MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Great shots KC.... love the background for the Air France...

So 20 is active now?... Probably will be in SIN this Wednesday... let see if I can make some times on the beach... ;)

Will be there too. Probably can meet up with u.

Spotting trip?

Spotting was in the agenda.... ;)

Thank you KC Sim for accompanying me and the lengthy multiple sms's

on directions how to get to the beach using the EW13 & bus #89

It was just a short & brief almost 3 hours of afternoon spotting on the beach with

KC & HonKit

SIN-3987.jpg

I missed the Shanghai Cargo as it arrived simultaneously with the SBS #89... :(

Anyway... my session started with this dugong's arrival

SIN-4782.jpg

No longer in KC's favourite list.. only in superb light condition..

SIN-4793.jpg

I like souped up aircraft... especially a B763 with winglets...

SIN-4993.jpg

HonKit was delighted with this 'normal livery' speedbirds minus all those stickers..

SIN-5042.jpg

Cute classic B735...

SIN-5121.jpg

and my catch of the day....

SIN-4933.jpg

:yahoo: :yahoo:

The short session ended with the delayed arrival of another dugong... but light was turned off by somebody

SIN-5258.jpg

.... I'll be back... :rolleyes:

Norman,

Good to, finally, see you back here with some spotting pictures !!! :yahoo:

Will be looking forward for some more... :pardon:

Singapore Airlines received its 12th A380 (9V-SKL) this morning at Changi Airport ... landed at 0635hrs.

This aircraft has only 409 seats - 12 Suites, 86 Business Class seats and 311 Economy Class seats - and will be deployed on the SIN-SYD route on 20 Jun.

KC

I just read your post, then I checked my booking on 10 July, and sure enough, C class seats go all the way to row 96 (new one starts at 91)!! Only about 40% of the seats are taken up so far though.

By the way, you guys take really top quality pics in SIN!!

Lately, I love to see KC-tanker... Thank u Uncle KC for the KC...

Nice cute Korean... I miss lots of KE nice livery lately...

While Mwingers celebrate this site's 6th anniversary, we were having a mixed day in Singapore. It began sunny and full of promise and then midway through the morning, the storm skirted past - gave us a drenching plus some dark skies moments - and slowly but surely, the afternoon improved.

These images represent a selection of the day's subjects ... starting with Air Hongkong's B744BCF. Although this is a daily flight, it is only on Saturday morning when we have a decent chance go photograph it. On all other mornings, it arrives before sunrise at 0655hrs. For some unexplained reason(s), it is scheduled for 0805 hrs on Saturday ... no complaints here for sure.

mw-B-HUS-2011-06-25-03Cr-AirHKG-B744BCF-APP.jpg

Yet another new subject for us is Singapore Airlines Cargo's latest fleet addition - its first B747-412BCF. Formerly 9V-SPA, it surprised us when it was re-registered as 9V-SCA and mostly operates to Shanghai.

mw-9V-SCA-2011-06-25-02Cr-SQC-B744BCF-APS.jpg

And when the storm descended on Changi Airport, we were lucky to have stayed rooted to our position ... to catch this Air Mauritius A340 arriving from Mauritius and Kuala Lumpur (where I am certain Mwingers celebrating the 6th anniversary must have photographed it from the lakeside).

mw-3B-NBJ-2011-06-25-01Cr-MK-A343-APP.jpg

The dark skies did not last long - but long enough for two more subjects ... this Airbus A320 of Thai AirAsia in "Carabao" livery and this Gulfstream G550 of Gf Management.

mw-HS-ABJ-2011-06-25-03Cr-FD-A320-Carabao-APP.jpg

mw-N282Q-2011-06-25-02Cr-GfMgmt-G550-APP.jpg

The afternoon's nice sunshine made it possible to continue photographing all the way to sundown ... and we sure were glad that Vietnam Airlines now has a flight at this golden hour.

mw-VN-A360-2011-06-25-02Cr-VN-A321-APS.jpg

Air Niugini's four weekly flights are now timed to arrive at 1835hrs and this greatly improved our chances of photographing it too. Dedicate this shot to Liew Hon Kit who stayed late to photographed it earlier in the week but the presence of clouds spoilt his plans.

mw-P2-ANA-2011-06-25-03Cr-PX-B763-APS.jpg

Airphil Express' Airbus A320 was the final subject for us before the sun dipped beneath the horizon - and the airspace was also closed for the formation of RSAF F15s to do their National Day flypast rehersals.

mw-RP-C8388-2011-06-25-02Cr-AirPhil-A320-APS.jpg

During the afternoon, one of the stream of bizjets arriving in Changi was this Embraer 135 from Indonesia - PK-OME.

mw-PK-OME-2011-06-25-01Cr-EMB135-APS.jpg

Garuda recently launched flights between Makassar and Singapore, and deploys the B737-500s on this route. In the new livery, these B735s are really really cute, with the tail colours taking up about 1/3 of the overall fuselage.

mw-PK-GGF-2011-06-25-01Cr-GA-B735-APS.jpg

And our highlight for the entire day is this B737-300 of Our Airline - from the tiny phosphate-rich island of Nauru. Arriving from Perth, it looked deceptively similar to Garuda Indonesia!

mw-VH-INU-2011-06-25-02Cr-OurAL-B733-APS.jpg

It is great to learn that many Mwingers are enjoying the "airshow" that we provide on this thread ... and we will continue to provide a steady stream of images. Happy Birthday Malaysianwings!

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Superb coverage and well captioned as well, it made the anniversary ever more meaningful even though it is taken in Singapore :good:

Excellent coverage from SIN on MW Anniversary weekend, KC... :)

BTW, I will be in SIN on 4-7 Jul. Is there any traffic worth looking out for?

Thanks for the dedication KC. Wonderful shot you had and got the Air Niugini In such a good light. Hope to see more from u.

Special for the day: KAF 101 to Durban

IMG_1069_processed_c8.jpg

Edited by Kwek

The weekend could not have gotten off to a better start. Korean Air Force's B747-400 HL7465 transited in Singapore enroute from Seongnam Airbase to Durban, South Africa. The light was great and the subject arrived almost half an hour early.

mw-HL7465-2011-07-02-06Cr-KoreanAF-B744-APS.jpg

mw-HL7465-2011-07-02-14Cr-KoreanAF-B744-APS.jpg

What a stately looking Jumbo!!!

KC Sim

KAF101 transited Singapore enroute to Durban carrying a Korean high-level sports delegation headed by President Lee Myung-bak to address the International Olympic Council members who are gathered. The Korean delegation will be making a final bid for Pyeongchang to be chosen as the host city of the 2018 Winter Olympics, a decision that the IOC will take only on Wednesday.

He will be joined by German President Christan Wulff who is lobbying on behalf of the city of Munich. Annecy is the other candidate city and garnering support for it are French Prime Minister Francois Fillon and his Sports Minister.

Hope this provides some background to the visit of the Korean Air Force One.

Never expect a sports meeting in distant Durban to bring the Korean Air Force B744 to Singapore! I am torn between wanting to see the 2018 winter Olympic Games awarded to Pyeongchang and Munich.

KC Sim

The weekend could not have gotten off to a better start. Korean Air Force's B747-400 HL7465 transited in Singapore enroute from Seongnam Airbase to Durban, South Africa. The light was great and the subject arrived almost half an hour early.

What a stately looking Jumbo!!!

KC Sim

Call sign was Korean Air Force 001. It was trailing my flight from Seoul all the way and occupied my preferred FL. How long was the transit? Will it stop by Singapore on its way back to Korea?

The transit was scheduled for an hour and I gather it should stop over in Singapore enroute from Durban back to Seongnam Airbase. With the IOC decision on Wednesday, I would imagine its transit in Singapore would either be Friday or Saturday.

This is Pyeongchang's second bid to host the winter Olympics ... and I imagine its chances is perhaps higher this time.

KC Sim

04/07/2011

1st time contributing in this thread, need to learn from you guys, brilliant pictures there.

SQ959 from JKT opb 9V-SYE, B773 in *A colour scheme

DSC_0862E.jpg

Finnair Flight AY081, delayed by nearly 2 hours, arrives at 20R from HEL, opb OH-LQB, one of the two A343s still in the (nicer) older colour scheme,in great light! :yahoo:

DSC_0950E.jpg

Asialink Cargo F27 Friendship PK-KRJ touching down on 20R

DSC_0981E.jpg

Wanted to catch this bird of paradise in the form of P2-ANA in great light, but unfortunately, PX392 from POM was delayed by 26mins and this B763 is shot on final approach to Rwy20R just before any remaining light was gone :finger:

DSC_1035E.jpg

Wow...excellent photos and subjects in this thread after being away for a month!

Singapore Airlines took delivery of its newest A380, 9V-SKL, last month and is the first in the fleet to be configured with a full business class seating on the upper deck. Unlike the older examples with an economy class cabin at the rear of the upper deck, this aircraft has 2 unblocked windows (instead of 1) aft of the rearmost upper deck exit on the starboard side.

9V-SKL_MW.jpg

Thai Air Asia A320 HS-ABJ with Carabao 30 special livery.

HS-ABJ_MW.jpg

In addition, Garuda Indonesia also sent their 2 retrojets on consecutive flights from CGK this afternoon :yahoo:

PK-GFN was first to arrive as GA826 from CGK.

PK-GFN_MW.jpg

She was shortly followed by PK-GFM as GA828 from CGK in the early evening.

PK-GFM_MW-1.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

For my yearly birthday spotting ritual, I chose to do it in Singapore this year instead of KLIA.

It is my first experience spotting in SG alone, outside of the comfort of the terminal's air-condition and shade. 20R was in use but not sure how to go about to Changi beach park. I head to Pasir Ris MRT but couldn't find the stop for bus 89 in the bus interchange (didn't know it is at the outer road) so I took a cab, SGD 7.20 and I got off at CP5 (car park 5 I presume).

DSC_0153new.jpg

working in IT industry, I call this the SQL database T7

DSC_0236new.jpg

caught this but missed the T7 brother later as I was in the gents... damn

sometime later, the stream of plan stopped suddenly and 6 of this came in, mix of single and double seat version:

DSC_0180new.jpg

DSC_0169new.jpg

considering the thrust to weight ratio, the engines are darn loud!!!

I made my way towards CP4 as I see some nice tree for shade...

DSC_0393new.jpg

Sun, sea, sand, breeze, tree, shade, bench... what more I can ask for a perfect spotting session?

DSC_0455new.jpg

what's that at the tip of the wings?

DSC_0445new.jpg

mega ark, first time I catch her in person

DSC_0405new.jpg

wow, whose 727 is this?

DSC_0357new.jpg

this we dun have in KL I think...

DSC_0045new.jpg

from T1 viewing mall, butt shot of Jetstar A320

halfway through the session I got a sad news via facebook that my friend/ex-colleague/mentor has passed away that same morning. May he rest in peace, I wish to dedicate these photos to him...

Ben-G