MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

I don't see the big deal of putting it on public domain. But then, I'm not the most powerful man in the world so I don't see it as a problem. Haha.. I seriously forgotten about it landing in Payar Lebar as AF1 is a military plane and every time it flies its considered an Air Force mission and normally military planes land in military bases.

I read on another forum and they said that last time when Bush came AF1 landed in Changi. Is it true? Oh and I read that they closed highways and jam cellphone lines for 6 hours too!! All for 1 man. Incredible! Now I know why the President of US of A will NEVER come to M'sia. We can never jam our cellphone lines for so long. People will start complaining. But if he does come to M'sia one day, it'll be a field day for the spotters. If he lands in KLIA, we've got it covered. If he lands in SZB, we still got it covered :) Not sure about Simpang though but I think we still have that one covered too! Haha..

.......But if he does come to M'sia one day, it'll be a field day for the spotters. If he lands in KLIA, we've got it covered. If he lands in SZB, we still got it covered :) Not sure about Simpang though but I think we still have that one covered too! Haha..

are you sure we can go near the perimeter area?

are you sure we can go near the perimeter area?

If anyone know people staying in the condos around SZB, you can shoot from those condos too!

Hey I was 2 meters away from the Chinese Deputy Premier a few weeks ago. I hope you guys get a few metres within Obama. :rolleyes: Good Luck

I dunno man. I bet security will be super tight. I'm guessing they'll issue a Presidential Movement on the NOTAM at Changi too. Its the most powerful man on Earth flying in. But if you guys do get a shot of the AFO, PLEASE PLEASE post it up here. I wonder if the AFO will ever touch down in M'sia. Cheers!

Hey I was 2 meters away from the Chinese Deputy Premier a few weeks ago. I hope you guys get a few metres within Obama. :rolleyes: Good Luck

Well, thats the Chinese one. We're talking about B.Obama now! I think catching a glimpse of him would be an amazing feat already.

I read on another forum and they said that last time when Bush came AF1 landed in Changi. Is it true? Oh and I read that they closed highways and jam cellphone lines for 6 hours too!! All for 1 man. Incredible! Now I know why the President of US of A will NEVER come to M'sia. We can never jam our cellphone lines for so long. People will start complaining. But if he does come to M'sia one day, it'll be a field day for the spotters. If he lands in KLIA, we've got it covered. If he lands in SZB, we still got it covered :) Not sure about Simpang though but I think we still have that one covered too! Haha..

Nope. Last AF1 visit was at PLAB as well. I do recall seeing pics of the aircraft there (news reports).

Canadian Air Force A310 and Mexican Air Force B757 just came into WSSS this morning. Japan AF's 2x B744s arriving in 2 hours, followed by 2x Rossiya IL96s. I think only the 2 VC25As go to PLAB, given the high security.

Any chance of Singaporean spotters nailing the Air Force One?

Even if we could get her at PLAB, from the schedule it looks like she'll come and go under the cover of darkness.

Edited by tsentsan

I bet Singapore spotters are busy these few days....

tok tok tok tok tok....

Hi Colin..how's the Bus...?

I bet Singapore spotters are busy these few days....

tok tok tok tok tok....

Hi Colin..how's the Bus...?

Yo TK...haha guess what ....limited destination on this "small lady" for the time being. Getting a bit dull. Flying wise....accuracy superb but she cannot take turbulence well, Ecam actions horrible lengthy and tedious Unlike the solid American built heavier counterpart ( you operating and my ex babe ).

Nevertheless...it's good fleet for my sectors accumulation. Cannot complain already. haha

Hope to pay you guys a visit soon. Anyone in sin keen to head up KL soon day trip spotting?

Leech, KC, Tsen Tsan, Kian Hong ??

SherM : Welcome...hope u enjoy the sub standard images. Cheers

One more shot on the tarmac in Paya lebar the link below

http://www.daylife.com/photo/05nOe2ofG38zg?q=obama

Edited by Colin Kok

Some photos of the more noteworthy movements during the APEC period. A pity the weather could be more cooperative though!

Air China B747-400 B-2472 arriving as CA25 from KUL for his high profile visit to SIN for APEC.

B-2472_MW.jpg

RA-86559 IL-62M arrived as RSD011 from VKO, allowing me to finally see, hear and photograph my very first IL-62 :D

RA-86559_MW.jpg

Cambodia Angkor Air A321 VN-A351 arriving from Phnom Penh as K6001, probably carrying the Cambodian PM on board.

VN-A351_MW.jpg

N767CW Gulfstream G-V from Hong Kong, with a high possibility of carrying the HK Chief Executive, Donald Tsang, to Singapore for the APEC meet.

N767CW_MW.jpg

Other movements:

Alliance VH-FKG Fokker 100

VH-FKG_MW.jpg

PK-OME Embraer Legacy ERJ-135

PK-OME_MW.jpg

:rolleyes:

Hi guys, what callsign is air force one? Apparently I was flying ahead of it last night into china but didnt know its Obama.

Edited by Aaron Goh

Good catch of Alliance F-100 :good: It left Perth to Singapore on November 13, now servicing between Singapore-Christmas Island.

N767CW Gulfstream G-V from Hong Kong, with a high possibility of carrying the HK Chief Executive, Donald Tsang, to Singapore for the APEC meet.

Hoe Jyh, you sure about that?

HKSAR Gov't doesn't look that rich, haha!

Hoe Jyh, you sure about that?

HKSAR Gov't doesn't look that rich, haha!

Hmm I'm just putting up a guess as it was given a parking bay near the VIP complex and not thrown to the former Singapore Airshow site like other non-APEC related private jet movements were. However, it might be a pure coincidence and brought in some other APEC related commercially important person (CIP) from Hong Kong instead.

I wonder if the AFO will ever touch down in M'sia. Cheers!

During same event (APEC) took place at Kuala Lumpur about 11/10 years ago,if I can remember correctly, US sent their Boeing VC-25A (747-2G4B) to Malaysia that time but I sure the callsign was not Air Force One since onboard was former Deputy President, Al-Gore.I can remember because at front page of Migguan Malaysia (Malaysia weekend newspaper) had an article of head government aircraft with pictures as well.

17/11/2009 Prolly the best day within the month of NOV in terms of light.

HS-ABI (c/n 3729) with "See a baby panda @ Chaing Mai" decal.

HS-ABI_WSSS_171109.jpg

PK-GER (c/n 30876) Garuda "Nature Wings" new color.

PK-GER_WSSS_171109.jpg

China Airlines B-18610 (c/n 29105) Lavender color.

B-18610_WSSS_171109.jpg

Strategic Airlines latest A320 VH-YQA in all white scheme landed 20R at 1812 in torrential rain. <_>

Thanks for viewing. :)

Kian Hong. Thanx!! :clapping:

You are welcome. My pleasure... ;)

Here's some movements over the weekend.

Catch of the day. VH-OJS with 'Qantas Socceroos, We're with you all the way' decal as QF10 from EGLL. ATA is 1840 with little light left.

VH-OJS_WSSS_221109.jpg

Garuda A332 PK-GPH has been making regular appearances at WSSS.

PK-GPH_WSSS_221109.jpg

VT-BRK Dassault Falcon 2000EX.

VT-BRK_WSSS_221109.jpg

Good to see some cargo movement other than the regulars. OO-THB 'Ken Thomas'

OO-THB_WSSS_221109.jpg

The day started out with some nice sunshine in the morning, then fair weather cumulus & high cirrus in the afternoon. Down to some TCU & CB in the late afternoon and it looked like its gonna pour anytime soon. But the weather managed to hold up with some sunshine in between until sunset. A fruitful day in NOV! :D Btw, I was spotting with bro Nguyen - our one and only 'Vietnamese' hail from Sarawak. :p

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

nguyen in singapore...?

kian hong...finish learjet?

Nguyen is working n living near the approach path of 02L. :pardon:

Yes ... finished LJ45 training 3 weeks ago. Had a blast flying that little sportcar! :yahoo:

24/11

PK-GEI was delivered to Garuda in old colour early March 2009. Recently painted into new colour.

PK-GEI_WSSS_241109.jpg

9M-MLC was making an appearance as 'Malaysia 605' from KUL.

9M-MLC_WSSS_241109.jpg

B-8019 this Deerjet Gulfstream G-IV has been seen quite a few time in WSSS.

B-8091_WSSS_241109.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)