MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Check out the chevrons on the trailing edge of the engine nacelles . . . just as Boeing had incorporated in the Dreamliner. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . . . but I am sure Boeing will not be amused.

mw-RA-82009-2009-12-29-01Cr-APS.jpg

Great catch! It says "Stage III" on the engine cowlings. These chevrons result in lower noise but there is a slight fuel penalty.

As part of their service improvement, Garuda Indonesia had replaced their B733 / B734 services between Singapore and Jakarta with B738s. Seen here is PK-GER, the latest B737-800 to join their fleet thus far. The Nature Wings livery is growing on me!

PK-GER_MW.jpg

China Airlines B738 B-18606 from Kaoshiung with 50th anniversary sticker at the back.

B-18606_MW.jpg

Some shots taken exactly a month ago after an early morning flight back from PER. Met Charles Ryan Teoh there at the T3 central apron. :drinks:

First target appeared when it taxied along WP1 for rwy 02L departure back to Mumbai.

VT-VJL_WSSS_071209-1.jpg

Grass cutter stopped n looked as this giant Kingfisher taxiing pass. Would be damn funky to watch this bird from there. :pardon:

VT-VJL_WSSS_071209-2.jpg

Hudson Fysh (VH-OQB) as QF32 back to SYD.

VH-OQB_WSSS_071209.jpg

SQ workhorse were busy too.

9V-SWG_WSSS_071209.jpg

Quite surprised to see a EK B77W with blue engine cone. Later found out that this is the newest aircraft on EK B777 fleet and EK had since become the largest B777 operator in the world with 86 B777s. A6-ECX was delivered 12 days earlier when this photo was taken.

A6-ECX_WSSS_071209.jpg

Glad that AK sent some specials to SIN city. :yahoo:

9M-AFA_WSSS_071209.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Some shots taken exactly a month ago after an early morning flight back from PER. Met Charles Ryan Teoh there at the T3 central apron. :drinks:

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Hi KianHong

Nice photos ! No wonder they look so familar ! Btw your SQ goodies are with me. Perhaps we can meet up soon for spotting.

My flight back on SQ321 was delayed for more than 12 hrs due to technical problem with the aircraft. (SKJ) Tell you more about it when I see you.

Cheers

Charles

Edited by Charles Ryan

Btw your SQ goodies are with me. Perhaps we can meet up soon for spotting.

My flight back on SQ321 was delayed for more than 12 hrs due to technical problem with the aircraft. (SKJ) Tell you more about it when I see you.

Goodie ... ;)

I thought the delay was caused by the snow storm sweeping across Europe. QF32 was delayed too on Friday I believe for 2 hours.

See you around. Cheers

Edited by kianhong

Thai Airways Star Alliance A333 HS-TEL operated TG402 and TG413/414 today. She has the new Thai logo on the fuselage, as well as the Thai Airways logo on a purple background on the winglets.

HS-TEL_9V.jpg

N500E Bombardier Global Express operated by Mobil Corp.

N500E_s8.jpg

AK707 from KUL was operated by One Malaysia 9M-AHJ again.

Sorry, its 9M-AFJ instead.

Actually, in my honest opinion, 9M-AHJ sounded better to me while it lasted :rofl: Don't know if you can work out why

Edited by fablee

Lynden Air Cargo L-100-30 N403LC arriving from Ujung Pandang as LYC481 this afternoon.

N403LC_MW.jpg

9M-AHQ Bank Rakyat had the honour of operating AK5806 from Penang. The agency stickers at the back of fuselage had started to peel off!

9M-AHQ_9V.jpg

With such great weather, it was a joy to have the Brunei Sultanate's B767-200ER V8-MHB to drop in for a visit!

V8-MHB_MW.jpg

:)

13/01

China Eastern turned up in the form of A346 'long pencil' B-6053. :yahoo:

B-6053_WSSS_130110.jpg

KLM PH-BVD 'Skyteam' landed 02C. :angry:

'November Foxtrot Tango' Gulfstream G-V N123FT from Seoul-Incheon.

N123FT_WSSS_130110.jpg

BA11 ops by G-CIVL 'One World'.

G-CIVL_WSSS_130110.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers :)

A few special visitors caught today.

Kuwait Air Force C130 (KAF 325) with call sign KAF3206. Same type with the one currently at SZB?

KAF325_WSSS_170110.jpg

Lion Air B739ER (PK-LFG) in 'Dreamliner' livery. I suddenly had the urge to sing Eminem's song "Will the real Dreamliner please stand up ... please stand up..." when I saw this arcraft. :rofl:

PK-LFG_WSSS_170110.jpg

Coca Cola Corp Gulfstream G550 (N676RW) from Davao. Anything to do with the World Cup trophy tour? But according to online info, the trophy only stop in Indonesia and Malaysia, not in Singapore.

N676RW_WSSS_170110.jpg

I suddenly had the urge to sing Eminem's song "Will the real Dreamliner please stand up ... please stand up..." when I saw this arcraft. :rofl:

Well caught specials. You should have sung it and recorded it in MP3 format to be appended here so we can all download and enjoy it. :rofl: Sure to be No1 hit here on MalaysianWings.

Edited by fablee

Lion Air B739ER (PK-LFG) in 'Dreamliner' livery. I suddenly had the urge to sing Eminem's song "Will the real Dreamliner please stand up ... please stand up..." when I saw this arcraft. :rofl:

:good:

Kuwait Air Force C130 (KAF 325) with call sign KAF3206. Same type with the one currently at SZB?

Yerp..same type as the one at SZB (KAF323), Lockheed L-100-30.

A few special visitors caught today.

Lion Air B739ER (PK-LFG) in 'Dreamliner' livery. PK-LFG_WSSS_170110.jpg

Very nice picture, Kianhong :good: I got it too yesterday but at VVTS with hazy sky (on final) and heatwave (during taxi) after it departed SIN at 11:50AM as flight JT150.

If your picture was taken around 4:00PM SIN time during landing then its flight number is JT157 leaving SGN at 1:50M local time (Zulu +7).

I'd love to get your advice on location to spot landing AC during the afternoon since I'll go shooting right after check-out of Changi without scanner (heard it's strictly forbidden in Singapore as well as in Malaysia)

Some pictures to share...

From today...

45ef65ad.jpg

N720AS Challenger

c09ea174.jpg

Air France today is operated by F-GSQJ, now in new colour.

To add on to Kian Hong's pictures from 13/1 spotting...

0796a34d.jpg

BA15 operated by G-BNLO, with "face to face" sticker.

01a67cea.jpg

C-GSGU long way from home...

Thanks for viewing...

Nice pictures there Raymond Ngu...

Especially the Air France B777-328/ER, much nicer if you post in high resolution...I like it...

Been long time not see pictures from Uncle KC Sim...

Excellent pics, guys! :)

A couple of quick questions:

1) These are 02L arrivals clicked from Changi Business Park, correct?

2) Till what time is the light good enough for photography?

I will be in SIN from Jan 31st onwards. I was planning to do some spotting at CBP on Sunday - Jan 31st. Anyone planning to go there?

- Vivek

Been long time not see pictures from Uncle KC Sim...

Agree with you there. Uncle KC Sim, miss your always remarkable pictures even of ordinary subiects. Plese do post as long as you are spotting. Are you abroad or just busy?

Edited by fablee

Great catch! It says "Stage III" on the engine cowlings. These chevrons result in lower noise but there is a slight fuel penalty.

Hi, sorry for ver late reply to this post,

but i have a question, i do know about chevron shape result in lower noise but still have no idea about slight fuel penalty...hhmmm...i need explainations... ^_^