MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Hoe Jyh & KC Sim, so many beautiful and surprise visitors ! :drinks:

You guys were lucky blessed with good weather. B)

KUL is cloudy almost everyday. :(

Great shots, esp. of N767A; I'd like to tell you, we've gotten N737A in AMS at present: hope to upload the picture soon... :pardon:

Azahan: The grass always seems greener on the other side. From the southern side of the causeway, you cannot imagine how much we envy you for having Gulfair B777-300ER, Yemenia A330-200, MAI A320, IRAN AIR B747SP (turn green, bite tongue, bang head against wall, kick ourselves in the butt for this), all those special liveries from AirAsia and AirAsia X, Al Wafeera B744 (turning even greener with envy).

Even more envy-inducing are the spots you have that allows for rotation and touch-down shots . . . something we lost as a result of double-fencing.

Would be nice if we all could switch location every other month!!! And for us, each trip to KLIA is always made enjoyable and memorable by the hospitable folks we meet.

But it is good that we have this platform to share our shots with you and also turn green looking at the great stuff you guys got out of KUL, Subang, PEN and once in a while from smaller airfields around Malaysia.

KC

Azahan: The grass always seems greener on the other side. From the southern side of the causeway, you cannot imagine how much we envy you for having Gulfair B777-300ER, Yemenia A330-200, MAI A320, IRAN AIR B747SP (turn green, bite tongue, bang head against wall, kick ourselves in the butt for this), all those special liveries from AirAsia and AirAsia X, Al Wafeera B744 (turning even greener with envy).

Even more envy-inducing are the spots you have that allows for rotation and touch-down shots . . . something we lost as a result of double-fencing.

Would be nice if we all could switch location every other month!!! And for us, each trip to KLIA is always made enjoyable and memorable by the hospitable folks we meet.

But it is good that we have this platform to share our shots with you and also turn green looking at the great stuff you guys got out of KUL, Subang, PEN and once in a while from smaller airfields around Malaysia.

KC

KC, i am deeply honored to read what u have written. Yes you got a point. But we here up north do envy those majors coming in to changi on daily basis. I find it amazing to see SIN having double or triple or even more BA daily and more more QH, AF, JAL, Turkish bla bla bla. Its like Heathrow of the East. Yes i do understand that u will get tired of them after a while but imagine the opportunity of having to witness and to record many if not all the regos of those aircraft. And I haven't even touched yet on 380s in which we have to wait for another 2 freakin' years!! Perfect horror!!

Nevertheless, I thank god for having folks like you, Hoe Jyh, Kwek, Tsentsan and the rest for putting effort to post those amazing shots for everyone up here especially me who on and off salivating like Pavlov's dog. :rolleyes:

I made a quick visit to Singapore on the way back to SGN after a biz trip to KL, therefore no chance to join any SIN-based spotters.

#1/ A KLM B777-200ER flaring over rwy 20R around 3:30pm

772KLM_Changi_7483s.jpg

#2/ 03 heavy birds in one shot from the smoking area of T1:

1 B773-Emirates and 2 B773-SQ

triple777_7585.jpg

Love the flaring KLM Tripple a lot, uncle Vu !!! :good:

Hope, you can share some more shots from wherever you visited... :pardon:

Cam on...

Thanks to a friend visiting Singapore and staying at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, I was able to do a spot of photography from this vantage position. The weather was superb in the morning and this seems to be a day when planes go on hot dates. Here's some of the pairings I have managed to capture.

Nippon Cargo Airlines' B747-400F JA02KZ is one swinging bachelor . . . with several partners within a few minutes.

mw-VT-JBH-2009-11-04-01Cr-NCA-B744F.jpg

mw-VH-VGZ-2009-11-04-01Cr-NCA-B744F.jpg

mw-JA02KZ-2009-11-04-02Cr-Cardiq-B7.jpg

mw-JA02KZ-2009-11-04-01Cr-SQ-A380.jpg

And then there is low-cost dating session too . . .

mw-VH-VGZ-2009-11-04-02Cr-FY-AT7.jpg

And sometimes, only one partner is low cost . . .

mw-B-16462-2009-11-04-01Cr-3K-A320.jpg

mw-9V-STE-2009-11-04-01Cr-TXP-Valua.jpg

mw-9V-SRE-2009-11-04-01Cr-TXP-FD-A3.jpg

And sometimes, size does not matter . . .

mw-VH-OQD-2009-11-04-01Cr-AK-A320.jpg

And at other times, size does matter especially when dating partners from within the same clan . . .

mw-9V-SPE-2009-11-04-01Cr-PUP-SQ-A3.jpg

And there are times when size does matter but one is free to date the bitterest enemy.

mw-9V-SPE-2009-11-04-02Br-PUP-QF-A3.jpg

What a wonderful day this has been . . . more pics when I get round to processing more and perhaps tomorrow will also yield more interesting images.

KC Sim

KC,

Superb shots as usual! More, more! :clapping:

Not to mention great comments too. :p

KC,

Could you elaborate more specifically as to where your photos were taken from:- room, balcony, stairway, perhaps even a recommended room number to stay in at the Crowne Plaza.

Thanks Greg

Anyone catch the Alitalia 777 parked on the far north end of the SATS cargo apron on Wednesday?

Any idea to the reason for its visit also?

9M-AFJ was a complete surprise today with this interesting new 1 Malaysia special livery featuring Lat :yahoo:

The red cheatline is especially interesting, giving the aircraft a rather 'reto' touch, while Lat's signature is also painted on the engine cowlings. The familiar characters protrayed in Lat's cartoons are shown under the cheatline, while Lat himself is seen enjoying a coconut drink on the tail of the aircraft. Love the stylised Malaysian flag on the tail though!

9M-AFJ_MW.jpg

G-BNLO operated BA11 today with additional "Face to Face" titles on the nose. Face to Face is a new campaign by BA where lucky business travellers based in the US get to earn a free return trip to any BA destination of their choice so that they are able to meet their clients face to face. More details can be found at: http://facetoface.ba.com/contest

G-BNLO_MW.jpg

:drinks:

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Any of you guys have any idea when Air Force One will be touching down in Changi or is it another top secret mission? Would love to see some pics of the AFO. I wonder if spotters are allowed around the perimeter of the airport on that day.

I dunno man. I bet security will be super tight. I'm guessing they'll issue a Presidential Movement on the NOTAM at Changi too. Its the most powerful man on Earth flying in. But if you guys do get a shot of the AFO, PLEASE PLEASE post it up here. I wonder if the AFO will ever touch down in M'sia. Cheers!

Then the bulis may get paranoid and round up all potential spotters before the plane even arrive...

Bulis? I say the Secret Service will be leading the Ops. Before Obama arrives at a certain place, the Secret Service will be on the ground preparing for his arrival. They'll probably mark down all potential target areas already. But then S'pore is a pro-US country so it might not be that bad. If they come to M'sia, I can imagine the tight security. Well, we'll just have to wait and see. Any idea when its coming?

To spoil everyone's fun. AF1 usually only land at Payar Lebar and there's no establish spotting location around Payar Lebar. Even if there are people spotting at Payar Lebar, the results usually only reserved for private eyes as local spotters deem it to be too risky to put them on public domain.

As much as I like to see AF1, I definitely don't wanna get into trouble with local enforcement agency considered how paranoid they are on normal days, let alone on the day AF1 arrive. I'll stick to WSSS. :pardon: