MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

More shots from recent days . . .

Lufthansa Gargo's MD-11Fs seem to be rotating earlier than they used to . . . perhaps a sign of the present light-weight economic conditions. But I am not complaining . . .

mw-D-ALCS-2009-04-10-02Cr-SINtwr-RO.jpg

Another MD-11F that I am not complaining about is the one in Shanghai Airlines Cargo livery. Yet another delayed flight that finally come in some decent light.

mw-B-2179-2009-04-12-07Cr-ShanghaiC.jpg

Finally, the red-nosed BA B747-400 with oneworld livery . . . and in beautiful light too.

mw-G-CIVC-2009-04-14-03Br-oneworld-.jpg

More nose jobs . . . in the shape of a JAL B777 and an SIA A380.

mw-JA705J-2009-04-10-03Cr-TOS-Nose.jpg

mw-9V-SKC-2009-04-14-01Br-APS-Nose.jpg

Nice shot of G-CIVC Hoe Jyh . . . the port side view has a bonus in the form of the "red nose Day" sticker.

KC Sim

BA the red nose One World

Has a very shiny nose...."like a light bulb"

And if you ever SPOT it

You would even say it glows.

Err...April now and already in Christmas mood.

Heads UP!

Skywest Airlines F-100 VH-FND is departing Perth today 17/04 for Singapore (Seletar) via Denpasar for Heavy maintaince.

Arrival Time into Seletar will be approx 15.15hrs (local)

Fokker 100 VH-FNJ already at Seletar having already undergone maintaince will depart at 09.00hrs on Tuesday 21/04 direct

for Perth.

Opportunity to get two F-100's.

Thanks to XR Pilot GM for the info!

Cheers GW

More Changi sightings of late . . .

Sunday afternoon brought instant gratification . . . and went a loooooooong way towards compensating for the shortness of the day when a huge cloud dimmed the sun much sooner than it should. Within two minutes of my arrival at Changi Beach, Lufthansa's A340-600 D-AIHN arrived as LH790 from Munich. This often lands on the runway 02C/20C and until today, I have failed to get it.

mw-D-AIHN-2009-04-19-07Cr-LDS-strob.jpg

Immediately following it was China Eastern Airlines' A340-600 B-6052 arriving as MU567 from Shanghai-Pudong. For the longest time, we had to contend with the A300-600 operating this flight and recently, this was upgraded to an A340-300. But the A346 seems to be putting in a more regular appearance in the last week.

mw-B-6052-2009-04-19-02Cr-LDS.jpg

Two unusual subjects also seen at Changi Airport - both Airbuses. Maltest-registered Airbus 318Elite is probably the first ever A318 to visit Changi. Perhaps someone could also help verify if this is correct.

mw-9H-AFL-2009-04-15-04Cr-APP.jpg

The other Airbus - the all-too-familiar S2-ADH (formerly in Biman Bangladesh Airlines' livery) - in a new identity. The new operator of this aircraft is BlueLine, a French carrier which is said to have put in only a hundred seats on this aircraft. It was photographed returning from its air test.

mw-S2-ADH-2009-04-18-02Cr-Blueline-.jpg

And when the light is uncommonly good late in the day, even common subjects such as this Jetstar Asia A320 proved irresistible.

mw-9V-JSH-2009-04-14-05Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Rare shot of Blueline Airbus, still with Bangladeshi registration !!! :yahoo:

It's rumoured, BLE will operate this aircraft on long-haul VIP charters :pardon:

Sneeze's ride back home today :) B-KPF arrived as CX713 and departed back as CX716 to Hong Kong. Perhaps CX knew Sneeze was going to be onboard this flight today and made a last minute switch from the usual B773 (non ER) hehe.

B-KPF_MW.jpg

Sneeze's ride back home today :) B-KPF arrived as CX713 and departed back as CX716 to Hong Kong. Perhaps CX knew Sneeze was going to be onboard this flight today and made a last minute switch from the usual B773 (non ER) hehe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/dol...09/B-KPF_MW.jpg

Finally home!!

I was happy to meet you guys in SIN Changi Bench this afternoon incidentally to make the mini gathering thereby.

My flight was unexpected nice, most of the crews made me feel they are nice. And I was allowed to have shots in Biz and First class after landing. (I know this is nothing special, but well, at least I can take a bit longer than without asked)

Photos? Hopes to share with you guys asap, since after 1 day of rest, busy work start again :(

By the way, you guys should have spotted also the OneWorld BA G-BNLI. Why not share, huh? hahaha

Great time to spot with you gangs, and the two Ah Baks - Kwek and KC.

Sneeze in SIN, nice. :clapping:

"Fai dit " (Quickly) share your SIN shots from a nice spot you took the SQ A380 :drinks:

Hoe Jyh, nice shot of AWC. We were hoping for her in KUL today too but she went to SIN for Sneeze. :pardon:

From my hotel room. :drinks:

Oh cool! The new airport hotel. Yet to try it for myself.

Some more shots to share during my stay in SIN:

x12405862402254090423-vt-jwn_1675.jpg

w1240589971595090424-9v-sga_2938.jpg

and during the taxiing I got this newly painted CX Cargo, originally Dragonair Cargo

j12407707024658090423-b-kae_1138a.jpg