MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Thanks guys. Glad to know that you like the shots. Here are some more to share on a boring Saturday afternoon lazing at home.

The most stressful part of a flight. Engines working hard. Pilot also concentrating hard to maintain centreline, rotate correctly and prepare for the eventuality of an engine failure.

mw210hx1.jpg

And a few seconds later, this is the view. Love the shiny reflection on the wings. About time for a paint job to upgrade to revised livery. Regional workhorse really working hard until the paint is scrapping off from its body. Or the cleaners scrub too hard during bath time??....

mw200pe1.jpg

These guys in the cockpit are really hardworking. They fly in and out many sectors a day. But they do go rewarded well as my compatriots of same rank, they earn more Singapore dollars than I do. This is dedicated to all the three female co-pilots in Silkair that were doing our ab-initio training in Perth. And congratulations on your third gold bar recently.

mw250pr7.jpg

Still a couple of numbers away. Arghh........my wait for the Panda continues. I only hope that Panda will not suffer the same fate as Heliconia aka Spiderman (MRD).

mw270bi1.jpg

This one is for all the Aussie blokes out there. Gibby, I just had my Perth taken away from my roster. Supposed to be there end of this month. In return to give me a MAA turnaround at midnight. My rostering department do loves me a lot. :finger:

mw260vv3.jpg

And when my Nikon is in the hangar serving its C check, the weather in Singapore is decidingly super fine with great sunlight. My a## luck really. Hope to see some contribution from Singapore based guys over here. Cheers and have a nice weekend. :drinks:

Inspite of patchy weather, many of us managed to get some interesting subjects . . . but anxiously await the opportunity to capture some of these in better light.

As usual, I could not ignore the A380 and probably will keep photographing them for a long time yet. This one - thanks to a cloud in the background - looks like a water-bomber.

mw1-9V-SKD-2008-06-30-02Cr-APS.jpg

Previously a vampire flight, Cebu Pacific has added a daily morning flight from Manila.

mw1-RP-C3245-2008-07-06-01Ct-CebuPa.jpg

Jett8 Airlines Cargo recently wet-leased a Jade Airlines B747-400ERF for a year to operate on flights to Bangalore, Amsterdam, Malmo and Hong Kong. This is my first sighting of it . . . sadly, only one half is lit but barely enough to see the Jett8 logo on the fuselage.

mw1-B-2423-2008-07-06-01Cr-Jade-Jet.jpg

Jet Airways seems to have downsized its equipment on one of its flight to Singapore to B737-800 . . . not a bad thing since we now could pursue the B738s in new colours.

mw1-VT-JBF-2008-07-13-01Cr-nc-APS.jpg

This morning, Qantas' Wunala Dreaming arrived as QF32, the second time in less than a week that it has visited Singapore. While the light was superb earlier on, it dimmed somewhat when Wunala arrived. Then again . . . we were happy to see her anyway.

mw1-VH-OEJ-2008-07-13-06Cr-WunalaDr.jpg

A recent addition to the list of airlines operating to Singapore is TNT Airways . . . its B747-400ERF OO-THA arrived this evening and was greeted by a rainbow.

mw1-OO-THA-2008-07-13-02Cr-rainbow-.jpg

When the sky is beautifully decorated with puffy white clouds, it seems the perfect setting for KLM - for her planes are painted in the colours of the sky.

mw1-PH-BQL-2008-07-13-02Cr-APS.jpg

And for the second time this week, SIN is visited by this B737-300 from Sands Resorts. Its sister-ship - B767-300ER N804MS - was also in SIN last week.

mw1-N788LS-2008-07-13-03Cr-APS.jpg

Cargolux sends her plain Jane B744F to Singapore regularly . . . an albino except for the Cargolux logo on the winglets and a small "Operated by Silk Way Airlines" sticker.

mw1-LX-PCV-2008-07-13-02Cr-AllWhite.jpg

Another arrival that was greeted by the rainbow this evening was a Singapore Airlines B772.

mw1-Rainbow-2008-07-13-01Vr-SIA-B77.jpg

KC Sim

Thanks to all for your very enthusiastic responses . . . let us know what you would like to see from Changi and we will try our best to post them here. Not that we will always succeed (given that some of us do have rotten luck with specific subjects) but we could at least try.

Simon and all planning on a one-day spotting trip : You may wish to compile a list of planes you would like to capture and other than those which come everyday, we could let you know which days the rarer ones operate. Just as an example, one of the best day to capture the Jade/Jett8 B744ERF is Wednesday morning when it returns from Hong Kong at around 0950hrs. Tuesdays are good in the morning around 0750hrs for the Air Seychelles B763ER which has just returned after a short suspension of service.

Meanwhile, here's the catch from today . . . freshly-plucked from the sky a couple of hours ago.

What Andrew and I lovingly christen "Jade8" . . . B-2423 returning from Hong Kong.

mw1-B-2423-2008-07-16-05Cr-Jett8-AP.jpg

A pair of yellow canaries followed shortly thereafter . . . one each from Cebu Pacific and Royal Brunei. Somehow I have a special love for airplanes with yellow markings - Air Hong Kong, Condor, DHL among them.

mw1-RP-C3246-2008-07-16-01Cr-APP.jpg

mw1-V8-RBR-2008-07-16-03Cr-BI-A319-.jpg

Also got this Thai AirAsia B733 with the new title.

mw1-HS-AAV-2008-07-16-04Cr-nc-APP.jpg

KC Sim

Simon and all planning on a one-day spotting trip : You may wish to compile a list of planes you would like to capture and other than those which come everyday, we could let you know which days the rarer ones operate. Just as an example, one of the best day to capture the Jade/Jett8 B744ERF is Wednesday morning when it returns from Hong Kong at around 0950hrs. Tuesdays are good in the morning around 0750hrs for the Air Seychelles B763ER which has just returned after a short suspension of service.

KC Sim

Thanks for the infos KC. I think the best day for the one-day trip is on Sunday :p but need to get my passport done first :lol:

Thanks to all for your very enthusiastic responses . . . let us know what you would like to see from Changi and we will try our best to post them here. Not that we will always succeed (given that some of us do have rotten luck with specific subjects) but we could at least try.

How about a BR 763 shot taken on 12/12/99?

Beautiful Jade8, KC and thanks for sharing spotting timings.

Since the return of Lufthansa's Munich flight, we have been waiting for a delay . . . it has finally happened. This morning it (LH's A340-300 D-AIFD) arrived at 0811hrs and while the sun was not great, it was adequate. Someday when a delay coincides with better weather, we will post a better shot.

mw1-D-AIFD-2008-07-18-01Cr-APP.jpg

And for me, I have waited very long for this peacock to come to SIN and it finally did this morning. Talk about shooting two birds with one stone (or camera).

mw1-VT-AXT-200807-18-02Cr-Peacock-A.jpg

KC Sim

Wonderful- and interesting traffic @ Changi: miss the airport already ;)

Weather has been generally very good while I'm back in SIN and I did some spotting at Changi. A nice break from flying kangaroos, stars and virgins.

Absolute Quality

_X1G9263.jpg

Valuair 9V-JSB starting to shed it's values for stardom.

_X1G9297.jpg