MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

I gather wheelchair passengers may be accepted only if they can ascend the stairs and walk to their seat. For priority boarding, I guess they will have to pay for it. Interestingly, I can find nothing on the AirAsia website explaining this wheelchair emblem . . .

Can anyone help me with the background to this issue - I believe there was a case of a wheelchair being denied boarding and AirAsia subsequently came out to confirm that this category of passengers is accepted if they fulfill certain criteria.

KC Sim

KC, the whole thing is started with this protest on last year : http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

As for the info on the current Ambulift service, here's some the details : http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_...s.php?id=326341

I hope these info is useful for you.

On Tuesday (22/4/08), got some time to kill, so went to spotting in Changi despite cloudy day.

ANA sent in Star Alliance c/s

DSC_0354_JA614A_mw.jpg

Orient Thai Cargo in the cargo area. Registration HS-ORA

DSC_0390_HS-ORA.jpg

Taken on 22/4/08

DSC_0457_mw.jpg

Mandala Air A320 at the remote bay.

Taken on 24/4/2008

DSC_0714_HS-PGY_mw.jpg

Bangkok Airways A319 HS-PGY at gate D32.

If not mistaken, this plane is brand new recently delivered.

Some specials from yesterday (25/4, Friday) spotting.

DSC_1142_TC-JDL_mw.jpg

Turkish Airlines sent in the star alliance c/s A343, TC-JDL

DSC_0959_PK-GEF_mw.jpg

Garuda sent in B738 PK-GEF, parked at gate D30. Lion Air sent in B739 PK-LFH, parked at gate D32.

DSC_1028_PK-LFF_mw.jpg

2nd Lion Air flight yesterday, PK-LFF in Dreamliner livery. Seen here on taxiing to runway 20R for departure back to Jakarta after arriving from Ho Chi Minh.

Awesome shots there, Mr. Nguyen :drinks:

Night shot of Bangkok Air fantastic: good to see no window reflection :good:

Yesterday afternoon while going to work on KUL shuttle I saw ABC Antonov landing 20R. Wonder anyone caught that and if it has left SIN today.

Coming back from a super Saturday at KLIA . . . I could not resist the sunny weather on Sunday morning and went out shooting with Andrew. Got a few interesting shots . . .

Qantas' morning flight to Perth is currently being operated by a B747-338 . . . brings back a fair bit of nostalgia for the older specimens among us.

mw-VH-EBX-2008-04-27-02Cr-oc-TOS.jpg

I could never ignore the B722F of Megantara Air . . . this one all cleaned up and climbing after taking off from runway 02C.

mw-PK-TMA-2008-04-27-01Cr-TOS.jpg

Most of Garuda's B737 fleet now carry the Indonesia 2008 sticker . . . one of many such sightings in one day. Wish Garuda has a more diversified fleet.

mw-PK-GGQ-2008-04-27-02Cr-VIY2008-T.jpg

Very smart looking UPS MD-11F departing to Mumbai . . . one of three UPS MD11Fs to be seen at Changi each morning.

mw-N278UP-2008-04-27-01Cr-TOS.jpg

Korean Air Cargo's B747-400 converted freighter is seen here rotating quite early for its flight back to Seoul - Incheon.

mw-HL7412-2008-04-27-03Br-TOS.jpg

Back from London . . . 9V-SKC applies reverse thrust on the roll-out after landing.

mw-9V-SKC-2008-04-27-01Cr-LDS.jpg

It will not be long before all five A340-500s of SIA are repainted in the new colours and reconfigured into all-Business Class "bizjets". Until then, it continues to make the short trip to Jakarta.

mw-9V-SGA-2008-04-27-01Cr-TOS.jpg

Monday afternoon was yet another beautiful afternoon . . . and as the blue skies beckon, I found myself at Changi Beach to catch some 20R arrivals. Jet Airways' A330-200 just look too good to pass off.

mw-VT-JWG-2008-04-28-02Cr-APS.jpg

Another Indian beauty is Air India's A310-300 in new colours.

mw-VT-EJJ-2008-04-28-05Cr-APS.jpg

Gibby-Land sent in one of their biz-jets . . . VH-PPD in a lovely livery.

mw-VH-PPD-2008-04-28-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

KC, gambar "manyak" cantik. (Beautiful shots) :pardon:

That B727F and MD11F are my favourite shots. :clapping: :drinks:

Couple from this morning... lousy wx though.

SQ377 BARCELONA 9V-SWN

9vswn-1may.jpg

SQ317 LONDON 9V-SKC

9vskc-1may.jpg

(I had the honour of being in the presence of 9V-SKC's namesake today too!)

Edited by tsentsan