MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

SQ aircraft are parked at T1 to relief the bay shortage the T2 and T3. These aircraft does not operate from T1, the airport authority is just putting the space parking capacity at T1 to good use. The aircraft will be towed to a departure gate at T2 or T3 closer to the departure time.

SQ aircraft are parked at T1 to relief the bay shortage the T2 and T3. These aircraft does not operate from T1, the airport authority is just putting the space parking capacity at T1 to good use. The aircraft will be towed to a departure gate at T2 or T3 closer to the departure time.

Thanks for the explanation. I would have thought that with the on-going renovation work at T1, T1 would be the one facing a shortage of parking bays.

Edited by S. Huang

SIAEC ASU (Apron Services Unit) is also located in T1 beneath the Delta Pier. So parking some of the SIA aircraft that are on longer layovers also permits easier access to the SIAEC guys and gals when T1 is having it's lull period during the late night/early morning or during midday.

24/1/2010

My best day in aviation spotting this year.

9V-SKI arriving in beautiful evening light, as SQ321.

9vski.jpg

OO-THB arriving as 3V001. Glad to have caught her in such good light. First time catching the orange.

oothb.jpg

PK-GPH arriving as GA830.

pkgph.jpg

VH-VWW arriving as JQ57. First sight of JQ's A321.

vhvww.jpg

VH-OQF arriving as QF10.

vhoqf.jpg

Although LH's 346 and NH's "Panda" landed 02C, I am happy to have stayed at 02L, for we had our first Singapore Airshow practise rehearsal and actual run, all thanks to Alitalia's B777.

Seen here, I-DISE in new colours, doing a fly-past of 02L at probably 200 or 300 feet. What a beauty! So near, so close, so low. Fantastic! Her extremely steep climb after the pass made it so much better than any airshow manuever you will ever witness in Singapore.

idise.jpg

She then returned on a 2nd round for a landing on 02L, going dead slow since she's empty and super light.

idise2.jpg

:yahoo:Here are some more angles from the low level flypast. The gracefulness of the B772 was absolutely stunning at low speeds, and one has to witness it personally to believe :yahoo:

I-DISE_MW.jpg

Following which, the undercarriage doors were opened briefly to retract the RAT and the aircraft executed a beautiful steep climbout.

I-DISEclimbout_MW.jpg

QF's newest A380 VH-OQF operating the evening QF10 flight from LHR.

VH-OQF_MW.jpg

Earlier in the morning, Delta kicked off the day's specials with A333 N804NW in DL's new colour scheme as DL9751 from Guam

N804NW_MW.jpg

Not to be left out, AK also sent 9M-AFJ on an early morning rotation from Langkawi. The starboard of the aircraft is different from the port side of the aircraft. On this side, Lat is seen proudly leading his cast of characters while bearing the Malaysian flag.

9M-AFJstarboard_MW.jpg

Wow... look at those good lights sthots :good: Amazing :drinks:

Earlier in the morning, Delta kicked off the day's specials with A333 N804NW in DL's new colour scheme as DL9751 from Guam

N804NW_MW.jpg

Nice pictures.....

Sorry for this question, but Singapore has flight connections to Guam?

Those are beautiful pictures of the AZ 777 fly-by, TTT and Hoe Jyh. I notice a tiny fan-like structure protruding from the belly of the aircraft.

Those are beautiful pictures of the AZ 777 fly-by, TTT and Hoe Jyh. I notice a tiny fan-like structure protruding from the belly of the aircraft.

Vernon: Kianhong has mentioned it at the RAT, acronym for Ram Air Turbine. This device is the last resort for hydraulic power and electric to control the aircraft when all engines shut down.

Greetings . . . for those who thought I went missing, here I am (and I appreciate your messages).

It was Super Sunday yesterday . . . great skies and absolutely wonderful planes (and might I add that I had great company in the form of Hoe Jyh and Tsan Tsan too).

It was a 12-hour shooting spree for me but nothing thrilled me more than the Alitalia B777-200ER I-DISE going on an air test. ALthough we had an early scare when it was due to return at 1409hrs (instead of 1600hrs), it eventually had its full air test and returned after 1600hrs. The pilot gave me what I felt was the true Singapore Airshow 2010 when it did its wheels-up go-around. With a blue sky to match the occasion, the shot looked like it was taken at FL330 (except for the Ram Air Turbine that is deployed - could someone explain if the RAT could be deployed at high altitudes? Here's a shot of it doing that go-around and then a proper landing thereafter.

mw-I-DISE-2010-01-24-00Cr1-APS.jpg

mw-I-DISE-2010-01-24-00Cr2-APS.jpg

The day began really well for me . . . a sign of what turned out to be a great day of spotting. It all began with the MD-11F of UPS (UPS15 from BKK) being delayed till after sunrise.

mw-N278UP-2010-01-24-00Cr-APS.jpg

Delta Airlines' A330-300 (N804NW) arrived from Guam just after 0800hrs in beautiful light that showed off its gorgeous paintwork.

mw-N804NW-2010-01-24-00Cr-APS.jpg

AirAsia was not going to let the Americans steal the show and so sent in two beauties in Bank Rakyat and 1Malaysia liveries.

mw-9M-AHQ-2010-01-24-00Cr-BankRakya.jpg

mw-9M-AFJ-2010-01-24-00Cr-1Malaysia.jpg

Garuda Indonesia's B737-800s in new livery are practically a daily sight these days - but in great light, it is always a welcome sight.

mw-PK-GMD-2010-01-24-00Cr-VisitIndo.jpg

Sharp-eyed spotters may notice that Valuair's A320 9V-VLB now has one Jetstar wingtip fence (only on the starboard side).

mw-9V-VLB-2010-01-24-00Cr-APS.jpg

And what are the chances of photographing two albino B747-400Fs in one day . . . one in the morning in the form of Cargolux's LX-PCV (it does actually have "Operating for Silk Way Airlines" stickers) . . .

mw-LX-PCV-2010-01-24-00Cr1-AllWhite.jpg

. . . and in the afternoon, China Airlines Cargo followed with its own Snow White.

mw-B-18722-2010-01-24-00Cr1-AllWhit.jpg

TNT's very punctual arrival every Sunday afternoon is always a high point that leaves us guessing if we will see the Big Kumquat (as it did today with OO-THB) or the Emirates Skycargo variant.

mw-OO-THB-2010-01-24-00Cr1-APP-Nose.jpg

Rounding off a superb day was Qantas newest A380 VH-OQF operating QF010 from London to Melboune via Singapore. Appropriately, the "QF" registration appears on the top of the tail fin and on the nosegear door.

mw-VH-OQF-2010-01-24-00Cr1-APP.jpg

For those travelling to SIN for the Singapore Airshow 2010, wishing you a pleasant journey south and a great experience at the show.

KC Sim

Excellent shots, KC Sim, Hoe Jyh and tsentsan! :clapping:

You guys are whipping up my appetite for SIN. Just another six days to go. Can't wait.... :yahoo:

I hope, I can meet up with some of you at CBP on Sunday (31st Jan) afternoon for some spotting.

Regards,

Vivek

Nice coverage KC Sim, Hoe Jyh and Tsentsan!

Next week, troops of Malaysianwings are coming in town and we gonna paint Changi RED :lol:

What wonderful shots with beautiful sky and an interesting airplanes :clapping:

I always check this topics,Changi is really fantastic airport for me, so I want to visit near the future :rolleyes:

Thank you :lol:

Uncle KC,Love the AZ 772ER flypast photo! Is the AZ bird involved in Singapore Air Show next Feb?

No . . . the Alitalia B772ER was on a post-maintenance test flight and would not be at the Singapore Airshow 2010. But for me, it was as spectacular as anything I had hoped to see at the upcoming airshow . . . hence the reference to both in the same sentence.

KC Sim

Greetings . . . for those who thought I went missing, here I am (and I appreciate your messages).

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/aviasian/mw-I-DISE-2010-01-24-00Cr2-APS.jpg

. . . and in the afternoon, China Airlines Cargo followed with its own Snow White.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/aviasian/mw-B-18722-2010-01-24-00Cr1-AllWhit.jpg

For those travelling to SIN for the Singapore Airshow 2010, wishing you a pleasant journey south and a great experience at the show.

KC Sim

Nice to see you back and kickin', KayCee... :pardon:

Great shot with the Ram Air Turbine being employed... :good:

Saw also 18722 at SFO a few weeks back; from a distance it's difficult to see who the owner is... :nea:

Does this mean, you won't be around while SIN Air Show is on ? :huh:

I will be around at the Singapore Airshow . . . starting 1 Feb 2010 (Media Day) until 5 Feb. Saying that the "show is over for me" was just a joke hinting that after Alitalia's performance, nothing's going to be more interesting at the airshow. This of course is not the case as I am keen to see the A330-200F (there will be a cargo loading demonstration only on 1 Feb at 1100hrs), the A-10 Thunderbolt II (never seen that one fly before) and RAAF F-111 doing its most famous (and brilliant) trick.

See you at the show.

KC

Yes it can be used at higher altitudes but only as an emergancy as its back up power

It was Super Sunday yesterday . . . great skies and absolutely wonderful planes (and might I add that I had great company in the form of Hoe Jyh and Tsan Tsan too).

It was a 12-hour shooting spree for me but nothing thrilled me more than the Alitalia B777-200ER I-DISE going on an air test. ALthough we had an early scare when it was due to return at 1409hrs (instead of 1600hrs), it eventually had its full air test and returned after 1600hrs. The pilot gave me what I felt was the true Singapore Airshow 2010 when it did its wheels-up go-around. With a blue sky to match the occasion, the shot looked like it was taken at FL330 (except for the Ram Air Turbine that is deployed - could someone explain if the RAT could be deployed at high altitudes? Here's a shot of it doing that go-around and then a proper landing thereafter.

Is the trick dump and burn

I will be around at the Singapore Airshow . . . starting 1 Feb 2010 (Media Day) until 5 Feb. Saying that the "show is over for me" was just a joke hinting that after Alitalia's performance, nothing's going to be more interesting at the airshow. This of course is not the case as I am keen to see the A330-200F (there will be a cargo loading demonstration only on 1 Feb at 1100hrs), the A-10 Thunderbolt II (never seen that one fly before) and RAAF F-111 doing its most famous (and brilliant) trick.

See you at the show.

KC

Due to workload in recent weeks, there is a backlog of images that I would have loved to share here. So here's the beginning of the upload - working backwards. There's quite a lot more to come and here's just two for the time being.

The Lockheed L-100-30 of Kuwait Air Force has recently made quite a few sorties to Singapore, routing via Colombo. Here's KAF325 photographed on its second visit on 22 January 2010.

mw-KAF325-2010-01-22-02Cr-KuwaitiAF.jpg

On the morning of 23 January 2010, Transaero Airlines' B747-400 arrived on a non-stop flight from Moscow for a maintenance visit to SIA Engineering Company. It is still in SIAEC's hangar.

mw-VP-BKJ-2010-01-23-02Cr-Transaero.jpg

KC Sim

Vernon: Kianhong has mentioned it at the RAT, acronym for Ram Air Turbine. This device is the last resort for hydraulic power and electric to control the aircraft when all engines shut down.

Hi Mr Nguyen!

Thanks for your note.

Nice to meet you here after meeting you at Cafe Diem Hen last month!

Vernon

Some special movements caught over the weekend. :)

I am a happy man once again with all these nice metal birds in good light.

30/01

DU001 came back from airtest. A incredibly clean B744. :blink:

A6-HRM_WSSS_300110.jpg

This little fella - Gulfstream G450 repositioned from WSSL.

N881E_WSSS_300110.jpg

Finally !!!! KLM 'SkyTeam' PH-BVD in exceptional light! Still with blue engine cones.

PH-BVD_WSSS_300110.jpg

Now a few of QF10 flight in a week will be ops by A380.

VH-OQE_WSSS_300110.jpg

31/01

I am speechless ...... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Another first for me.

JA606A_WSSS_310110.jpg

JA606A_WSSS_310110-2.jpg

Surprise to see this as well.

XY-AGG_WSSS_310110.jpg

And the day ended with SQ A380 arriving in golden light with dark background.

9V-SKC_WSSS_310110.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)