MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Wow, why they get the second while others still need to wait a long queue?? I thought QF is the next one?? Good also, because sure enough they'll have either SKA/SKB put on static during Singapore Airshow yaaaayyyy.... :drinks: :yahoo:

Good Morning Malaysia!! :D

Greetings from across the Causeway. Lovely morning sun today. And they say the early bird catches the early worm. Let's see what worms in the can do we have here in Singapore this lovely morning.

First out on sun breaking out. Singapore 422, cleared for takeoff Runway 02C, climb 3000 feet. My fellow colleagues having to work hard so early in the morning for the run to Bombay. Indian continent, Terminal 2 departures. Great as ever.

mw10cs6.jpg

Orange belly. With JET star wordings. I am still waiting to nail this fellow inflight on the airways between PK NDB and VKB VOR. Regular to Bangkok. Saw it last year in RVSM flight but I did not bring my camera. Look at the sun reflecting off the fuselage. Lovely light.

mw20nj0.jpg

More to come later. Will see if I can nail A380 today for its arrival from Sydney. Stay tuned.

As promised, here is the rest of the worms in the can for a great Sunday morning.

Sneeze, for you. B-HLE, nightstopper on its way back to Chep Lap Kok. Who says Airbus are not climbers? Wheel area check. No stowaway Captain. All clear.

mw40xw2.jpg

Annual line check flight for Captain and Co-pilot. SQ 952 headed off to Jakarta and will be back before lunch time. Quite a bit of derate as rotation was rather late. Angle of attack is now 12.5 degrees and airspeed is between V2+15 to V2 +25. Gears UP!!

mw30tq6.jpg

SQ 622 departing for Kansai, Osaka. Non-stop and flight time is about six hours. Favourite sector for us on the triple seven fleet as we get two nights stay in Osaka. And both ways direct without a stop in Bangkok. Looks like breaking the speed of sound, but it is not. Just some condesation in the humid morning air.

mw70bi5.jpg

JAL B773ER. I am taking on of this type for my holiday to Hokkaido next month. Tried to be adventurous and captured this. Pretty nice to have some background in the shot rather then just blue skies.

mw50mv6.jpg

Whilst still at it, got this Indian bus. Definitely more expensive to own than the world's cheapest car produced by Tata. Makes me wonder if Tata is going to build the world's cheapest airliner.

mw80jg5.jpg

And my catch of the day. Yes my name on the Rego. Airliner Lee C H. And what an aircraft it turn to be. Love the three holers. Love the great sunshine. Love the long engine tailpipe. Love the huge cockpit windows.

mw90gx4.jpg

Was supposed to be trying to nail the A380. But weather was not that great and later in the noon, there was a huge washout in Singapore. Was pretty adverse weather and I believe a lot of aircraft are holding out there or diverted to KUL around 1530LT to 1730LT.

Till next week again. See you around and hope you enjoy the shots. Time to hit the books. My bi-annually base check on Wednesday.

Time to hit the books. My bi-annually base check on Wednesday.

Good luck my friend. Just finished mine tonight....

Very nice pix Andrew and LeeCH! Now its my turn to share some pix hehe...

Starting off with some noses:-

Hmm..Changi Airport or Moscow-DME? Yupz, Transaero now upgraded to a B747 on their route to Bali via Singapore with a load of Russians escaping the cold.

VP-BQH_nose_MW.jpg

The Boeing 'Dreamliner' livery remains one of my favourite liveries. PK-LFG wears it beautifully, especially the nose section with the model number proudly displayed below the cockpit windows.

PK-LFG_nose_MW.jpg

In conjunction with the Visit Indonesia 2008 campaign both Garuda Indonesia and Lion Air have this sticker on some of their aircraft. Here PK-LFL has the sticker in black and white version with a slight grammatical error (on a line of near microscopic words). Garuda has the coloured version of the sticker, but Lion afterall is budget mahz... :rofl:

PK-LFL_MW.jpg

A real surprise yesterday as Transaero sent in a B744! The blue underbelly looks a bit weird near the rear...but its still a B744 instead of the usual classic :) Nice to see the tail logo being reproduced on the winglets too!

VP-BVR_MW.jpg

Thai sends in their A346 regularly this month on TG413/414 from BKK during and/or near weekends. However, today's flight mysteriously shrunk in size as Phitsanulok HS-TLC showed up instead. Not that I mind though definitely...it has been ages since TG's A345 graced Changi :lol:

HS-TLC_MW.jpg

Of course, the smaller traffic must not be forgotten as this Bombardier Global Express (in manufacturer's colour scheme) makes it way onto 02L after a long flight from Vienna and continuing on to its final destination Perth following a short rest at Changi.

N234GX_MW.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pix and have a great week ahead!

Thanks for sharing, everyone! :good: As usual superb traffic from WSSS.

JAL B773ER. I am taking on of this type for my holiday to Hokkaido next month. Tried to be adventurous and captured this. Pretty nice to have some background in the shot rather then just blue skies.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1599/mw50mv6.jpg

Isn't this a B772ER? :huh:

[quote

This one is dedicated to you know who of this forum. PAPA AZAHAN. Lovely. Same like previous shot. Almost no cropping required. Narita bound as SQ12. Plenty of 'Kawaii' Japanese stewardesses on board. :wub: :air_kiss: :angel: Colin, is it you ah? Five Gold Bar Captain Azahan rotating this Papa Azahan.

mw18tg6.jpg

No leh....Leech I wish I can go eat Jipun Sushi !!! Long time never kanna roster for Tokyo-LA. Been doing all the hard work to go Europe in this winter. Siong man !! Deicing procedure too !!

Leech: Time to get the D300 liao lah, just got yr bonus right? :drinks: ...U seen Capt Eddie's shots ?? Power pack !!

Sell me your D200 cheap cheap lah !! Heee Heee.

Colin

Understand from a.net post that Transaero had a 737 and 2 747s damaged in truck accident in Moscow.. perhaps thats why the -400 was sent.

Fablee,

Nice shot of VERY colourful 737 !!! :good:

Do I see a Flying (= resting) Dutchman in the rear ? :blink:

Wow, a narrow body Qantas. Where did she come from? Darwin??

Thanks, Pieter for the compliment.

Walter, she was operating QF75 from Denpasar and Perth.

Third consecutive Sunday morning spotting for me. So far so good for 2008. Keeping up with my spotting resolution. However no chance spotting next week as I will be away to Old Trafford to watch MU vs Spurs live. Hehehe... Shots taken together with Andrew in Singapore this peaceful morning. Enjoy.....

Gold Cat. Never knew the Bengalis Tigers go hunting in the morning......

mw10qy0.jpg

And regional birds starts early too.........

mw20fj8.jpg

Have not visited their homebase for almost two years at ZGGG. Not that it is great as it will be a long day of 12 working hours.

mw30tg7.jpg

Hang on there you guys in KLIA. Coming real soon to your Obs Hill and WX Station.

mw50ff7.jpg

And surprise of the day. Yao Ming playing basketball in front. Lin Dan playing badminton behind. Not a very welcome guest in the eyes os SQ management after the China Eastern deal fell through......but welcome for me at least.

mw60xf4.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be my turn on this babe. Auckland Auckland here I come. It's too long since I last worked (not counting base check of course). 8 days and I am so itchy all over......HELP HELP....

mw40hv7.jpg

Last week they sent JA701J. This week they sent JA702J. Next week JA703J maybe? I wouldn't know..... My favourite color if I have to choose an airline with white fuselage.

mw70wq0.jpg

WOW!! CF and not CH anymore. Must be a lot of CF cards on board too. This guy rotated very very late. Non stop to Frankfurt?

mw90ao6.jpg

Last shot with Andrew. Thereafter, the Singapore 'BEREDAR' version came along. And I pissed off to another spot. Megan making a lot of noise in town. BZzzzzz..........

mw80qs1.jpg

See if I am still strong enough to go 02L spotting later. Will share more pics on Wed/Thu when I get back from AKL. Meanwhile keep Singapore clean and safe. Cheers guys. LeeCH loves you all!! :wub: :air_kiss: Always remember, Malaysia BOLEH, Singapore OK!!

Wah LeeCH, you suddenly become so brave ah..... hehehe

Nice catch of the China Olympic baby Boeing!

!!! LeeCH take pics from Old Trafford LOL. How did you manage to get the ticket by the way?

OT, I called my hotel conceirge to book tickets for me. Will try to get some match day photos.

Wah LeeCH, you suddenly become so brave ah..... hehehe

Nice catch of the China Olympic baby Boeing!

Was just talking about you this morning. How come you so busy and quiet lately? We miss your car park style lah..... Brave? No lah...I want to justify a new purchase.....so have to click click click....to spoil the shutter quickly.

I just want to ensure this guys carefully send my parcel out. Has been eyeing this one for a long long time

mw11ut3.jpg

Welcome to Singapore ladies and gentlemen. The tempreature outside now is 31 degree Celcius. And the heat haze is screwing all my photos. Thank you thank you Mr. Sunshine. Sometimes we love you. Sometimes we hate you.

mw12dw5.jpg

Sorry guys, last two photos here and the rest of the photos from these new spot after BEREDAR is useless. All heat haze. Severe type. Have a nice week ahead.