Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Some more from me.

MWINGS_6972.jpg

MWINGS_6959.jpg

MWINGS_6949.jpg

MWINGS_6831.jpg

MWINGS_6935.jpg

Edited by Waiping

Waiping: Don't be flustered if A.net does not accept your picture. This hobby must first and foremost bring you joy and satisfaction - the latter should not come from having these images accepted on A.net but from being personally happy that you have captured the subject in the manner intended. There are many reasons why A.net does not accept your images and very often, it is very hard to understand the true reason. I have had a picture rejected for "bad common" when none of that plane in that livery existed then on A.net. I have had lovely sunset shots rejected for "bad contrast" - what else does one expect from sunset shots of planes? I have had shots rejected for "bad centre" when the plane was as centre as one could imagine - ok, maybe 0.05mm off centre vertically - but then I have seen pictures of planes so low in the photo and at least two thirds of the upper portion of the picture was sky. So any attempt at uploading on A.net for me is at best a once-in-a-few-months attempt - just to test the system.

The best way to avoid "bad common" is to first go through images of the subject that is already on a.net and if your image is similar to some of those there, it is a potential "bad common". Upload only if your image brings something that isn't already there in terms of lighting, angle and composition. More than just images, I always enjoy those images where the photographer bothers to put in interesting information about that airline, aircraft or location.

Love many of the pictures you have uploaded here - and certainly not too blue. Saturday afternoon was truly blessed with lovely blue skies in big patches and with the light being so intense, that blue wasn't exaggerated.

What a great afternoon to compensaate for a lacklustre morning.

KC Sim

Yeah ... A.nut is nuts sometimes. <_>

I heard someone wants some main gears... Here you go! Brilliant reflection from the sea and very shiny tyres too. :pardon:

9V-SKB_WSSS_260610.jpg

Cheers everyone. :)

Look at that massive METAL !!!!, reflection look like it came from your flash!! haha :good:

Well I am cool with whatever feedback on my pictures either good or bad. Just that sometimes probably due to different screener then the result turns out rather funny. I believe you guys would share the same thought. My Transmile B727 photo recently was rejected once due to "bad centre", I actually uploaded the same picture again and put in the remark column "picture centered near aircraft center" and it was accepted. Last time another contributor told me that A.net had asked him to stop trying to upload one of his photos. :blink:

Hmm...gotta get one of those 100-400mm "L" lens. :p

Seriously Waiping, fret not about A.net. As advised by Flee, we (including me) should improve on our photographing skills rather than worry about why A.net rejected our photos. The screeners over there might have their own logic as to why they have to reject photos. Quoting what Uncle Pieter told me, back then in the 80s when he used to spot, he never owned a camera. They only had a pen and a paper marking down the rego of the aircrafts and they were very pleased just doing that. :good:

It's just now that people have more advance photographing skills and editing techniques setting a very high benchmark for us to reach. As for me, if I think the picture looks good enough to me i'll just try my luck. If they decide to reject it, I won't bother re-uploading. :pardon:

Anyways back to some more spotting pictures.

S2-ADF-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Biman didn't send a 3 holer here today, but this A310 is good enough for me bearing the rego of S2-ADF. Quite a common sight in KUL, but it was more challenging photographing her in the morning with dull grey weather.

VT-JBD-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

I always missed 9W's arrival into KUL but lucky enough to photograph this NG in SIN. I also caught an A330 of hers at approx 7.00 AM but due to gloomy weather and too much of noise, I decided to skip editing that picture.

9V-SFG-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Seen here a B744F under the colours of SIA Cargo approaching to land. 9V-SFG. She would have looked very good if there was sufficient sunlight.

9V-SYE-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

It was certainly an early morning feast to see this SQ baby in the colours of Star Alliance. KC got very excited when she came in if I can recall correctly.

PK-LGS-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Last but definitely not the least, PK-LGS flying in for Lion Air. I was pretty excited seeing a 737NG in the colours of a different airline (if you notice, i have many of them in MH's livery) only to know that they kept coming in many times during the day.

More to come sooner or later. I hope you guys are enjoying the gloomy pictures. Decided to share some morning traffic too since all the others I saw were all with blue sky :p Cheers! :drinks:

Nice shot there Ramani despite gloomy weather. :good:

The Biman arrive early in the morning?

Edited by Waiping

for some reason, your photo's not loading on my browser? :help:

Not sure why though - the vagaries of the Net I guess. It is not always 100%!

Here are a couple more. This bird from BR:

B-16712_B777-300ER_20100626[s].jpg

And another neighbour visiting:

V8-RBR_A319_20100626.jpg

Our celebration of Mwings' 5th anniversary was a huge social event and I truly enjoyed the shared experiences, joys of planes photographed and those that got away and for many of us, it was also getting to know people whose names we have seen but never had a face to put to it. I hope that planning begins soon on the 6th anniversary and perhaps we could think of more interesting places to go to.

In the meantime, one of the most common aircraft types that came our way during the celebration is the Boeing 777 in all sizes and colours.

Naturally the homegrown airline - SIA - provided the most including this specimen which in no time will be going to Royal Brunei Airlines:

mw-9V-SVE-2010-06-26-02Cr-APS.jpg

And I went through my list and realised that there were at leasve seven other airlines that sent their Boeing seven seven sevens in the afternoon alone. These include:

Two Middle-eastern specimens wearing the colours of Emirates and Qatar Airways.

mw-A6-ECA-2010-06-26-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw-A7-BAB-2010-06-26-02Cr-APS.jpg

Two from North Asia operated by Cathay Pacific Airways and JAL.

mw-B-HNH-2010-06-26-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw-JA710J-2010-06-26-01Cr-APS.jpg

And three European ones - British Airways and Air France - both soccer nations that have made very unceremonious exits from the World Cup 2010 competition.

mw-G-YMML-2010-06-26-03Cr-FlagFlyin.jpg

mw-F-GSQK-2010-06-26-03Cr-oc-APS.jpg

And of course KLM, representing the European soccer powerhouse that still is in the running.

mw-PH-BVC-2010-06-26-01Cr-APS.jpg

One plane that we did not expect was this B737-700 from Xiamen Airlines - a charter flight coinciding with the June school holidays.

mw-B-5039-2010-06-26-01Cr-Xiamen-B7.jpg

And who can forget the three three-holer trijets that came our way too ... from the tiny C-FJOI to a pair of MD-11Fs from China Cargo and Fedex.

mw-C-FJOI-2010-06-26-02Cr-APS.jpg

mw-B-2175-2010-06-26-03Cr-APS.jpg

mw-N604FE-2010-06-26-04Cr-APS.jpg

Lufthansa's B747-430 did not wear any special markings but did come in when we had nice light and puffy clouds.

mw-D-ABVD-2010-06-26-02Cr-APS.jpg

And we cannot ignore Qantas with its A330-300 and A380-800.

mw-VH-QPD-2010-06-26-01Cr-oc-APS.jpg

mw-VH-OQB-2010-06-26-02Cr-APS.jpg

You can see that some of us based in Singapore get tired of seeing SilkAir and Tiger Airways ... but with nice clouds, we could at least shoot these boring subjects against interesting cloudscapes. Amazing how these towering clouds just dwarf the aircraft.

mw-ChangiAirport-Approach-20C-20-1.jpg

mw-ChangiAirport-Approach-20C-2010-.jpg

And with SIA's A380 increasing common, it too deserves to be photographed with a skyful of clouds.

mw-ChangiAirport-Approach-20R-2010-.jpg

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Now that's sooo hardcore... even under lousy weather conditions .. Always pleasant seeing MD11's

Flee: still can't see images that you've posted.. anyone experiencing what I am experiencing with Flee's pic?? :help:

Nice shot there Ramani despite gloomy weather. :good:

The Biman arrive early in the morning?

Thank you very much Waiping. Still need to improve though. Yes, the Biman arrived around 7.40AM. Continuing again,

B-18308-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

China Airlines A330. Regular sight in KUL so nothing to shout about :drinks:

RP-C8611-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Catching this Philippine Airlines in SIN is definitely something to jump and shout out loud. We don't see her in KUL though. Cute loooking A320, RP-C8611

PK-YVA-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Another one of the specials which I would say! PK-YVA from Batavia Air making her presence felt during our anniversary. One thing though, you would realize how many A319's I caught the whole day! :lol:

VT-AXF-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Next up was this curry express. VT-AXF with a cute looking winglet!!

3B-NBL-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Air Mauritius then decided to send an A330 only to SIN. Was hoping for the likes of 3B-NAU or 3B-NAV but instead only got 3B-NAL :lol:

VB-RBR-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Again (another A319!!!), a wonderful yellow baby in the likes of Royal Brunei sending in VB-RBR to grace our occasion that day.

HS-TJS-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

This last Boeing 777-200ER bearing HS-TJS as her rego is officially my last photo for the morning session spotting.

I won't share much of my afternoon shots since many have posted theirs. Cheers guys and hope you enjoyed the many many pictures from all of us who were in SIN for our 5th anniversary celebrations. :good:

Another stunner is this Fokker F27 Friendship from Batam. Brilliant scheme in brilliant sun light. Dedicated this Cornelis who couldn't make it this time. See you in AUG.

PK-KRL_WSSS_260610.jpg

I wonder what is there to do in Batam. A half hour flight?

I won't share much of my afternoon shots since many have posted theirs. Cheers guys and hope you enjoyed the many many pictures from all of us who were in SIN for our 5th anniversary celebrations. :good:

Bro, there is no "bad common" rejection here. The spirit is more towards sharing. :p

Despite mostly great light most of the afternoon, some arrived under cloud cover. A321's are not such a common sight in KUL. Here are a couple:

B-MAR_A321_20100626.jpg

VN-A349_A321_20100626.jpg

The one that got away, a.k.a. Quek's revenge - this EY bird was sent to 20C, too far away for any meaningful shot:

A6-EYI_A332_20100626.jpg

Just to keep this thread up the list again for a few more days before everyone starts forgetting the anniversary celebrations. Weather in the afternoon was just so splendid. I've never got a chance to see such clouds and blue sky back in KUL. Hopefully someday my perseverance will be paid off.

dramatic1.jpg

Just look at those wonderful clouds covering a small part of the blue sky background. Coming through was a Jetstar A320, VH-VGV

9M-MQI-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

In this weather, even a baby MH workforce looked terribly good! Seen here was 9M-MQI coming in from KUL.

9V-SKI-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Soon after we were graced by another A380 landing. This time around, it was time to go SKIing around the clouds. Maybe the next time I miss another A380 in KUL I wouldn't feel so bad :good:

PK-KRL-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

The star of the day definitely has to be this F27 cargo. Apparently its arrival was cancelled (from what i heard from members on that day), but somehow she magically appeared with some nice silhouette around her body. PK-KRL operating for Asialink Cargo and this picture is also dedicated to Cornelis and Chaity :yahoo:

9V-SBD-20R-26-06-2010.jpg

Ending my selection of my pictures from Changi is a local hero. 9V-SBD in the colours of Silk Air.

Thanks to everyone who made it for the gathering. With nice weather and nice company, it couldn't have been a better way to spend our half a decade celebrations. Hopefully this new found friendship will last forever :drinks:

... before everyone starts forgetting the anniversary celebrations.

Sri Ramani,

Excellent shots !!! Yep, the variety at Changi was so good that day and the excellent weather in the afternoon certainly helped... :pardon:

I'll be starting a new topic with a poll soon for the 6th Anniversary (25jun2011), to see what preferences for the next city would be (as suggested by some during the beach-spottingsession), so we won't be forgetting the anniversary celebrations soon... ;)

This will also help the MW-members to get the most affordable fares once the next place/city has been decided upon !

Now this is wonderful.. MWings going places!! :yahoo:

Sri Ramani,

Excellent shots !!! Yep, the variety at Changi was so good that day and the excellent weather in the afternoon certainly helped... :pardon:

I'll be starting a new topic with a poll soon for the 6th Anniversary (25jun2011), to see what preferences for the next city would be (as suggested by some during the beach-spottingsession), so we won't be forgetting the anniversary celebrations soon... ;)

This will also help the MW-members to get the most affordable fares once the next place/city has been decided upon !

Thank you very much Uncle Pieter. Good ahead planning but I hope I wouldn't be stuck somewhere doing something else at that time. Tough decision to make considering so many airports listed over there. Time for us all to crack our head :lol:

Is the MQI dented at the starboard bow?

no Simon, what you see is just the strong reflection of light. here's another take with no light.

MQI.jpg

:pardon: