MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Today, we finally witnessed the inaugural flight of Kingfisher Airlines. IT29 arrived earlier than scheduled in dismal weather but when it finally was time to push back at around 1005hrs (10 mins earlier than scheduled), there was just enough light for some shots. It was parked at B5 and VT-VJL was pushed back facing north.

It is quite funny that IT flies to HKG also arrived far earlier than the scheduled arrival time. The STA is 0805hr, however since her commence to HKG, included today, her ATAs were around 30-40mins ahead the STA. The ATDs were still some minutes ahead the STD.

What makes they fly always that earlier than the schedule, I wonder, XDDD

It is quite funny that IT flies to HKG also arrived far earlier than the scheduled arrival time. The STA is 0805hr, however since her commence to HKG, included today, her ATAs were around 30-40mins ahead the STA. The ATDs were still some minutes ahead the STD.

What makes they fly always that earlier than the schedule, I wonder, XDDD

While I always love it when airlines are punctual, I will be very happy if the Kingfisher flight to Singapore is delayed by about an hour. Its 0705 hrs scheduled arrival is too early for any good approach shots. Then again, there are other airlines that we hope will be arriving much earlier than their scheduled arrival, and these include Air Niugini and Bangkok Airways.

In essence, we need the sun to shine brighter and longer.

KC Sim

HI KC-san

It has been a long time to seeing you.

What a nice photos for KINGFISHER A332,I wish to take photos for it

when I have a flight to Singapore.

Sadly,I do not have any flight duty to Singapore recent two month.

How's the weather in Singapore?

From MASAHIKO SAKAI in JAPAN

Once again, excellent shots, KayCee !!! :good: :yahoo:

Guess, what's my favorite aircraft... :p

Pieter : Now that it is more concrete that KLM Cargo, Martinair Cargo and Air France Cargo are merging their fleet under MP, will the KLM Cargo fleet now be painted in full MP Cargo colours? I am dreaming of (the merged) Martinair Cargo send its MD-11F, B777-200LRF and B747-400ERF to SIN according to the payload for each day. That would give us more to photograph.

Sakai-san : Weather has been extremely unpredictable. As you look through the pictures we post, you could see that it could be blue sky one day and totally washed out another day. We are also faced with haze sent to us by our Indonesian plantation owners.

Today, we had a persistent rain for most of the day but when news filtered through (thanks to MIR for info you relayed from your contact in MEL)that B707N88ZL is passing through SIN, we defied the drizzle and photographed it anyway. It is not often one gets to see a B707 these days. It arrived in SIN at 1442hrs and departed almost an hour later to Dubai (contrary to earlier information we obtained indicating a 2300hrs departure back to Australia). This plane is currently used by Beyonce for her world tour and she is currently in Australia where she will perform at a concert in Perth on 24 Sep before coming to SIN. Her appearance at the F1Rocks concert is on 26 Sep.

mw-N88ZL-2009-09-19-01Cr-Beyonce-AP.jpg

KC Sim

I am glad you defied the rain KC! This pix looks monochromatic! And the B707 looks like it is in pristine condition too. Was it noisy?

Fabian : This is one pristine Boeing in spite of its age. On a sunny day, you will see it gleaming like a factory-new Ferrari. Even in this gloomy weather, you could see the gleaming chrome-coated engine intakes. Although the engines were smoky compared to those on modern-day jets, they were not noisy at all.

All in all, a very beautiful jet that is probably on the threshold of being considered a vintage. If only the stars who charter these planes would put their names on it. Look out for it to return nearer the date of the F1Rocks concert.

KC Sim

I think that there may be some executive jet hire companies realising that getting a classic aircraft and restoring it to its original condition is cheaper than getting brand new corporate jets. This may even be a plus point for charters because there are people who really appreciate flying in classic aircraft. Looks like this B707 has got a hush kit - it may be costly to fly compared to the re-engined (with CFM-56's) ones.

Hope that you can get it in better weather conditions when it comes back next week. Thanks KC! :)

Pieter : Now that it is more concrete that KLM Cargo, Martinair Cargo and Air France Cargo are merging their fleet under MP, will the KLM Cargo fleet now be painted in full MP Cargo colours?

Indeed, PH-CKA/B/C/D will be painted in MP Cargo colours eventually...probably, during their 1st C- or D-check... :pardon:

Beautiful Shots of the B707 KC.......I'm jealous! And that was a real blast of Red for the Kingfisher Cabin tour...wow!

Keep those shots coming. Always good to keep up with what is going on in Singapore

Andrew

Thanks to the delivery of VH-OQD - Qantas' fourth A380, we now see this big bird appearing five times weekly in Singapore. Here VH-OQB is seen climbing out of Changi Airport enroute to Sydney as QF32 yesterday. If you stare hard, you could see the vortices arching from the engine pylon over the wing - a signature of the A380. You could see this is almost every landing and take-off shot of it.

mw-VH-OQB-2009-09-21-08Cr-TOP.jpg

A gem yesterday for us was this B777-200LRF of AeroLogic which came in at 1557hrs instead of 0425hrs from Leipzig and Bahrain. And it was made sweeter by the fact that the overcast skies opened a crack just for AirAsia's Bank Rakyat followed by AeroLogic and thereafter shut again. It even rained quite heavily later in the evening around the airfield.

mw-D-AALB-2009-09-21-02Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Been a while since I last heard of AeroLogic, which was before my move up to Brisbane, to be exact. Good to see those 777F in operation! :good:

Nice aileron deflection on the QF A380 !!! :good:

AeroLogic very rare, even for us Europeans... :pardon:

Nice aileron deflection on the QF A380 !!! :good:

AeroLogic very rare, even for us Europeans... :pardon:

IIRC most of the AeroLogic flights in the EU are for overnight deliveries, but again that was the "plan" a year ago before economy went for the deep sea diving.

This plane is currently used by Beyonce for her world tour and she is currently in Australia where she will perform at a concert in Perth on 24 Sep before coming to SIN. Her appearance at the F1Rocks concert is on 26 Sep.

Good capture of VH-OQB. Beyonce would be arriving SIN in a smaller jet on Friday because N88ZL is at JFK today. :sorry:

Edited by MIR

no she isn't. she ferried quite a number of the guys from Lotus for the F1 GP this weekend. pretty much an assurance of TF's involvement in the 1Malaysia F1 project. btw, it was an extra flight.

26/09/09

1. Air Lazur ETA 1145LT frm BKK

Aircraft : Challenger 604

Callsign: LZR654

Edited by MIR

One day before the F1 Grand Prix, a steady stream of bizjets arrived in SIN with most of them landing on 20C. This was frustrating because we were staking out the approach to 20R.

Our fortunes turned in the afternoon when the gem of the day - in the form of a newly-delivered Airbus A318Elite - painted in the colours of Sonangol International with additiional Air China titles arrived. What a joy it brought us and everyone present had smiles that wrap round their faces ten times over.

mw-B-6188-2009-09-26-03Cr-AirChina-.jpg

A bizjet with an extremely auspicious registration - N68888 - arrived in lovely light too . . .

mw-N68888-2009-09-26-01Cr-APS.jpg

. . . followed by a familiar Boeing BBJ registered VP-BJJ.

mw-VP-BJJ-2009-09-26-01Cr-APP.jpg

The day was beautifully wrapped up for me with a Garuda A330-200 PK-GPJ in the airline's new Nature's Wing livery.

mw-PK-GPJ-2009-09-26-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim