MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Hahah. Nope! I was standing in the grass patch to your left. :rolleyes:

AH SO NEH! Spiky bouncy hair!

These pics above are taken from Changi Business Parc?

Yes indeed... You need a car to get there.

AH SO NEH! Spiky bouncy hair!

Yes indeed... You need a car to get there.

No chance of using public transport?

Is it possible to rent bikes near the airport?

Yes, it can be easily accessed by taking the MRT to Expo station (one stop from Changi Airport station), followed by a leisurely 10-15min walk to the spot. Not sure about bike rental facilities though.

Bike rental? What do you think we are? Phuket? LOL!!!!!! :pardon:

Seriously... Go and consult google map and you can familiarise yourself with the train station and where we were spotting.

CBP1.jpg

I have indicated there the EXPO train station is and the 2 spotting locations further east of it. Lemme know when will you be down perhaps I can drive you there.

9V-STA arrived in Singapore on 30 January at around 0515hrs . . . and on both 31Jan and 01Feb, it went on crew training flights at Johor Bahru Airport. here it is seen returning from one such training flight.

mw-9V-STA-2009-02-01-03Br-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Great 777 shot, Kwek jr., especially with these clouds as backdrop :pardon:

KC, any retro shots to share ? :huh:

Missed the arrival of 9V-STA from Kuala Lumpur today by just a bit. :angry:

Some pretty fantastic lighting conditions today:

IMG_0119.jpg

9V-SKB from London Heathrow as SQ 321.

IMG_0098.jpg

G-YMMI

Edited by BC Ng

KC. Thanx for the shot. Appreciate if u can shoot more 'Sir Tengku Azahan'. hehehe.

Oii Chaity......u there also aaaa???!! :p :P

And so the ownership of 9V-STA has been transfer to the Azahan Royal Flight. It is seen here being towed after being "re-painted" with the new titles.

mw-SirTenkuAzahan-01Cr.jpg

Sir Tengku Azahan : Please PM me with yr e-mail address and I shall send you a big image of this.

KC Sim

Here's my STA shots from 1st Feb.

Light wasn't at it's best in the afternoon..

SQ3011

IMG_6410A800.jpg

SQ3014

IMG_6468A800.jpg

And China Eastern decided to send its special stuff over.. :)

MU A346 B-6055

IMG_6452A800.jpg

Thanks guys. The sun could have come out to greet me more often. <_>

Azahan, your Azahan Royal Flight is too good to be missed. Soon, we will see your plane more often in KUL. :yahoo:

Bike rental? What do you think we are? Phuket? LOL!!!!!! :pardon:

Seriously... Go and consult google map and you can familiarise yourself with the train station and where we were spotting.

I have indicated there the EXPO train station is and the 2 spotting locations further east of it. Lemme know when will you be down perhaps I can drive you there.

Thanks a lot for your help with the map - that's great!

My friend and me are in SIN from February 16th to February 22th. Our hotel is the Changi village hotel. Actually I try to find out how to get to the spots from our hotel. Any internetsources of public transport and linemaps?

Cheers Jens

Hi Jens,

The 2 spotting locations mentioned by Ryan is located near Expo MRT Station (the MRT is our local metro system), one stop from Changi Airport MRT Station on the East-West Line (Green). However, since you'd be staying at Changi Village Hotel, which is nowhere near a station, you should try to take bus 29 from the bus stop outside the hotel and then transfer to Bus 12 at Tampines (pronounced Tam-pa-nese, not Tam-pines). Here is a link with detailed information about where to board, transfer and alight. http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/journeyplan/s...mp;hidEndType=s

A few things about public transport in SG...

http://www.singeo.com.sg/singeo/maps/busstopmap.html <- this is a google maps with all the bus stops in Singapore, also showing the next arrival time of all buses serving that particular bus stop.

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg <- this is the website of one of the bus operators here, their site includes a very useful 'plan my route' function

http://www.publictransport.sg/public/ptp/en.html <- this is the government website for public transport

You mentioned biking earlier, and yes, that is an option. In fact, I frequently inline skate (sometime cycle) along the East Coast and around the runway at Changi which allows me to see planes landing... Here is a google earth of the route...

post-3145-1233680526_thumb.jpg

Of course, Bicycle rentals are available at the East Coast Park and Pasir Ris Park and you can rent or return at either park so you dont have to cycle all the way back to return the bike. (The 2 green 'ticks' in the map) Your hotel is the green paw print. I suggest you start at East Coast Park, there, you can see planes descending from the south (sea), and as you move on to the Changi Park Connector, you will cycle beside one of the runways (so its a very straight path) and can see planes taking off and landing. As you head upwards to the end of the runway, the yellow box (Changi Beach Park) is a really good place to see planes landing (on the left runway), but I think its the wrong time of the year (could someone please confirm?) and from there on, you will head past your hotel and on to Pasir Ris (no spotting or anything there, its just nearer to get back to your hotel from there than to go all the way back to East Coast Park) where you can return your bike.

The blue line at the bottom is a possible detour you can take from the edge of East Coast Park to head to the spotting location mentioned by Ryan.

The journey will take about 2 hours (maybe more.. possibly much more depending on how fast you can cycle and how long you stop to take pictures) All the paths drawn in the map are for the purpose built tarred roads meant for cycling/running only called - 'Park Connectors' Rentals of bicycles range from $6-$12 an hour

Some photos taken recently:-

Singapore Airline's new A333 9V-STA returning from one of her many test flights

9V-STA_MW.jpg

Visit Malaysia 2007

9M-AFQ_MW.jpg

Getting into the festive spirit of things, TNT sent their 'kumquat' B744F instead of the usual ones with Emirates Cargo livery. :yahoo:

OO-THA_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

YEAH!!! Finally TNT sent its own livery . . . enough of the ones in EK Skycargo livery!

The more I look at the A330, the more I like it. Cannot imagine that I am saying this . . . having previous been quite sure an A333 - unlike an A332 - will not look good in SIA livery . . . I am glad I was wrong.

KC Sim