MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Something from yesterdays gloomy weather at changi...

1024bDSC_0943.jpg

Hi Guys,

Long time no post!

Went out to Changi this morning....weather was marginal but I was itchy for a photo shoot so thought "what the heck". As it was, only got 30 mins of sunshine, most of it the runway was closed....and so on and so on. So it forced me to do something different. Wanted to share the results with you. Hope you like 'em

Andrew

9vs_140908_sin_sunrise_800.jpg

9vsye_140908_sin_sunrise2_800.jpg

vtpp_140908_sin_sunrise2_800.jpg

vtpp_140908_sin_sunrise_800.jpg

A9-CEO a rare subject.

Bahrain is A9C now...

First time seeing the Golden Eagle A320 :clapping:

Check the Zurich-thread two months ago... :pardon:

Today - 18 September 2008 - must surely count as one of the most amazing and memorable day of photography for us in Singapore. Not only did the day dawn bright and clear, it was also a day when SIA's latest A380 (9V-SKF) was delivered . . . and as a result of a severely-delayed NRT-SIN A380 flight from the previous day, we ended up logging five A380s in one day (not counting the last one coming in from SYD after sundown).

First A380 arrival in the morning was the flight from London-Heathrow operated by 9V-SKA. This is now the oldest and the veteran A380 in SIA's fleet.

mw-A380-1-9VSKA.jpg

It was followed shortly by the newest member of SIA's A380 fleet (9V-SKF) arriving directly from Toulouse.

mw-A380-2-9VSKF.jpg

In the afternoon, two A30 flights from NRT arrived . . . 9V-SKC delayed from the previous day . . .

mw-A380-3-9VSKC.jpg

. . . and 9V-SKD operating the current day NRT-SIN flight.

mw-A380-4-9VSKD.jpg

And bringing up the rear just before sun-down is 9V-SKE from London-Heathrow.

mw-A380-5-9VSKE.jpg

So in essence, we logged during the daylight hours five out of seven delivered A380s in the world . . . not bad and probably an all-time record in percentage terms (71.4%).

Earlier in the day, the joy of our aviation spotting hobby came in the form of an Air Koyo TU-204. Although we were expecting it to arrive at 0550hrs, we were led to believe (thanks to the Teletext) that it would arrive at 0650hrs. Believing it would arrive a little late - in the best tradition of Russian planes - and perhaps allow us to catch it just after sunrise, we were disappointed to discover at 0500hrs that it had landed at 0332hrs!!! After shooting the A380 delivery flight (9V-SKF), we though we might as well grab a cab and gun for runway 20C to catch the TU-204 on departure. We were in luck as we saw it pointing East on the Northern apron when we came round the corner onto the Changi Coast Road. We stopped where we though we have the best chance to catch it .. . and luck was on our side. An RSAF KC-135 came along - allowing us to get a "feel" for the size and take-off path that we hoped the TU-204 would take. And when finally the TU-204 came, it was exactly that. Here's a trio of shots . . . we absolutely feel that this is one of those aviation moments that will be remembered for a very very very long time.

mw-P-632-2008-09-18-01Cr-TOP.jpg

mw-P-632-2008-09-18-03Cr-TOP.jpg

mw-P-632-2008-09-18-05Cr-TOP.jpg

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Very very very rare shots of P-632 !!! :drinks:

Thanks a lot for sharing :good:

Finally, the North Korean bird is here. Where was it parked?

And A380 galore in Changi nowadays.

Many thanks for sharing KC! :drinks:

Firstly, it is Air Koryo and not Air Koyo (typo-error on my part). Flight JS651/JS652 was parked at bay 302 and because of this position, it was difficult for us to second-guess the departure runway. Thankfully, someone in ATC sent it our way to runway 20C.

The TU-204 seems a lot smaller than I had imagine it would be . . . and I particularly liked the way the cheatline broadened as it approaches the cockpit windows. The overall shape of this aircraft givexs me the impression that it resembles the older Convair 880 (albeit with not so advanced looking winglets).

Nevertheless, a very interesting shape and airline to see at Changi Airport. I hope that some day down the road, Air Koryo operates regularly here.

KC Sim

Singapore Air Receives Sixth Airbus A380

September 18, 2008

Singapore Airlines, the world's biggest carrier by stock market value, said on Thursday it has received its sixth A380 superjumbo from planemaker Airbus.

Singapore Air said it will put the latest A380, the world's largest passenger jet, on a second daily flight between Singapore and London.

Airbus had said on Monday it is sticking to its target of delivering 12 of its A380 superjumbo aircraft by the end of the year, after a French newspaper reported the model was facing further delays.

(Reuters)

Excellent catches!!

For what reason was Air Koryo in SIN? Chartered flight?

There are some tour agencies running tours to North Korea these few weeks and that is why JS is here doing the flights. No better way to start your experience really than doing it here in Singapore! I hope there is an a.netter or MW-er on board to document a trip report. What a gem that would be!