MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Thanks for the Terminal 1 update Hoe Jyh!

I will be in Changi for two days of spotting in December and will definitely check this out when I am there.

Hello!!Hoe Jyh san.Thank you for your perfect information about renovated Terminal-1 viewing area. :yahoo:

On next month I will visit Singapore,so I have a good opportunity to visit there for spotting except for the outside spotting area.

I am looking forward to visit soon!!

Once again,many thanks for details.

MASAHIKO SAKAI

B767 CAPTAIN for JAL

Some shots from an unusually sunny afternoon yesteraday :)

There is still a slight green tint to the clear panes of glass which I had mentioned earlier. However the green tint is significantly less than those at T2, T3 or Crowne Plaza. Here is a photo straight out of the camera showing the green tint...

HS-ABS_beforeMW.jpg

...and the same photo with some Auto-colour from photoshop.

HS-ABS_afterMW.jpg

Other photos from yesterday at the same location

Singapore Airlines A340-500 9V-SGC

9V-SGC_MW.jpg

MAI A321 F-GYAO turning into Gate D32.

F-GYAO_VM_MW.jpg

Thai Airways B777-300 HS-TKC

HS-TKC_MW.jpg

Indonesia Air Asia B737-300 PK-AWX 'Amazing'

PK-AWX_MW.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Nice pix. Indonesia AirAsia's remaining two Boeing 737s will go soon - Bandung runway should be ready for A320's in February next year. So catch them before they are returned to the lessors.

Nice pix. Indonesia AirAsia's remaining two Boeing 737s will go soon - Bandung runway should be ready for A320's in February next year. So catch them before they are returned to the lessors.

Wow okay....I am definitely going to miss the B737s when they are gone! It doesn't help that Indonesia Air Asia's A320s do not have any special schemes at all so far..

The A380s at the back are those awaiting engine swap?

Great shots, Hoe Jyh !!! :good:

Talking about MAI: did you notice the new flag on the fuselage ?

What airline is operating the 737 parked above the VN 332 and behind the TG 777 in the MAI picture ?

Thanks everyone! :) Hope this rare stroke of luck with a usable viewing gallery would allow us to get more photos of the traffic in SIN from another angle with some background in the picture as well.

Waiping: No idea, but the 2 A380s were parked at the engine run-up bay until this evening when one of them was towed across to park at the SATS Cargo Complex instead.

Pieter: Oh yes, the new flag looks rather out of place as compared to the old flag which only comprised of red, blue and a white emblem. Personally, I felt that the flag looked more at home on an African carrier instead!

The B732F in the photo is PK-YGP and is operated by Tri-MG, but the aircraft has Neptune Air basic colours.

QANTAS B767-300ER VH-OGT 'Maroochydore' in QF's new livery turning into gate C16 as QF77 from Perth. As the A333s that were deployed on this route were roped in to operate longer sectors such as SIN-MEL due to the grounding of the airline's A380 fleet, some of the shorter flights such as QF77/78 reverted back to using B763ERs instead.

VH-OGT_MW.jpg

Thursday, 16 Dec 10

Jetstar launched its inaugural daily non-stop Singapore-Melbourne service on 16 Dec 2010 using a widebody A330-200. VH-EBE had the honours of performing this historic flight, which is also the first scheduled widebody long haul service operated by a low cost carrier from Singapore Changi airport. Unfortunately the weather was not very cooperate that evening but the newly opened viewing mall did come in very useful in such adverse weather conditions :rolleyes:

VH-EBE_MW.jpg

Sunday, 19 Dec 10

Air Asia sent both its Thailand and Malaysian version of Truly ASEAN.

9M-AFA

9M-AFA_MW.jpg

HS-ABD

HS-ABD_MW-1.jpg

VH-EBD arriving as JQ7 from Melbourne in significantly better lighting conditions :)

VH-EBD_MW.jpg

Las Vegas Sands B747SP VP-BLK also made an unscheduled appearance this afternoon.

VP-BLK_MW.jpg

Dubai Amiri B747-400 A6-COM departing for Dubai

A6-COM_MW.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Hoe Jyh

guys i have a quick question. how do i get to changi beach from Bugis? I know that SBS 9,19,89 buses do go to Changi beach, but I dont know where else do they go so I have no idea where to hop on. :mellow:

edit: Ive got the info. :drinks:

Edited by Min Chun

Was in Changi over the Christmas weekend and weather was not that great. Here are some shots from T1 Viewing Mall and Runways 20R/02L:

Lucky enough to see the B777F in action:

B-2078_SIN_20101224_720.jpg

A343 Galore! First the Turkish regular livery:

TC-JII_SIN_20101224_720.jpg

Then the Turkish Star Alliance livery:

TC-ADL_SIN_20101225_720.jpg

Then we have the Sri Lankan:

4R-ADF_SIN_20101224_720.jpg

Looks like there are more Airbuses this weekend. JAL B767 is one of the less seen Boeings:

A6-EYR_SIN_20101225_720.jpg

SQ's whalejet arrived just before the Christmas Day light faded completely:

9V-SKC_SIN_20101225_720.jpg

SQ's whalejet = A380-800 right ? :)

somehow from this anchor i can't tell it ;)

SQ's whalejet = A380-800 right ? :)

somehow from this anchor i can't tell it ;)

What is your difficulty? The A380-800 is a very distinctive aircraft. Take a good look at it and I am sure that you will know it when you see it at airports or in the air. Here is another photo to help you!

SIN_9V-SKJ_20101226_720.jpg

Stunning shot of the "whale-jet" at ISO 6400 handheld at 1/10sec! :blink: The D7000 seriously looks like it is the body to buy at the moment! Thanks for sharing, Flee! :drinks:

29/12

Specials today:

N760SA Southern Air 742, operating as LH8334

DSC_0323.jpg

N788LS Las Vegas Sands Corp 733

DSC_0466.jpg

EK-12112 Airmark An 12

DSC_0470.jpg

B-HXJ CX A343

DSC_0522.jpg

HZ-AKH Saudi Arabian 772

DSC_0540.jpg

Stunning shot of the "whale-jet" at ISO 6400 handheld at 1/10sec! :blink: The D7000 seriously looks like it is the body to buy at the moment! Thanks for sharing, Flee! :drinks:

Yes it gives the user the confidence to shoot knowing that the camera will deliver! I am happy with the results so far. Still learning how to use it properly!

Here are some shots of the Indonesians - lots of them call in SIN. Real open skies in Indonesia, all airlines are allowed to compete:

SIN_PK-CKC_20101226_720.jpg

SIN_PK-YVC_20101225_720.jpg

SIN_PK-LFV_20101226_720.jpg

SIN_PK-GFH_20101224_720.jpg

SIN_PK-RMH_20101226_720.jpg

SIN_PK-AXJ_20101226_720.jpg

Great shots, Daniel & Flee :good: The Las Vegas Sands Corp's 733 returned back to Subang today at 1542hrs.

Daniel,

Nice shot of the SV 777: water/vapor leaving the wings !!!

Flee,

Love your Indonesian selection; excellent results of your D7000 :good:

30/12

PK-GSI returns again as GA8224, this time in better light.

DSC_0560.jpg

3B-NBD MK A343 in new colors instead of the usual A332.

DSC_0585-1.jpg