MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Magnificent :clapping: ramp shots, KC. Glad to see you back on mw and in style too. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by fablee

Wow, ramp shots!

All fabulous :clapping:

Thanks for sharing KC

especially the very elusive SGD

KC, your shots are soooo KAY See (Stylish, Elegant) from the ramp.. Spotting at these angles is like shooting planes in paradise.. wow.. superb shots at its best.. U have sun, U have ramp, U have big shinning clean planes, U have it all.. excellent :yahoo:

FuuuuuHhhhHHH~!!! Superb Pics Great Angle. :good::good:

Awesome shots KC! :clapping:

That AI A332 now operates the AI442/443 flight from/to BOM. It earlier used to operate the BOM-MAA-SIN flight for IC after the A300s were phased out.

- Vivek

Just dig out some shots that was taken on 25 Feb 2008, hope you all don't mind me to post the photos which were few months old....

B-HLC

1024xP2251582.jpg

1024xP2251591.jpg

Air China B-2560

1024xP2251584.jpg

Air Hong Kong

1024xP2251589.jpg

Garuda PK-GGQ

1024xP2251588.jpg

1024xP2251619.jpg

Adam Air PK-KKU

1024xP2251615.jpg

:)

Edited by LeeTZ

1024xP2251615.jpg

Too bad Adam Air already ceased its operation..I really like their livery BTW.

Thanks for sharing your photos LeeTZ :drinks:

Singapore thread has been very quiet lately. Even dropped to page two. So let me help it push back to page one. Here are a few backdated shots taken in April this year when Runway 02L/02C was still in used.

From the morning session along coastal road.

A breathtaking scenery, color and plane in front of me. Too bad that 20C now doesn't provide too much good photograph opportunity like this due to a localizer housing facility and the ever dreaded No Entry Sign. And oh yes, weather is a bit like oil price over here these days, especially in the mornings. Volatile.

mw200ns2.jpg

Have been hunting this guy for a good shot for a couple of weeks before I managed a good shot in reasonable lighting. Lovely A300-600F. Always a fan of Airbus nose, A380 exempted. Could be PEN or HKG bound but its terribly light to have reached this height at point of shutter release.

mw220ez1.jpg

From the afternoon-evening session.

The best thing about spotting in Singapore is not only you get to see a lot of SIA aeroplanes, but a whole lot of other traffic from other international airlines. So this works well for Simon if he does indeed come over for a spotting session. Here is the first shot of a SIA B744 SPI coming in for landing 02L. SPI means Singapore Performance Index. Since I came here, I have learnt that everyone's job performance, salary increment, promotion and bonuses is measured by this term.

mw240qt2.jpg

We in Singapore will still get to see this beast for quite sometime since JAL has no plans to replace this beast with an A3UGLY. Which suits me fine since it is so photogenic.

mw210el0.jpg

The least colorful of the Indian arrivals. Somehow I noticed that Jet Airways do send in their B737NG fleet here in the morning. From far, it does looks like an SQ plane. Hmm, perhaps a preview of what it looks like in SQ colors comes end of this year. This one looks better with a PW engine combination. The RR looks awful with a long engine cowling.

mw250vb4.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed it. Will edit more later as camera is in C check and I am at home with nothing to do.

The least colorful of the Indian arrivals. Somehow I noticed that Jet Airways do send in their B737NG fleet here in the morning. From far, it does looks like an SQ plane. Hmm, perhaps a preview of what it looks like in SQ colors comes end of this year. This one looks better with a PW engine combination. The RR looks awful with a long engine cowling.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/562/mw250vb4.jpg

Nice shots! Agreed about the part about the RR Trents, however the sole remaining example in old colours with super small font is quite a classic to catch :D The engine for this bird is a GE engine, not a PW. The difference is that GE engines for the A330s have 3 sections ending with a sharp tail cone while the PW engines only have 2 sections without a tail cone.

Hope you guys enjoyed it. Will edit more later as camera is in C check and I am at home with nothing to do.

What happen to your darkside Lee?

Leech, nice set of photos especially Air Hong Kong with 2 Tigers in the background. :drinks:

Yeap, can't help but to ask what happen to your DSLR ?

What happen to your darkside Lee?

Yeap, can't help but to ask what happen to your DSLR ?

Hot pixels. Quite a few. Fragmentation required and will take 7 working days. Sigh. Will miss my Darkside during my week long MXP-BCN trip tomorrow night.

Hoe Jyh,

Thanks for your clarification. Anything does for SQ engines as long as it is a non RR for the 330s. Too bad, I know it is going to happen anyway.