MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

I was in SIN last week and here are a couple to share from the T1 viewing mall.

KL sent its special stickered "Delft Blue" PH-BQP:

260450.jpg

And here is a close range study of AK's 9M-AHQ:

260451.jpg

Edited by flee

This may be the last time I see the QZ B733 - the A320s have begun to operate from Bandung:

260453.jpg

Is it just me as I am wondering the Indonesia Airasia wording on the forward fuselage is not straight? :blink:

You should have received an email from KLM, if your tile was selected for PH-BQP: no email - no tile... :sorry:

14/07/2011

Some slightly uncommon planes appeared today......

Found out that today's Turkish Airlines flight is operated by a A343 only 15 minutes before it was supposed to land :rolleyes: > Luckily my mum was going out so i managed to sneak a ride and arrive just in time to capture the well-traveled TC-JDM just preparing to touch down after a flight from IST.

DSC_1081E.jpg

RSAF's KC-135 took me by surprise following a sharp turn to the usual route of approach for landing....

DSC_1109E.jpg

And Finnair Flight AY81 from HEL is once again operated by OH-LQB, one of the 2 A343s still in old colours, 9 minutes early this time.

DSC_1147E.jpg

Singapore Airlines Cargo flight SQ7297 from AKL via MEL was delayed by a whopping 12 hours and 10 minutes from its scheduled 0440 arrival time...... 9V-SFP, a B744F in old colours was the bird tasked to operate the flight....

DSC_1241E.jpg

Vietnam Airlines flight VN745 from HAN arrives 2 hours late, but their A332 turned out to be their only Skyteam logo jet, VN-A371 :good:

DSC_1247E.jpg

I was literally stoning when VH-FPS, a Learjet 45 with the Singapore Technologies logo, turned up. Didn't manage to get a great shot of it..... :angry:

DSC_1254E.jpg

It may be quite a common sight now, but i can't seem to grow tired of ANA's B763s with winglets....... as seen by JA623A operating as NH111 from NRT....

DSC_1273E.jpg

Another SQ Cargo flight, this time SQ7375 from CPH via SHJ, operated by 9V-SPN, another B744F but in new colours......

DSC_1280E.jpg

I seem to have no luck with JAL's B763s in their "tsuru" scheme, but i finally broke that duck (a few months late) when JL719 from NRT is operated by JA654J.

DSC_1312E.jpg

SQ959 from CGK is once again operated by SQ's Star Alliance liveried B773 9V-SYE....but it landed at Rwy20C. A poor quality photo to show as a result. :angry:

DSC_1324E.jpg

I kind of like Malaysia Airlines' B738s in the new livery....was thus pleasantly surprised when 9M-MLI landed on 20R instead of 20C which i usually see her landing on, after a short flight from KUL as MH605. Rain is already falling on the holiday resort of Tekong..... It would soon reach Changi Beach which would dampen my chance of taking a decent photograph of PX's B763s scheduled to arrive an hour later, or would it not?

DSC_1357E.jpg

After that, it started to rain. Went to the bus stop preparing to go home......but thought i could try my luck from the bus stop. Glad i did, for the rain soon stopped. I just love the polished and clean look of the exterior of Air France's B77Ws in the new livery, and AF256 from CDG appeased me as its operated by F-GSQD.

DSC_1392E.jpg

A common aircraft/airline to sight in Singapore, but waited too long to sight a Cathay Pacific jet in golden light. CX735 from HKG came 20minutes late and provided me with a chance to shoot B-HNC in golden light and black clouds :lol:

DSC_1415E.jpg

GA 830 from CGK (PK-GMJ) was delayed for an hour, and this resulted in a great livery in a great light!

DSC_1454E.jpg

The police and the ambulance were called in by a family, not sure what happened though......

DSC_1465E.jpg

And FINALLY, the aircraft that I've been waiting for and nearly given up on (for today, due to the rain)....... Air Niugini decided to send their B763 in the form of P2-PXW, a seldom-photographed aircraft (Registration), which has been with the company for less than 3 months, for today's PX 392 flight from the capital of PNG, Port Moresby. And it's only 8 minutes late. Finally, absoulutely delighted to catch this bird of paradise basking in golden light from the setting sun! :yahoo:

DSC_1470E.jpg

And that concludes the eventful 3 hours spent at the beach, only my 3rd time...... :yahoo:

You should have received an email from KLM, if your tile was selected for PH-BQP: no email - no tile... :sorry:

Hmm ok. So not me on BQP, besides that... it will be hard to spot yourself anyway :pardon:

15/07/2011 (late morning only)

find it pretty weird that my posts take 2-3 days to appear after i originally posted...... :blink:

The 3 Air China flights do not arrive in SIN during daylight hours, as such, when I knew that CA975 from PEK was delayed (from 0545 to 1011), I rushed down to the beach. And there it was, just as I alighted from the bus, B763 B-2499 came roaring past me :yahoo:

DSC_1475E.jpg

AirAsia then sent it’s Lotus F1 team cs A320 jet 9M-AFY as flight AK5342 from LGK.

DSC_1516E.jpg

Air India Flight AI 342 from BOM was another delayed flight and A319 VT-SCH arrived on 20R in great light nearly 3 hours late.

DSC_1527E.jpg

RSAF’s Fokker 50 then suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

DSC_1548E.jpg

GM301 from BPN was operated by Neptune Air B733 9M-NEF. Dark clouds are looming behind ominously…

DSC_1578E.jpg

Cathay Pacific flight CX691 has been coming in with their A343s, as seen by B-HXF. My first time catching an CX 343 in SIN, but the weather really spoiled it, it was raining already.

DSC_1592E.jpg

The rain got heavier and I decided to go home after only 1.5 hours there…..

Switching to this (new) account after deciding to abandon my facebook account.

26/07/2011 (Morning)

Started off the shoot with the daily China Airlines Flight CI 752 from SUB, an A330-300 B-18352

DSC_1679E.jpg

Next, came the first of the two morning B727 arrivals.......which is Transmile Air Services's B722F 9M-TGE operating as flight TH380 from SZB :D

DSC_1694E.jpg

Only for 3 times a week do Philippine Airlines send their A340-300 on their daily morning PR511 flight from MNL......RP-C3432 is the elegant beauty tasked to do the job today.

DSC_1710E.jpg

Singapore Airlines Cargo's first B747-400BCF 9V-SCA operated as SQ7857 from PVG.

DSC_1725E.jpg

Soon to be gone are the Air Asia's B737-300 (s), when the BDO overlay is completed. For now though, it's best to enjoy these B737 classics, as seen by this B733 PK-AWX operating as QZ7975 from BDO. ******I find it weird though, as PK-AWX is apparently not supposed to be operating for QZ already? :blink: :blink: (Hope someone can clarify) ******

DSC_1755E.jpg

The first of the 2 Air Asia specials in 5 minutes.....AK5801 from PEN operated by 9M-AHQ in the Bank Rakyat colour scheme.

DSC_1785E.jpg

Next up, AK705 from KUL is operated by 9M-AFJ, in the cartoon colour scheme.

DSC_1790E.jpg

Today, Cathay Pacific up-sized it's CX691 flight from the usual A330/340 to a B747-400 :yahoo: B-HOP arrived slightly earlier than usual.

DSC_1833E.jpg

And finally, the highlight (the second B727) of the morning arrived! VP-BDJ B727-23 ex Trump aircraft is now operated by Weststar of Malaysia, and it is nearing touchdown on Rwy 20R with dark clouds in the background :yahoo:

DSC_1854E.jpg

I concluded the spotting session with another B737 classic, this time that of the daily Sriwijaya flight SJ104 PK-CKA B734 from CGK

DSC_1896E.jpg

Great selection, Yap !

Wow, that Transmile 727 looks really weathered...

Great selection, Yap !

Wow, that Transmile 727 looks really weathered...

30/07/2011

AirAsia AK5803 from PEN operated by their A320 in the Bank Rakyat scheme, 9M-AHQ.

DSC_1915E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_PEN_AK5803_A320_9M-AHQ.jpg

The sight of smoke trailing an aircraft is an indication that something different is approaching, and it did not disappoint. Airmark Aviation Singapore's Antonov-32A EW-262TK was the Russian jet emitting all that smoke :lol:

DSC_1974E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_An-32F_EW-262TK.jpg

Next up was a tri-jet in Shanghai Airlines Cargo's MD-11F B-2178 from Shanghai operating as flight CK287.

DSC_1997E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_PVG_CK287_MD11F_B-2178.jpg

Then came the newest A320 of Jetstar Asia in revised scheme, 9V-JSK, arriving as flight 3K692 from HKG.

DSC_2070E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_HKG_3K692_A320_9V-JSK.jpg

AirAsia then sent its Wow colour scheme A320 9M-AFK as flight AK709 from KUL.

DSC_2167E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_KUL_AK709_A320_9M-AFK.jpg

3 times i spotted Finnair at the beach, 3 times they gave me OH-LQB :rolleyes: Can't even manage to see their newer and bland colour scheme even though it's so common.

DSC_2238E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_HEL_AY81_A343_OH-LQB.jpg

Decided to go back home and come back for PX392, but when i checked the arrivals board, the Air Niugini flight was actually slated to arrive 20mins+ early. Missed it by a few minutes. :finger:

However, PK-VVX from DPS arrived nearly 25 minutes earlier than its slated 1900hrs arrival time. This Piaggo P180 is certainly cute :good:

DSC_2304E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_DPS_PKVVX_PiaggoP180_PK-VVX.jpg

Lastly, Lion Air's JT156 flight from CGK was operated by PK-LFF their B739ER in Dreamliner cs.

DSC_2312E_wh_300711_20R_SIN_CGK_JT156_B739_PK-LFF.jpg

Airmark Aviation Singapore's Antonov-32A EW-262TK was the Russian jet emitting all that smoke :lol:

&

DSC_2304E_wh_30072011_20R_SIN_DPS_PKVVX_PiaggoP180_PK-VVX.jpg

Shall we make it a prop-jet or turboprop for the AN-32 ? :pardon:

What is sticking out of the tail of the Piaggio ? :huh:

Not directly related to spotting in Singapore ... but a lively discussion going on in www.ninervictor.com about the praises that a Singapore photographer "earned" from world leaders, royalty, airline CEOs etc.

http://www.ninervictor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4409&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

KC Sim

Not directly related to spotting in Singapore ... but a lively discussion going on in www.ninervictor.com about the praises that a Singapore photographer "earned" from world leaders, royalty, airline CEOs etc.

http://www.ninervictor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4409&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

KC Sim

Wow.... a spotter can get that kind of attentions from the bigshots....!! :rofl:

Well, Julia Gila interested in jetphotos too, really surprised :blink:

Wilson Loh : Just type in "changi" in the password box.

Indeed, it must also be an hounour for all of us to share a common hobby with all those world leaders, airline chiefs and other celebrities. I was taken aback by the calibre of people posting comments ... a case of "too good to be true".

Andrew Hunt : How come you never "gathered" such accolades :rofl:

To me, the funniest one is the comment from Kim Jong-Il, who does not even fly and prefers to take the train. And he commented that he has heard of CHANDER's photography skills ... wonder from whom. Perhaps Fidel Castro or Vladimir Putin ... they were discussing CHANDER's pictures at some UN Summit.

At this point, I am still trying to understand the sense behind this entire episode. Fancy Tony Fernandes being so excited about that shot of two of his A320s at Changi (a scene that is repeated many times each day) ... has he ever commented about any picture here in Malaysianwings?

KC Sim

Wilson Loh : Just type in "changi" in the password box.

Indeed, it must also be an hounour for all of us to share a common hobby with all those world leaders, airline chiefs and other celebrities. I was taken aback by the calibre of people posting comments ... a case of "too good to be true".

Andrew Hunt : How come you never "gathered" such accolades :rofl:

To me, the funniest one is the comment from Kim Jong-Il, who does not even fly and prefers to take the train. And he commented that he has heard of CHANDER's photography skills ... wonder from whom. Perhaps Fidel Castro or Vladimir Putin ... they were discussing CHANDER's pictures at some UN Summit.

At this point, I am still trying to understand the sense behind this entire episode. Fancy Tony Fernandes being so excited about that shot of two of his A320s at Changi (a scene that is repeated many times each day) ... has he ever commented about any picture here in Malaysianwings?

KC Sim

Maybe I should contact Tony Fernandes too. Somehow AK & I just clicked when I submit on A.net & JP.net. Just left a few only to complete a full set AK A320. :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

This is MEGA EPIC.

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7158321&showcomments=true#comments

Posted by Tony Fernandes on July 25, 2011

A lovely composition you have taken of AirAsia's planes with my Indonesia and Malaysian planes meeting at Changi Airport. Hope to see more plane photos of AirAsia from you when we will have more planes based in Singapore.

Posted by N Razak on July 26, 2011

Lovely photo with a lovely composition! Mega Rare!

N Razak = Najib Razak????? Thank you KC for exposing the syndicate! :drinks: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

I'll add up the spice, with maybe Mubarrak?, or perhaps Anwar as well?, or maybe Osama from the Grave?Whoever add those comments needs a visit to the psycho wad :good: Very kiasu until have to create fake comments.. pity :p

Edited by Ignatius

Posted by Tony Fernandes on July 25, 2011

A lovely composition you have taken of AirAsia's planes with my Indonesia and Malaysian planes meeting at Changi Airport. Hope to see more plane photos of AirAsia from you when we will have more planes based in Singapore.

Definitely a hoax - TF can't spell! ;)

Thanks Sri Ramani for highlighting the N. Razak "comments" too. That one escaped me.

It is indeed a very sorry picture with this spotter ... whom those who were in SIN for Mwings' 5th Anniversary met. Having to create all these fictitious comments and even praising himself (sometimes carelessly using his own name to praise himself) is absolutely the pinnacle of being pathetic, delusional and sad.

I hope that the rest of us could stay grounded in our hobby and indulge in it solely for the purpose of enjoying it and for the friendships that we forge along the way.

KC