MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Actually it is the BKK-JFK route which had been axed due to losses sustained by the lack of premium passengers, although their flights are often more than 80% full. If I'm not wrong the BKK-LAX route will also have its frequency cut.

Well it sure has been an interesting 3+yrs when the A345s with Thai...the most memorable occasion for me was that I got my first glimpse of how awesome the new livery looked when HS-TLA popped in for her first flight to SIN in preparation for the launch of the JFK service.

1/8/08

Hey! little bird

TG403 ops by A345 tdy.

PS Watch out for those engines (all four of them)

Edited by fablee

02/8/08

While spotting today, I noticed that runway 20R was closed to landing traffic from around 4.45pm-5.15pm. To me, this was unusual as 20R would normally be open for landings during this period.

I would appreciate it if you could share the other timings today that runway 20R was closed to landing traffic (that you observed during your spotting today) Thanks a zillion.

2/8/08

GREEN.jpg

Saw this green jet tdy. Pardon the IQ but this was a drastic crop shot from VM. Does anyone know who owns this jet? Thank you.

2/8/08

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/fablee/GREEN.jpg

Saw this green jet tdy. Pardon the IQ but this was a drastic crop shot from VM. Does anyone know who owns this jet? Thank you.

You mean this one ? :huh: :pardon:

D-ACBG-AMS21apr08.jpg

It's a Embraer Legacy, registered D-ACBG....don't know the operator though :sorry:

Live from T1

BA11 From LHR B747-436 G-BNLC and QF77 from PER A330-322 VH-QPF Racing to park at C15 and C16 respectively. Taxiied in back to back.

BA_QF_Racetopark.jpg

Australia/British Invasion at WSSS. G-BNLC, VH-QPF, G-YMMJ (B777-236/ER), An unidentified BA 744 and a JetStar Asia A320 9V-JSA in one shot.

BA_QF1.jpg

More to come.

ANA Star Alliance B767-381/ER JA614A on turnaround at D35. Do excuse the crane in the corner and it's associated hook on top of the shot - it's not wanting to touch the 767 of course :)

ANA_StarAlliance767.jpg

Edited by Sandeep G

Another shot of JA614A ANA Star Alliance, this time without all the service vehicles in the way. Note in the background the horridly green Embraer Legacy mentioned a few posts ago, still parked at the NC Remote apron.

JA614A.jpg

Garrrruda (Roll the "R") Indo-knee-see-uh 737-4MO PK-GZH. Was intrigued by the -4M0 and discovered that this birdie allong with most the other PK-GZ* registry are former Aeroflot birds. Seen here taxiing to her allocated bay D32 and with special Indonesia sticker - far more attractive than MAS' "Visit Malaysia Year". Note also the UPS MD-11F at the CIAS Cargo apron and also the new SIAEC hangar under construction - not sure what number hanger though.. I think it's Hangar 7... don't quote me on that. There was another MD-11F from UPS as well as a new livery Asiana 744F however, was no good vantage to get good shots... T1 is really the last place for nice shots like this... and it will soon go.

PK-GZH.jpg

Another 767 from Japan, this a type -346/ER and with JAL, JA611J. Taxiing along NC for her bay. Off to Kuala Lumpur as JA721 next.

JA611J.jpg

Emirates is also a very common sight at Changi, and the example today is A6-EBD, a 777-3IH/ER. Kianhong has an exceptional water shot of this baby in YPPH on airliners.net and probably in the "Most Isolated City in the World" thread dedicated to movements at Perth.

A6-EBD.jpg

And not to forget that JetStar bird that was not so visible in the earlier picture - 9V-JSA, A320-232 - back at SIN for a quick turnaround to maximise utilisation and profitability for the company.

9V-JSA.jpg

That's all for now. Thanks for all the comments. Fablee and Singapore spotters alike, expect more of me the next few weekends with regard to spotting. I did the Singapore thing and "studied" in Changi today :) hahahaha it's quite cool for aerophiliacs like ourselves :)

Edited by Sandeep G

That's all for now. Thanks for all the comments. Fablee and Singapore spotters alike, expect more of me the next few weekends with regard to spotting. I did the Singapore thing and "studied" in Changi today :) hahahaha it's quite cool for aerophiliacs like ourselves :)

You must be on holiday. Ensure you do the other Singapore things- eat and shop beginning with T1 Canteen.

You must be on holiday. Ensure you do the other Singapore things- eat and shop beginning with T1 Canteen.

hehehe, yes and no :) dei, T3 foodcourt is pretty good too.

Emirates is also a very common sight at Changi, and the example today is A6-EBD, a 777-3IH/ER. Kianhong has an exceptional water shot of this baby in YPPH on airliners.net and probably in the "Most Isolated City in the World" thread dedicated to movements at Perth.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/SGodrei/A6-EBD.jpg

Haha... I remembered this bird, kicked up loads of water when she landed! No more B77W for YPPH at the moment, we have A345 instead.

OT : Start doing 'sai kang' work at T1 already? When's your LJ45 course start?

OT : Start doing 'sai kang' work at T1 already? When's your LJ45 course start?

Sai Kang is at SFC WSSL, but on hold at the moment - right now midway through conversion - exam next Thurs (14/08) cilaaaakkaaa. cannot take long weekend break to Malaysia this weekend... cilaaakkaaaa 3K got return airfare of SGD135 also.. cilaaakkaaaa

Nice photos..& WOW 3 BA planes in changi.WOW

I wonder if the all white 777 plane still parking there? Suppose to be RBA plane.

Nice photos..& WOW 3 BA planes in changi.WOW

I wonder if the all white 777 plane still parking there? Suppose to be RBA plane.

yes she was at the engine runup bay this morning.

yes she was at the engine runup bay this morning.

Could that be the 'new' one for SLM ? :huh:

For the past two days, a burning oil depot in Johor is sending up a plume of black smoke into the air to the starboard side of the flight path into runway 20R at Changi. Scarily enough, the fire from this burning depot is visible from the observation deck of Terminal 1 . . . this causes quite a few visitors to voice concern. It looked so close and many thought it was a ship burning in the channel of water between Changi Beach and Pulau Ubin.

mw-BurningOilDepot-Johor-2008-08-19.jpg

KC Sim

Wow KC, it looks to me that a plane had crashed nearby!!! :blink:

For the past two days,

The fire was put out immediately?

TG414 was operated by a B747-400 HS-TGL in old colours today, probably needed to pick up the passengers from the cancelled flight earlier on (TG403/404). Had not seen them at SIN for a very long time!

HS-TGL_MW.jpg

Something different from the usual approach shots...Shenzhen new colours B738 B-5073 from the T1 viewing mall.

B-5073_MW.jpg