MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Hoe Jyh and Kianhong spotting together ? : almost similar shots ! ;)

Love the 732 pictures, guys ! :good:

Affirm. :pardon:

Looks like 9M-NEA has reverted back to its former life!

I wonder why... :huh:

I can't resist sharing a few more shots from yesterday... cause light was so blatantly beautiful!

New B77W for Qatar. Delivered on the 25 Feb 2010.

A7-BAH_WSSS_280310.jpg

Batavia recently up-size some of the flights to A320. Good load I guess.

PK-YVG_WSSS_280310.jpg

Believe it or not ... first time catching Emirates SkyCargo. Caught the two 'oranges' (OO-THA & OO-THB) all the time.

OO-THC_WSSS_280310-2.jpg

OO-THC_WSSS_280310.jpg

Cargolux 'City of Walferdange' looks good too!

LX-VCV_WSSS_280310.jpg

Yankee India short final for 02L while another SQ B772 was at downwind.

9V-SYI_WSSS_280310.jpg

Even this 'smoker' looks clean

EW-262TK_WSSS_280310.jpg

'Paul McGinness' approaching 02L as QF10 in warm glow of sunset. :)

VH-OQC_WSSS_280310.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Soo planetasticly beautiful hahaha.. nice one there Kian Hong, :good:

Nice shot of Hotel-Charley !!! Guess, they changed because Hotel-Bravo is in maintenance at AMS at present...

Love the landing-shot of 'Grodno'... :drinks:

Good afternoon everyone,

We are spotters from Hong Kong coming to Singapore for the weekend. However, we have checked current NOTAM of WSSS and found that runway 02L/20R will be closed between 1000 - 1700 local time on 3 Apr. Is there any local information / updates on this? Many thanks for your help and reply!

Good afternoon everyone,

We are spotters from Hong Kong coming to Singapore for the weekend. However, we have checked current NOTAM of WSSS and found that runway 02L/20R will be closed between 1000 - 1700 local time on 3 Apr. Is there any local information / updates on this? Many thanks for your help and reply!

That's affirm. So that's rest day for most spotters as there's no established spotting location for 02C arrival in the afternoon. If you are lucky and wind favoring RWY 20. You may try Changi beach for 20C arrival in the afternoon.

Hoe Jyh and Kianhong spotting together ? : almost similar shots ! ;)

Love the 732 pictures, guys ! :good:

Pieter, Neptune Air will fly to SGN this year, perhaps using the 732.

That's affirm. So that's rest day for most spotters as there's no established spotting location for 02C arrival in the afternoon. If you are lucky and wind favoring RWY 20. You may try Changi beach for 20C arrival in the afternoon.

Thank you so much! It's really a bad news for us.....haha.

It's Easter weekend. Sometimes the works may be cancelled or postponed due to holidays. Look out for NOTAMS these couple of days and hope for the best.

Pieter, Neptune Air will fly to SGN this year, perhaps using the 732.

Hope they will survive and still operate next year February (2011), as will not be back before that time...

OT: checked the AF website, and, they'll operate NONSTOP CDG-SGN with 772 that period :yahoo:

APRIL FOOL DAY !!!!

Luckily for this time, Iran Air didn't play a fool on us. It was operating special tourist charter flights. The previous two was super delayed, I just gave up. This time not only it was on time, it was 5mins early! :p

EP-IAD_WSSS_010410.jpg

EP-IAD_WSSS_010410-2.jpg

Totally awesome :yahoo: :yahoo: as this is my first B747SP.

Thank for viewing.

Thanks Cornelis! I am more than happy to catch anything from Iran Air, but a B747SP is just awesome! :yahoo:

It's Easter weekend. Sometimes the works may be cancelled or postponed due to holidays. Look out for NOTAMS these couple of days and hope for the best.

As mentioned by Kwek, latest NOTAMs update shows that runway 02L/20R closure will be from 0100-0700LT on the 3 APR.

RWY 02L/20R CLSD.

FROM 04 021700 TO 04 022300

Thank guys! Kwek ... how come I didn't see u there? Busy working kah?

2/4 : Second flight of Iran Air tourist charter operated by EP-IAH arrived on time as well today at 1247. Light was a little back-lit and intermittent.

EP-IAH_WSSS_020410.jpg

EP-IAH_WSSS_020410-2.jpg

Bumped into Mark & Tim from HKG as well. Nice to meet you guys. :drinks:

Thanks for viewing. :)

Kian Hong,

Excellent pictures of the Iran Air 747SP, I photographed her many years ago at Changi undergoing maintaince and a

re-spray at SIA Engineering same time as an Asian Aerospace Expo was being held, probably mid 90s.

747SP's Ive shot: Qantas, Australia Asia, Air Mauritius, Air Namibia, Mandarin, China Airlines, Air China, Korean, South African, Alliance, Saudia, United, Global Air (Brisbane & Jakarta)

PS: Coming up soon for another visit ... my 15th time up!

Regards Greg

2/4 : Second flight of Iran Air tourist charter operated by EP-IAH arrived on time as well today at 1247. Light was a little back-lit and intermittent.

EP-IAH_WSSS_020410.jpg

EP-IAH_WSSS_020410-2.jpg

Great catch KH, Good to see them on images when u told me a few days ago at WOA gathering. Nice classic Jumbos.

EP-IAH_WSSS_020410.jpg

EP-IAH_WSSS_020410-2.jpg

Really nice pictures, Kian. Nice to meet you and hope to see you, Daniel and Raymond again!

Great wingflex shot !!! :good:

We always get the Sierra-Victor Tripples @ AMS, hence I always prefer to see the Sierra-Romeo ones @ KUL... :p