MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

I must admit that although I was not previously a fan of the revised livery (judging from pictures), I am now a convert. I do like this livery - especially the AIRFRANCE title.

KC Sim

The red 'band' next to the titles and on the tail reminds me of this:

AMS819.jpg

GZND was parked at gate C1 and she arrived around 1717.

AF256 was expected to arrive at 1727hrs but eventually was about two mins late . . . could not have arrived at 1717hrs.

Sorry LeeCH, I don't remember seeing 9V-SRH . . . this is one of those afternoons when everything seems nice and so I photographed almost every one that came along.

Pieter : You are right . . . I really agree that it seems to have been cut and pasted from CITYJET. Does this airline have anything to do with Air France? BTW Pieter, I will be in AMS from 15-24 May and staying with my friend Mischa in Zwolle. I will of course be at AMS quite a few times during that period and gunnig for that Lan Cargo B777F that is expected on 20May. And this time round, I am once again hoping to get the retro B738 of KLM in better light.

Do you by any chance know anyone who knows the history of the Amsterdam-Batavia route well? Someone who knows of anecdotes and interesting things that happened during the history of this route?

Dank u wel . . . perhaps we might meet somewhere around AMS.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

AF256 was expected to arrive at 1727hrs but eventually was about two mins late . . . could not have arrived at 1717hrs.

KC Sim

You're right KC. Just checked my camera exiF. She was still over Changi Beach at 1740. Thank you for the correction :D

Sorry LeeCH, I don't remember seeing 9V-SRH . . . this is one of those afternoons when everything seems nice and so I photographed almost every one that came along.

KC Sim

No wonder I did not see that AF. I landed at 1545LT. Would have missed it anyway as I am taxi routed via SC1 towards T2.

KC, sorry. Mistaken with my flight outbound on SRH. Inbound KIX-SIN was on SRC. Thanks.

Pieter : You are right . . . I really agree that it seems to have been cut and pasted from CITYJET. Does this airline have anything to do with Air France? BTW Pieter, I will be in AMS from 15-24 May and staying with my friend Mischa in Zwolle. I will of course be at AMS quite a few times during that period and gunnig for that Lan Cargo B777F that is expected on 20May. And this time round, I am once again hoping to get the retro B738 of KLM in better light.

Do you by any chance know anyone who knows the history of the Amsterdam-Batavia route well? Someone who knows of anecdotes and interesting things that happened during the history of this route?

KC,

Will be away on a trip between 15-22may09 (DXB-IAH) and have to work the weekend of 23-24may09 :sorry:

Cityjet is a 100% subsidiary of AF :pardon:

Found this link for some nice AMS-Batavia info:

http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uive...ia_line_eng.htm

Enjoy the article as well as your upcoming trip to the Netherlands !!!

Saw the D7 A340 pictured above at SATS Cargo Centre this afternoon. Was extremely intrigued by this livery!!! Will wait to see with anticipation the final product!

Waaaahhhhh~~!!!!!!!! :blink::blink:

I LIKE it A LOT~!!!!!!!

Why is it in Oakland Raiders livery? D7 starting KUL-OAK soon? (If so, where will the transit point be?)

Edited by Andi C

Why is it in Oakland Raiders livery? D7 starting KUL-OAK soon? (If so, where will the transit point be?)

The A340 can't handle direct KUL - OAK without stop? Any possibility the plane would not be based here, maybe STN - OAK?

Seems like there is still a patch of toothpaste green on the belly of the plane. :p

Edited by waiping

What's with the tinge of green under the belly??

Air Canada's color. Seems like they didn't paint over it.

Wow!!! D7 will take delivery new A340 with special livery :blink:

I just caught XAB last visit to KUL, but I have to revist to catch him... :p

It's very difficult to complete AK & D7 special livery :mellow:

Went down to Changi Beach to catch Amiri 1. It landed at the wrong runway!

Full zoom + Heavy cropped. :(

A7-HHH_WSSS_200509.jpg

But I like to believe today would be a 'special' day and I have packed/'ta pao'/bungkus enough blue sky from Perth to last me the whole afternoon. Then ... one by one.

Look like a FedEx wannabe.

PK-BBB_WSSS_200509.jpg

If anyone still remember, the all white PK-RPX crash-landed in KCH some years ago. Are they related?

PK-RPI_WSSS_200509.jpg

Probably not special to most SIN n KUL spotters, still a special color to me.

A7-AEE_WSSS_200509.jpg

Yokoso Japan!!!!

JA8916_WSSS_200509.jpg

Another strayed aircraft landing at the 'wrong' runway. :pardon:

JA614A_WSSS_200509.jpg

Woohoo! A long pencil star alliance for myself. :yahoo:

9V-SYE_WSSS_200509.jpg

AF new color simply look gorgeous in the crisp late afternoon light. B)

F-GZND_WSSS_200509.jpg

Of course, the icon of WSSS - the whale jet. Dedicate this our Taiko Azahan.

9V-SKD_WSSS_200509.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Edited by kianhong