought you overslept inside the cabin from night till morning. :rofl:

The last banking shot is nice ! :clapping:

Haha, cheers mate!! KLIA not spotter friendly anymore...... :angry:

14/9

I got information that MH had sent in its A333 9M-MTD to SIN today, flying a DPS-SIN-KUL routing, anyone has any idea why?

Details:

MH714 DPS-SIN Arrived SIN 1602hrs

MH714 SIN-KUL Departed SIN 1728hrs

The aircraft docked at Terminal 2, gate F60.

Daniel, it was raining cats and dogs in KUL and almost for an hour an a half there were no a/c taking off or even landing. Many were diverted to JHB, SIN & PEN. Believe MH714 was also stuck in that mess. :drinks:

On Another Note, Qatar had diverted to JHB. Apparently crew had exceeded their duty hours. Pax were stranded in JHB for almost 4 to 5 hours. In the end QR's SIN-DPS flight was cancelled and the crew was used to fly JHB-KUL. Dept was close to midnight.

It's the Angry Birds flight from HEL to SIN today; any of you guys managed to snap the photo of the plane?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HEmdvabeQw&feature=player_detailpage

We will be expecting her later today at 1558hrs (LT). She will be parked at gate D34, which is in front of the viewing mall. :)

We will be expecting her later today at 1558hrs (LT). She will be parked at gate D34, which is in front of the viewing mall. :)

Awesome :clapping:

It was a pity that the weather was dismal when Finnair's Angry Bird A340-300 OH-LQD landed ... but soon after, the sun came out shining. After post-flight handling, the A343 was towed to a remote stand to make way for a Jetstar flight.

mw-OH-LQD-2011-09-21-03Br-FIN-A343-AngryBirds-PUS.jpg

Each of the four engines had a different Angry Bird character ... with another one plastered on the nose.

mw-OH-LQD-2011-09-21-05Cr-FIN-A343-AngryBirds-TOW.jpg

mw-OH-LQD-2011-09-21-07Br-FIN-A343-AngryBirds-TOW.jpg

For four hours while cruising at 10000 metres, eight die-hard Angry Birds fans from the US, Finland, UK, Singapore and Malaysia battled for supremacy and eventually, Jani ULAJAS (right) from Finland won. Among the prizes he won was a prime seat for this Sunday's Formula One Grand Prix race in Singapore and this A340-300 model.

mw-Finnair-AngryBirds-2011-09-21-04Cr-ChallengeWinner.jpg

It has been confirmed by Finnair that the decals will only remain on the aircraft until it arrives in Helsinki, after which the decals will be removed.

KC Sim

21/09/2011

The "Angry Birds" scheme OH-LQD approaching 20R =D (in bad light). Managed to get to the airport in time for the first ever press conference at the viewing gallery :good:

DSC_5783_OH-LQD-1.jpg

Edited by Yap W. H.

Nice shots guys! Good to see some of you present at the airport to catch Quebec Delta :D

Those shots will be unique as only ppl in HEL and SIN can see them on only those 1 day in SIN and 2 days in HEL!