MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

A tour of North Korea is a novelty and perhaps the very very last opportunity anywhere in the world where you still feel the communistic reclusive atmosphere. And I can assure you that you will be very impressed by its cleanliness - due to its poverty, nobody wastes anything and don't dump rubbish anywhere - and beauty.

The food is good and there are many sights to take in. Just need to go in with an open mind and the intention to not be bothered about politics - just have a wish to experience a different environment.

KC Sim

Wow..Tupolev Tu-204 ! :clapping::clapping: The next Air Koryo flight frm Singapore to Pyongyang:24 September 2008. CLICK ME

Edited by MIR

After a long spell of inclement weather, we finally had a run of good weather and hopefull this continues for some time to come yet. With a friend from LAX - Michael Ing whom some of you have met about two years ago, it was an early start to take advantage of the sun. The day was slow, with very little traffic and the few that came in the morning were quite satisfying.

Cebu Pacific Air finally decided it was fine to land on 20R and Michael was over the moon with this landing.

mw-RP-C3244-2008-09-19-03Cr-APP.jpg

China Cargo's MD-11F B-2171 followed suit . . .

mw-B-2171-2008-09-19-03Cr-APP.jpg

and was followed by the "star" of the AirAsia fleet. How appropriate, with the F1 Grand Prix making its Singapore debut in a week's time.

mw-9M-AFW-2008-09-19-02Cr-GrandPrix.jpg

The afternoon's spotting got off to a good start - albeit with a huge surprise - when this Vietnam Airlines Airbus A330-200 arrived. It's movement was not noted on the teletext and I could only assume it is the same one that was in maintenance at SIAEC.

mw-VNA-370-2008-09-19-05Br-APS.jpg

What follows are a whole parade of regular subjects in good light . . . including the A320 of Jetstar Airways from Australia, SilkAir's newest A320 and Turkish A340 in Star Alliance livery - its second appearance in three days.

mw-9V-SFM-2008-09-19-01Cr-oc-APS.jpg

mw-B-2809-2008-09-19-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw-TC-JDL-2008-09-19-02Cr-StarAllia.jpg

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-09-19-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw-9V-SWD-2008-09-19-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw-VH-JQH-2008-09-19-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

and was followed by the "star" of the AirAsia fleet. How appropriate, with the F1 Grand Prix making its Singapore debut in a week's time.

mw-9M-AFW-2008-09-19-02Cr-GrandPrix.jpg

Nico Rosberg and fellow partner might be onboard :p Nice catch KC :clapping:

Yes it has indeed . . . and in a few hours, it will be crossing the equator and enter the Southern Hemisphere and head home to Sydney, Australia - the first airline in the Southern Hemisphere to receive an Airbus A380.

Although it was scheduled to arrive at 1910hrs - when it will be near impossible to get a decent shot, a punctual departure from Toulouse and perhaps with a push from tailwinds enroute, it arrived at 1845hrs. Waiting to welcome it were 15 photographers . . . and after the big bird (since this plane is named after Qantas' pioneer lady pilot Nancy Bird) landed, you could see 15 anxious photographers nervously reviewing their shots. And I swear there were enough smiles to cover the entire stretch of Changi Beach.

mw-VH-OQA-2008-09-20-01Ar-DeliveryF.jpg

We now await the delivery of the next two Qantas A380s and hope that they pass through SIN at an earlier timing . . . and eventually enter service on the SYD-SIN-LHR route on January 16, 2009.

Thanks to all who were on the beach for a great time . . .

KC Sim

I must say the QF livery looks pretty good on an A380.

Nice work there guys! :good:

Wish I was there...

Beaut shots of Nancy, guys.

Thought I would add a video of Nancy (VH-OQA) overflying the sea towards Changi Beach. This was taken before I started taking stills of her. Here it is

Edited by fablee

Thanks so much for sharing, guys !!! :drinks:

Whale looks awesome with the Kangaroo dress :pardon:

Raymond,

so lucky with the VN A330 !!! Although, I've been plenty of times in SGN now, NEVER ever saw one as yet (are they based at HAN ?)

Keep, those Changi shots, coming, guys !!! You made my day ... :yahoo:

Lovely shots, guys!!! Red and White blends really well... :good:

Love the blue on VN

Simon, u tipu..... [u lied] :lol:

A bit late here with some of my own to add on... :pardon:

VH-OQA on approach

VH-OQA_MW.jpg

A slightly different angle of the Air Koryo Tu-204-300. It looks shorter in real life!

P-632_front_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh