MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

After chasing the ANA Panda for years, I finally got a chance to grab it when it made an unexpected appearance. As luck would have it, most of its approach was shrouded in shadow . . . with the clouds yielding only seconds before it "flies into the trees" over Changi Beach. But as we said, you have to get it in bad light before you can get it in good light . . . I have paid my dues and now await that promised "perfect light shot".

mw-JA606A-2009-05-27-04Br-Panda-APS.jpg

KC Sim

N836BA arrived in extremely dismay weather. :angry: Notice the extra antenna pod on the tail fin.

N836BA_WSSS_280509.jpg

Then two 'smokers'.

EW-262TK prolly from Batam.

EW-262TK_WSSS_280509.jpg

LYNDEN 402 repositioned from WSSL.

N402LC_WSSS_280509.jpg

Finally Wunanla Dreaming VH-OJE operate as QF6 approached WSSS in rather decent light.

VH-OEJ_WSSS_280509.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers :)

Really love the Lynden smoker, as it really shows the 'smoke' :pardon: :good:

And then there were seven . . . SIA's seventh Airbus A380-841 (interestingly it was 9V-SKH instead of 9V-SKG) arrived from Toulouse this afternoon at 1455hrs. For it to begin daily A380 flights to Paris, it would need yet another delivery in the coming days (would have to be 9V-SKG).

mw-9V-SKH-2009-05-29-01Cr-APS-Deliv.jpg

KC Sim

Amazing shots Guys ! :good: Really enjoyed viewing those fantastic liveries! :yahoo:

I wonder whats that extra 'thing' mounted on top of N836BA's tail.

MIR

Nice nice ... thanks for sharing, KC. My Kilo Hotel looks very clean n shiny. :good:

Shud be far cleaner and shinier than Kilo Charlie eh hehehehe :rofl:

Edited by Ignatius

Shud be far cleaner and shinier than Kilo Charlie eh hehehehe :rofl:

You can be sure it is. And Airbus would have a lot to answer for if 9V-SKH arrives in anything less than pristine condition. So ready is the aircraft that the same evening of its delivery flight's arrival, it was deployed on SQ638 to NRT.

9V-SKC's blemishes are probably nothing surprising . . . you may not be surprised to learn that when a B747-312 was registered N117KC, it was a very problematic aircraft insofar as despatch reliability was concerned.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Homecoming for 2 jumbos this afternoon :)

Great Wall Cargo B-2429 operating IJ8710 from Shanghai. Formerly 9V-SFH

B-2429_MW.jpg

Martinair PH-MPR operating MP93. Formerly 9V-SMG

PH-MPR_MW.jpg

Haven't shot this baby Boeing for quite some time and she still looks just as stunning

PK-CJV_MW.jpg

BA OneWorld G-BNLI paid another visit today :)

G-BNLI_MW.jpg

A pleasant surprise to see Saudi on a Sunday as they are only scheduled to operate only every Monday and Saturday.

HZ-AIT_MW.jpg

The recently concluded Shangri-La dialogue in Singapore brought a number of bizjet movements to SIN

BBJ VP-BJJ

VP-BJJ_MW.jpg

Global Express N1990C

N1990C_MW.jpg

A pair of cute TUDM/RMAF CN-235s

M44-07_MW.jpg

M44-08_MW.jpg

Hey Everyone, here is a "sneak preview" of the AirAsia X A343 "Raider" Special Livery...

D7-Raider-livery-rz.jpg

Should be Balik Kampong very soon... Do lookout for her ya.

Cheers~

Thanks for preview, Daniel. :drinks: I hope D7 will sent the "Raiders" to Perth for a familiarization flight soon :pardon:

No worries guys. Hope u all like it.

Hope the "Raiders" will fly to most part of the world as AirAsia is expanding

Cheers!

To all KUL spotters . . . 9M-XAC is enroute back to you and should be landing anytime soon. Hopefully the information passed on to you via this site's administrators gave you enough time to rush to the airport for its arrival. It left SIN at 1300hrs after undertaking a short taxying test.

mw-9M-XAC-2009-06-05-01Br-Raiders-T.jpg

The high-sun was not at all flattering for this lovely subject and I hope someday to photograph it in better light.

KC Sim