MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

22/2

9M-AHO AK "Airline of the Year 2007". This scheme has been on the plane for a while!

DSC_1036.jpg

Qantas Socceroos VH-OJS as QF6.

DSC_1097-1.jpg

Air France new scheme 77W F-GSQJ.

DSC_1121.jpg

Chaity, u inspire a lot of people here - so don't be surprised if sneezing is a permanent feature of your day! ;)

BTW, the sister ship JA619A was also spotted in WSSS/SIN, another target for you to aim your L lens at!

http://www.slickpic.com/photo/share/AM5T24ZZGQ4MzM/800/p/148036.jpg

WOW flee, you seem to have almost everything I have. :lol: Just a few more to share..

EW-262TK-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

Changi is not just home for many modern carriers. Seen here is an Indonesian cargo operator, Airmark's AN32A rego EW-262TK coming in to land on 02L.

VP-BJJ-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

In SIN, you get all kinds of rare traffic movement. Seen here a Boeing 737-700BBJ rego VP-BJJ coming in from HLP. Her previous regos were HB-JGV and VP-BJB.

VH-EBE-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

It was also my first time seeing a Jetstar Airways A332 bird rego VH-EBE. Must have been operating in a flight from MEL.

TC-JDJ-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

One visitor that none of us can ever catch in KUL. TK's A343 rego TC-JDJ arriving in some dull weather. Hopefully our PM Najib's visit to Turkey would also discuss to bring them in instead of the code-share agreements with MH.

D-ABVS-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

It has been some time since I last saw her in KUL probably due to her late arrival time. LH's 744 D-ABVS.

It was also a bonus to spot two 5J birds arriving in the space of 20 minutes. One must be from CRK and the other from MNL.

RP-C3189-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

RP-C3189

RP-C3263-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

RP-C3263

:drinks:

Airmark might be Indonesian but EW-registration is Belarus...(and Grodno is a Belarussian town).

Were you also able to shoot the all-white AN-12 with EK-registration ?

CRK and MNL are dual-airports for Manila; how about CEB for the 2nd one ? :pardon:

Great shots, guys: keep them comin'...

Airmark might be Indonesian but EW-registration is Belarus...(and Grodno is a Belarussian town).

Were you also able to shoot the all-white AN-12 with EK-registration ?

CRK and MNL are dual-airports for Manila; how about CEB for the 2nd one ? :pardon:

Great shots, guys: keep them comin'...

Thank you very much Uncle Pieter for the correction. Unfortunately did not get the all white AN-12 and never expected it to arrive too. (or never knew of its existence at all :lol: )

Upon further checking, I believe the information I posted is correct. 5J 538 STA to SIN from CRK is at 1540 and 5J 506 STA is at 1655 to SIN. Believe the former was delayed and the latter came in early, hence we were able to catch both of them in the space of 20 minutes. :drinks:

WOW flee, you seem to have almost everything I have. :lol: Just a few more to share..

Yes, it would appear to be the case since we both went spotting at the same airport! I have also not had a chance to go through all the pix I have shot - there were so many! ;)

Here is a morning departure, the soon to be defunct UAL livery on N792UA:

148999.jpg

There were a lot more cargo airlines at WSSS/SIN, Cargolux, the launch customer for the new Boeing 747-8F, is one of them. Here they sent the 747-400F, LX-RCV:

149019.jpg

Looks like SIN is the spotting location favoured by many M'wingers eh?

Hello Mr Kwek, how are you doing? Definitely we love SIN as much as we love KUL :lol:

Hi flee,

Can you tell me where is spotting location!

rgds,

Hi kanehoshi, believe it should have been in T3.

Anyways continuing my last set of pics.

9V-SQA-WSSS-VM-19-02-11.jpg

Again as I said previously, spotting in SIN is never complete without an SQ bird. Seen here is 9V-SQA, SQ's first B772ER. She has gone through some rough time of her life being stored in VCV for some period of time before being put back into service not too long ago.

G-CIVW-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

Another visitor that we spotters in KUL will dread for her to come, BA's 744 G-CIVW. Unfortunately, no special stickers for us this time around though. :sorry:

Also another good day to catch the arrival of 3 "big" birds in the space of 30 minutes or so.

VH-OJE-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

VH-OJE operating QF 6 from France. She was parked beside my AK flight back to KUL that very night.

9V-SKI-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

9V-SKI operating SQ 321 from LHR.

VH-OQG-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

And VH-OQG operating QF 10 from LHR too!

PK-KRL-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

In between all the heavies, this small baby appeared out of nowhere too! Seen here Asialink's F27 rego PK-KRL coming in from Batam.

HS-CFS-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

Also another small fella decided to pop in and move up to the center of the stage. A LJ35A bearing the rego HS-CFS with the titles "Chiron Flight Services" on its fuselage.

F-GSQM-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

It was this particular plane we were waiting for before deciding to call it a day. However AF only decided to send F-GSQM still bearing the old AirFrance titles.

All in all, it was a great day to be in SIN. We saw the sun, rain, clouds and finished off the day with the sun just smiling at us saying "Hope you had a great day in SIN"! Hope to come back again to SIN in the near "future" and just a last picture to keep the momentum going.

akvsmh.jpg

The fight between AK and MH will never end. To be continued....

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Hi flee,

rgds,

That's from Crowne Plaza hotel. Spotting there will cost you S$300+ per night if you can get runway view room.

kanehoshi,

I had a room on Level 8 of the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I was advised by KC Sim that Level 8 or Level 9 runway view rooms are the best as they will clear the lighting towers on the apron.

QANTAS sent their A330-200 VH-EBL with OneWorld special scheme as QF77 for the second day in a row. This flight is usually operated by a A330-300 instead.

VH-EBL_MW.jpg

Dubai Air Wing B747-400 A6-MMM as DUB002.

A6-MMM_MW.jpg

Hi folks, bit on a long shot due to the time it visits, but does anyone happen to know the registration for the Air Macau flight on Friday 4 March please? Also looking for the registration of the one on Friday 11 Feb as well. It arrives at 5.50am and leaves an hour later but is sometimes delayed.

Hope someone can help, thanks! :)

Hi folks, bit on a long shot due to the time it visits, but does anyone happen to know the registration for the Air Macau flight on Friday 4 March please? Also looking for the registration of the one on Friday 11 Feb as well. It arrives at 5.50am and leaves an hour later but is sometimes delayed.

Hope someone can help, thanks! :)

Hi Rob,

It appears that B-MAR had operated the Air Macau flights on both the dates which you had requested. Hope it helps!

Just to share 2 photos which were taken in great light today :-

Airphil Express A320 RP-C8391 arriving as a late morning flight from Cebu. It was a truly sastifying experience to be able to obtain a decent photograph of her after countless attempts!

RP-C8391_MW.jpg

FedEx M11F N587FE also went out for an Air Test this morning and did a series of touch-and-go which allowed us to photograph her thrice within a short span of just 40mins!

N587FE_MW.jpg

Thanks for reading!

FedEx M11F N587FE also went out for an Air Test this morning and did a series of touch-and-go which allowed us to photograph her thrice within a short span of just 40mins!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/dolphinairlines/N587FE_MW.jpg

Thanks for reading!

I'm not googling the reg. yet but is this aircraft belong to Transmile? Any news about them at SIN?

Thank you :)

Hi Rob,

It appears that B-MAR had operated the Air Macau flights on both the dates which you had requested. Hope it helps!

Thanks Hoe Jyh, and also Sir Ramani K. :drinks: