MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Jon, no need to be envious. Don't for one moment believe that our weather is always so "crystal clear" . . . because it is not. It is just that when we get "presents" in the form of haze from our wonderful neighbour, we just don't shoot. Or if we cannot tahan and still shoot, we just don't post them on Mwings.

So yes, we have our fair share of hazy skies and indeed clear skies are relatively uncommon like in KUL. Perhaps KUL has a bit more challenge with the weather because the city sits in the Klang Valley which tends to trap particles in the air.

So come to SIN for some photography once in a while . . . like we did going to KUL in the past.

KC Sim

Weather's not great but the subject is. This is possibly a first visit by Air France's B777-328ER in the Skyteam livery . . . who knows, it might even be its first commercial service. Can anyone establish if this is correct? Due to the worsening weather, we were apprehensive about getting even a lousy record shot . . . and then some darker clouds moved into position just as this aircraft was seen turning in over the Johor airspace towards Changi Airport. Look forward to the opportunity in the future to posting a shot in better weather and light.

mw-F-GZNE-2009-06-15-05Br-Skyteam-A.jpg

KC Sim

KC Sim san

Thank you for your HOT news :clapping:

AF's B777-300ER with Skyteam livery came to SIN immediatly :blink:

He was just still delivered at 10th Jun!!!

Very NICE c/s :good:

WOAH,

Fantastic catch there KC. :good:

The colours on the 77W sure look stunning!

Nice catch, KC. Would love to see this aircraft side by side with Singapore Airlines-Star Alliance(9V-SYE).

Time now is 1730 hours .Now in Changi waiting for my flight back home to PEN. Just saw M37-01 Royal Malaysian Air Force Dassault Falcon 900 Executive Jet land in Changi 1 hour ago. Wonder who's on board ?

Edited by Raymund Yeoh

Today is a day for the two Japanese carriers to show their alliance membership at Changi Airport. ANA's B767-300ER with Star Alliance livery landed on runway 20C but thankfully, JAL's B747-400 JA8913 painted in the standard oneworld livery landed on 20R in beautiful light.

mw-JA8913-2009-06-18-03Br-oneworld-.jpg

Now to wait for their B777-300ER with the same livery - it came on Monday evening (15 Jun) ahead of Air France's Skyteam B773ER but landed on 20C. The alliances are making it quite interesting again.

KC Sim

Hey KC,

Always catching those interesting movements.......great job.

You are right, the alliance specials is def. making life more interesting. I will see what I can catch at LAX!!

Andrew

Nice start to the weekend . . . ANA sent her Panda B763 the previous night and this Saturday morning, it departed to Tokyo just as the light peep through those massive clouds.

mw-JA606A-2009-06-20-05Br-Panda-TOP.jpg

No such luck with the Spanish Air Force (Fuerza Aerea Espana) Airbus A310-300 as she departed to Auckland, New Zealand.

mw-T22-1-45-50-2009-06-20-03Br-Span.jpg

Another state aircraft headed in the opposite directions is this Royal New Zealand Air Force B757-200 seen here arriving from Cairns just before the sun was put to rest.

mw-NZ7572-2009-06-20-06Br-RNZAF-APS.jpg

Emirates' A340-500 A6-ERJ - the one that nearly crashed at takeoff from Melbourne - was being ferried to Dubai and was known to have overnighted at Perth. It was expected to fly Perth-Denpasar-Singapore today but eventually departed Perth for its non-stop ferry flight to Dubai. What a disappointment.

KC Sim

It was JAL 'One World' JA8913 again today.

JA8913_WSSS_210609.jpg

Standing right below the approach path, SQ newest delivered A380 (9V-SKG) returned home from London.

9V-SKG_WSSS_210609.jpg

Earlier on, SKA from Narita.

9V-SKA_WSSS_210609.jpg

More super wide angle shots. :pardon:

9V-SQL_WSSS_210609.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Wow... A very nice capture of the JAL OneWorld and the Whalejet there kianhong.

Today's weather setting seems dramatic.

Cheers!

KC, holy crack!! The NZ752!! :yahoo: I've been flying that machine as PH-TKB long time ago in service in The Netherlands :yahoo: nice catch as well as the Spanish A310!! Thx for sharing mate :drinks:

Kianhong: Thx for sharing your pics as well, like your JAL 1W picture! And of course the angle of A388 :yahoo:

Nice Panda catch, KC. If that was the morning flight out of SIN on the 21st of June, it came to HNL after its stop in NRT. Caught JA606A in HNL this morning headed back for NRT. It was a nice surprise!

Andrew : You know how long I have longed for the ANA Panda to appear on the morning departure flight . . . or any flight for that matter. Now I can breathe easier when I next see it.

Jerrold : Great to hear that you got it immediately after me . . . could you post your shot too. I am so looking forward to seeing your shot.

There were a few special movements these few days . . . on 23 Jun, an A330-200 registered EC-334 arrived painted in a yellowish primer, destined for the Royal Australian Air Force's tanker conversion programme. It left eventually for Brisbane.

mw-EC-334-2009-06-23-01Cr-primer-AP.jpg

Today, we had two . . . MK Airlines B747-200F G-MKBA arriving from Darwin as BGB604 and departing later the same day to Colombo.

mw-G-MKBA-2009-06-26-01Br-APS.jpg

Qatar Airways' A330 in the red Asian Games 2006 livery isn't new but still is the more elusive of the airline's special liveried planes.

mw-A7-AEG-2009-06-26-01Cr-AsianGame.jpg

KC Sim

JQ's newest A321 (VH-VWU) on delivery from Dubai. Dedicate this to Liam, thank mate!

VH-VWU_WSSS_270609.jpg

Kiwi547 (NZ7572) from Cairns. Landing on the wrong runway again!!! :angry:

NZ7572_WSSS_270609.jpg

Dedicate this to all the Russians lover. AN-12 (UP-AN215) inbound from Balik Papan. Look at the smoke! :blink:

UP-AN215_WSSS_270609.jpg

One of the few EY A332 that carry the "2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix" title.

A6-EYS_WSSS_270609.jpg

KC: Here's the flying Panda at HNL. Now I'm still waiting to get the ANA Star Alliance B763 over here!

Two special visitors, N121UA and JA606A.

nh763_62109_s1.jpg

Panda makes an early takeoff from the Reef Runway.

nh763_62109_s2.jpg

Oh, hope I am allowed some HNL photos in this SIN thread! :)

Edited by Jerrold Wu

Jerrold, nice Panda and UA * alliance from HNL. Cheers.

This afternoon, JAL sent 'One World' (JA732J) in the form of B77W. :yahoo:

JA732J_WSSS_280609.jpg

Jerrold, nice Panda take-off shot there! :)

Some recent shots from me..

Another angle of MK Airlines B742F G-MKBA arriving from Cairns

G-MKBA_MW.jpg

I was especially pleased with this shot as it was my first photo of a JQ A321.

VH-VWU_MW.jpg

The airspace closure for the NDP rehearsals meant that flights scheduled to arrive between 1900-1930 either have to arrive before or after the closure timing. This provided an opportunity to capture the extremely elusive EY A332 in beautiful golden evening light. EY A332s only operate during the summer schedule to SIN, and the scheduled arrival timing is 1hr later as compared to the winter schedule.

A6-EYS_MW.jpg

RNZAF B752 departing as NSB547 back to Cairns this morning. This time around, it has no choice but to depart from the correct runway! :D

NZ7572_rotation_MW.jpg

NZ7572_MW.jpg

VP-BID with basic Nippon Cargo Airlines colours making a steep climbout as ABW101 on a test flight.

VP-BID_MW.jpg

Air India Express VT-AXC.

VT-AXC_MW.jpg