MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Really love tt Air China / Sonangol Intl A318Elite, KC! :good:

The star of today was undoubtedbly this private B777-200ER of Mid East Air, N777AS.

N777AS_MW.jpg

VP-BBW is a BBJ operated by Gama Aviation and is a repeat visitor from last year's inaugural Grand Prix in Singapore.

VP-BBW_MW.jpg

Global Express OE-IOO features a unique sand coloured livery which reminds me of Saudi's current livery.

OE-IOO_MW.jpg

VQ-BIS is another Global Express with an interesting cheatline. Though a normal bizjet, I personally love how this photo turned out.

VQ-BIS_MW.jpg

In addition to the last minute bizjet traffic, there was also a steady stream of B744s in the afternoon.

"Silver bullet" liveried CX freighters are becoming rarer. Judging from the tarnished appearance of B-HKH, it is no wonder that CX is switching back to painting their freighters in the original livery using a new and lighter paint.

B-HKH_MW.jpg

Asiana Cargo HL7614 was delayed from ICN.

HL7614_MW.jpg

..as well as this KLM Cargo PH-CKA operating MP95 from AMS.

PH-CKA_MW.jpg

Atlas Air N412MC operating GTI8227 and features additional titles near the nose as the aircraft is currently operating on behalf of QF.

N412MC_MW.jpg

JAL One World B744 JA8913 arrived as the daily JL719 flight from NRT.

JA8913_MW.jpg

The weather was really promising today (30Sep)... See how good it is.

bhkv-30sep.jpg

Then somehow.... it became like this when it really mattered, just 1/2hr after the above shot.

phbvd-30sep.jpg

b6051-30sep.jpg

S.I.G.H.

Agreed! The weather in the morning was also truly gorgeous..until the haze suddenly rolled in later in the afternoon.

Srichulak fighting a sudden crosswind gust while on final approach to 20R as TG403.

HS-TEK_MW.jpg

Firefly ATR72 9M-FYG from Subang

9M-FYG_MW.jpg

OE-LGS A319CJ operated CLU1 from Vienna this morning. The aircraft is operated by Triple Alpha on behalf of Stumpf Real Estate Group.

OE-LGS_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Wow great traffic as usual, love the Thai 'Srichulak' :)

I remember it being Sriculalak. No?

Thanks for the correction. Its really easy to miss out tt extra syllabus/letters in the middle!

The daily QR638 flight has been changed to a B77W with effect from today. A7-BAO has the honour of operating the first scheduled B77W on this flight today, 02 Oct 2009. Many thanks to TTT for the heads up!

A7-BAO_s8.jpg

Some photos for a change of scenery from the usual blue skies of Changi Beach to the Terminal 1 viewing mall :)

The rather elusive new livery Garuda B738, PK-GMA finally operated GA891 instead of the usual PK-GEx series on Wednesday.

PK-GMA_MW.jpg

As from MIR's post above, N888YF seems to be quite active in SIN recently. Here she was photographed docking at gate D37 instead of the usual remote stand on Wednesday afternoon as well.

N888YF_MW.jpg

At the other end of the luxury scale, Air Asia 9M-AHO arrived shortly to park besides N888YF at gate D38.

9M-AHO_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Great shots, guys :clapping: Another IL-96 is expected around 10/11 November - President Dimitry coming to Singapore for the APEC summit.

Today is Deepavali, which is also known as the Festival of Light. As much of a coincidence as it was, the sunlight this afternoon was the best we had ever seen for weeks!

MK642 was delayed for 4hrs today and as a result, there was an equipment change from the usual A332 to an A343 3B-NBE with the new Air Mauritius livery. I can't particularly say that I like this livery, but it is nonetheless quite pleasant looking in my opinion (or maybe the blue skies did help too!)

3B-NBE_MW.jpg

VH-VQH 'Go Roos' as 3K516 from BKK.

VH-VQH_MW.jpg

PK-GPJ Garuda A332 arrived some 40mins earlier than her usual arrival time of just after 6pm.

PK-GPJ_34_MW.jpg

FedEx M11F N579FE basking in the last rays of the warm evening sun as FX49 from Memphis.

N579FE_MW.jpg

:drinks:

Hoe Jyh,

Beautiful pictures !!!

It sure helps when there are no clouds around... :pardon:

Turkish Star Alliance A343 TC-JDL pushing back for an early evening departure to CGK as a continuation of TK66 from IST. I guess fate has a huge part to play when catching specials, as I had tried to stalk this aircraft for months on end only to have her come in when I was busy, or being substituted with a normal livery A332/A343 when I was spotting. Thus, I was extremely delighted when she appeared this afternoon when I had expected yet another A332 and I was stuck in the terminal building.

TC-JDL_MW.jpg

Flying BluePH-BVB moments from touchdown on 20C.

PH-BVB_20C_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Turkish Star Alliance A343 TC-JDL pushing back for an early evening departure to CGK as a continuation of TK66 from IST. I guess fate has a huge part to play when catching specials, as I had tried to stalk this aircraft for months on end only to have her come in when I was busy, or being substituted with a normal livery A332/A343 when I was spotting. Thus, I was extremely delighted when she appeared this afternoon when I had expected yet another A332 and I was stuck in the terminal building.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/dolphinair/TC-JDL_MW.jpg

TC-JDL must have continued ex AMS via IST to SIN & CGK...she visited AMS as TK1952/17oct09 :pardon:

Great looking shot of BVB btw... :good:

Thanks for the information, Pieter!

B767-200ER N767A of Saudi Aramco arrived from AKL today. Always nice to see a large biz!

N767A_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Lately we've been blessed with good blue sky at times and beautiful planes on other days. Only wish the two coincide more frequently.

Some sightings from recent week or two . . . sorry I was too busy to even process the shots, coupled with the fact that my computer gave me problems.

17 October 2009

The morning's weather wasn't great but we had a Gulfair plane inbound from Dhaka for maintenance by SIAEC. It turned out to be an A321 and we weren't disappointed.

mw-A9C-ES-2009-10-17-02Cr-APP.jpg

Later the same afternoon, the sky turned blue and the delayed Air Mauritius flight was upsized to an A340 in new colours. Seems like a modified Martinair livery.

mw-3B-NBE-2009-10-17-04Cr-nc-APS.jpg

Meanwhile, the Deepavali crowd was having a good time . . . totally oblivious to the beautiful planes passing overhead.

mw-ChangiBeach-2009-10-17-01Cr-Deep.jpg

18 October 2009

Garuda brought early joy by despatching B737-500 PK-GGF in its new colours.

mw-PK-GGF-2009-10-18-01Cr-VisitIndo.jpg

Although we were disappointed that TNT Airways sent the B744ERF in Emirates Skycargo livery, it still was a beautiful subject.

mw-OO-THD-2009-10-18-02Cr-APS.jpg

Shanghai Airlines Cargo's MD-11F was delayed till just before sundown.

mw-B-2178-2009-10-18-04Cr-APS.jpg

AirAsia has been sending 9M-AHO on the same flight for several days already . . . finally I feel I have photographed enough of the starboard side.

mw-9M-AHO-2009-10-18-01Cr-Skytrax20.jpg

21 October 2009

Thanks to a friend's tip-off, I managed to rush back from downtown to catch this beauty coming in from Auckland.

mw-N767A-2009-10-21-03Cr-APS.jpg

Two other biz-jets came in the same afternoon . . . N888ML in the colours of Macau Landmark is a familiar visitor and N585A followed N767A all the way from Auckland.

mw-N888ML-2009-10-21-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw--N585A-2009-10-21-01Cr-APS.jpg

22 October 2009

A surprise for me . . . the green water-melon.

mw-JA731J-2009-10-22-04Cr-SkyECO-AP.jpg

KC Sim