MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

I wonder would it be a problem to request a room facing the runway at Crowne Plaza.

No, I specifically asked for a runway-view room, and the check-in staff was happy to change the previously allocated room (7th floor)to a runway-view one (8th floor); I also mentioned, I was going to visit the Airshow as I 'do love to see aircraft'...

(unfortunately, you cannot make this request already on their website when making the booking)...

No, I specifically asked for a runway-view room, and the check-in staff was happy to change the previously allocated room (7th floor)to a runway-view one (8th floor); I also mentioned, I was going to visit the Airshow as I 'do love to see aircraft'...

(unfortunately, you cannot make this request already on their website when making the booking)...

I had added a note in the comments section on their website, asking for a runway facing room on the 9th floor while making the booking. A day before my arrival, I called their front desk to "remind" them about my choice. They said that they will try their best to assign me a room as per my request.

When I arrived at the hotel, they had already reserved a room for me. In the words of the front desk guy, "Sir, we have reserved the room with the best view of the runway for you - Room 909" Needless to say, I was more than happy! :yahoo:

Here's a shot clicked from Room #909, which I am sure you all will like :pardon:

Singapore Airlines A380-841 9V-SKI

1657975.jpg

Note the beautiful white lights on the NLG and the wing. Because of these, you can identify an A380 from far away.

- Vivek

Hello all,

A bit of a long shot given the time of day (night), but would anyone be able to get me the registration of todays CES545 flight PVG-SIN please? It's due to arrive in 1 hour at 2250 local. I believe it is an A300-600 today. It goes back the other way leaving at 0055 local as CES544. I would really appreciate it if someone could get me the REG of it if able.

Thanks,

Rob

UK

Kingfisher Airlines A330-200 VT-VJP

I had arrived on this very aircraft a few hours ago. Caught it departing back to BOM from the hotel room :)

1659095.jpg

Bar & Lounge on Kingfisher Airlines A330-200 VT-VJP

VT-VJP again on my return flight! :pardon: Clicked this photo while deplaning at BOM.

1659146.jpg

- Vivek

Jetstar latest special - 'Quiksilver Jet' VH-VGZ as 3K516 from BKK. Now everyone can surf ! :pardon:

VH-VGZ_WSSL_050310.jpg

It will be operating the same flight tomorrow according to Liam. Thanks mate!

Kianhong, good catch of that Quiksilver Jet. :good:

When is Singapore based 3K planes turn in special livery ? :rolleyes:

Edited by Chaity

Kianhong, good catch of that Quiksilver Jet. :good:

When is Singapore based 3K planes turn in special livery ? :rolleyes:

This OZ Jetstar isn't SIN based as she is now operating the PER-SIN-PEN-SIN-BKK-SIN-PER pattern for a minimum of 2 days according to Liam. I first saw it on A.net and ask Liam to give me head ups if she ever heading this way.

This OZ Jetstar isn't SIN based as she is now operating the PER-SIN-PEN-SIN-BKK-SIN-PER pattern for a minimum of 2 days according to Liam. I first saw it on A.net and ask Liam to give me head ups if she ever heading this way.

I noticed her VH prefix.

I was wondering when her 9V siblings would get some new dress ? :pardon:

Hello all,

A bit of a long shot given the time of day (night), but would anyone be able to get me the registration of todays CES545 flight PVG-SIN please? It's due to arrive in 1 hour at 2250 local. I believe it is an A300-600 today. It goes back the other way leaving at 0055 local as CES544. I would really appreciate it if someone could get me the REG of it if able.

Thanks,

Rob

UK

Not exactly sure which date you were after, but here are some:

25/2 - MU545 B2381 A343

26/2 - MU545 B2326 AB6

27/2 - MU545 B2382 A343

VH-VGZ 'Quiksilver' continued to operate the same flights today. Many thanks to Liam for the heads up!

VH-VGZfront34_9V.jpg

The port and starboard side of the aircraft are slightly different with Julian Wilson striking different poses on the surfboard.

VH-VGZrear34_9B.jpg

FedEx M-11F N590FE on Air Test.

N590FE_9V.jpg

Liam asked me to post the following informations so that anyone who haven't got 'Quiksilver jet' can still do so tomorrow.

After today, VH-VGZ will be in SIN only in the afternoon tomorrow, arriving as 116 ex DPS. Then won't be back until Wednesday, but not 100% sure which flight.

11/03

Delivery flight of 9V-STJ as 'Singapore 330' from Toulouse. The 10th A330 for SQ and another 9 to go till end of this year. I just wish at least one will be in special color (i.e. Star Alliance) :lol:

9V-STJ_WSSS_110310.jpg

9V-STJ_WSSS_110310-2.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Wheels are sooooo clean !!!

Thanks a lot for sharing, Kian...

Great looking 'dress' on the 'Whale'....

BTW, SQ's latest A333 delivery, 9V-STK should be in Changi anyday now...

STK was delivered and arrived in SIN as SQ330 on Tues 16/3.

Hello everybody,

I will be coming to Singapore on Staurday for four days. I am planning on doing some plane spotting at WSSS on Monday (29 March) or Tuesday (30 March) next week. Can anybody give me some advice on conditions there? I would appreciate any and all information I can get on good spotting locations and how to get there, security situation, equipment needed (lenses), best times of day to spot in Changi etc.

Please write in reply to this post or send me an email (der-franti@arcor.de). Thanks a lot in advance.

Firefly ATR72-500 9M-FYB with additional "SP Setia" titles on the fuselage

9M-FYD_SPSetia_9V.jpg

Tri-MG B737-200F PK-YGP. It looked suspiciously ex-Neptune Air!

PK-YGP_9V.jpg

Sorta special, SP Setia Sdn Bhd title added to FYD. Some extra revenue, perhaps? :huh:

9M-FYD_WSSS_280310.jpg

Look utterly familiar? This is ex-Neptune Air 9M-NEA. What happened to Neptune Air? Last heard, they operate a B732F and B727F.

PK-YGP_WSSS_280310.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers.

Hoe Jyh and Kianhong spotting together ? : almost similar shots ! ;)

Love the 732 pictures, guys ! :good: