MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Well done KC on catching the 9M-XAC 'Oakland Raiders' departure ...finally.

If only it had departed 3 days and 3 hours earlier on 20R!

Ian

Edited by Ian Moy

Maybe something to look forward to during the gathering. :good:

Is a Malaysianwings Anniversary meeting being planned? Perhaps another contingent of Singaporean well-wishers could come up if a date is firmed.

It would be nice to use this occasion to capture better shots of the Oakland Raiders A340 at KLIA.

KC Sim

Is a Malaysianwings Anniversary meeting being planned? Perhaps another contingent of Singaporean well-wishers could come up if a date is firmed.

It would be nice to use this occasion to capture better shots of the Oakland Raiders A340 at KLIA.

KC Sim

Hi KC,

I thought it's confirm on the final Saturday and Sunday of June?

XAC will be an eye catcher worldwide, a fantastic livery. Fuselage on portside are the footballers and starboard are......AH MOIs :lol::rofl:

KC Sim

Usually the gathering date is on the final Saturday of the month, so the date should be 27th June'09. See you guys there :drinks:

Good stuff often comes in pairs :)

Gulf Air sent a pair of aircraft this afternoon for maintenance at SIAEC.

A9C-KA

A9C-KA_MW.jpg

A9C-EJ

A9C-EJ_MW.jpg

In addition, SQ also sent 2 of their newest Airbuses in their fleet back into Changi this evening!

9V-STG

9V-STG_MW.jpg

9V-SKG

9V-SKG_MW.jpg

Having previously failed to photograph any of the Gulfair aircraft arriving for maintenance by SIAEC, I was rather pleased to see two of its aircraft (A330-200 A9C-KA + A320 A9C-EJ) due in the early afternoon. Here's a slightly different take on the A320 from that posted by Hoe Jyh.

mw-A9C-EJ-2009-06-10-03Cr-APS.jpg

British Airways sent its "oneworld" B744 G-BNLI . . .

mw-G-BNLI-2009-06-10-01Cr-oneworld-.jpg

And this is my first decent shot of SIA's newest A380 9V-SKG.

mw-9V-SKG-2009-06-10-03Cr-APS.jpg

mw-9V-SKG-2009-06-10-05Cr-APS-Nose.jpg

KC Sim

Oh Grandmaster of all nose shots . . . each time I see how you shoot those beautiful noses, I always ask myself how you manage to make noses look so beautiful. And so I sometimes try shooting noses too . . . with inconsistent results.

KC Sim

The B747-400 of the government of the United Arab Emirates (A6-MMM) seems to be perpetually undergoing maintenance. Yesterday, it undertook yet another air test . . . I am certainly not complaining.

mw-A6-MMM-2009-06-11-05Cr-APS.jpg

Jetstar received yet another Airbus A320 yesterday as VH-VGZ arrived from Toulouse and Dubai.

mw-VH-VGZ-2009-06-11-05Cr-DeliveryF.jpg

Something which I continue to chase . . . Lufthansa's pencil-thin A340-600. Most of the time, it lands on 20C/02C but it co-operated yesterday.

mw-D-AIHZ-2009-06-11-01Cr-APS.jpg

This morning brought promise of some nice stuff . . . and I was not disappointed. Aero Logic's B777-200LRF D-AALA arrived yesterday and this morning, it was scheduled to depart to Hong Kong at 0825hrs. True to its German roots, it departed early with a very energetic take-off run and climb-out.

mw-D-AALA-2009-06-12-02Cr-TOS.jpg

Not to be out-done, Air China deployed its B737-800 complete with full-body phoenix artwork. It departed as flight CA958.

mw-B-5422-2009-06-12-03Cr-Phoenix-T.jpg

From south of the border, Indonesia's Cardiq Air's B737F seems to be doing the work previously undertaken by Megantara Air. And for the first time - for me at least, PK-BBA was deployed instead of PK-BBB.

mw-PK-BBA-2009-06-12-03Cr-TOS.jpg

KC Sim

I think it will take another 50 yrs for aerologic to visit klia. Hehe. Fantastic shot KC bro!

Nice shots from this morning, KC! :)

Here are some different angles from this morning's specials.

The Germans sure know how to demonstrate the performance of a lightly loaded and ridiculously overpowered twin! In fact, where better to demonstrate that other than in front of other ultra long haul counterparts from SQ (which probably can't pull off such a feat just as easily?) :D

D-AALA_MW.jpg

Air China quickly followed with a very colourful B738 featuring a stylised Phoenix livery.

B-5422_1_MW.jpg

Cardig Air PK-BBA 'Motivation' B733F is similarly motivated to perform a quick rotation!

PK-BBA_MW.jpg

Hoe Jyh : You have nailed both Aero Logic and Cardiq Air at that beautiful moment of rotation . . . now if only that Air China pilot had similarly pulled its nose up at that spot. There seems to be a lot of engines in the Aero Logic shot. Actually, the A340-500 probably isn't as impressed by the B772LRF's take-off because if so desired, it too could pull a mean one. It is her sister the A340-300 that would have cried itself to sleep after witnessing that B772LRF takeoff - at this point on the takeoff roll, the A343 would still be lumbering unglamourously and noisily.

Cardiq Air is the second Fedex-look-alike Indonesian carrier in recent years. Do you remember Republic Express with its B737-200F? It even shortened its name to REPEX!! Fedex, the story of its creation and its eventual success must have "motivated" both carriers - especially Cardiq Air.

Lovely shots . . .

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

guys... am so envious about the weather in Singapore... crystal clear... while at our side here... no thanks to our neighbour <_>

guys... am so envious about the weather in Singapore... crystal clear... while at our side here... no thanks to our neighbour <_>

Has always been like that, isn't it? <_>