MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Hi Tsen Tsan,

Yes was on the pavillion / hill. But had to move further south as there was a big cloud blocking the sun.... :angry:

Where were you?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I stayed at the round about place until that stupid cloud came and blocked the sun off, then I moved towards central of the park, the next traffic light where there's also a small hill to overcome the trees. Managed to shoot the NH 767, 9W A332 and EK 77W. Left once the 77W came in.

Cheers

Tsentsan

Fuyoh,

Haven't been spotting outside SIN terminal since last year 2006!!! <_>

Maybe i come early for SIN Aero Exhibition.

Thanks for updating SIN Andrew.

ooh yes. i avoid at all cost of such Towering Cumulus :fool:

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year and looking forward to a great 2008!

To usher in the New Year, some pics from a recent landing sequence which I think that you would enjoy.

On 30th December, the family returned from Hanoi. Our expected arrival time was 1737. However, 30 minutes before landing, the captain informed us that there was a huge thunderstorm over Changi and we would be unable to land, and therefore had to go into a holding pattern. We finally landed at 1820 hours, and from what I know KUL got some interesting diverts.....

Just established for 02L with the tail end of the storm moving away

9vsrq_sin_301207_wingstorm_2_800.jpg

Another nice shot :D

9vsrq_sin_301207_wingstorm_landscap.jpg

Landing on 02L with lots of water being kicked up....and a soaked airfield!

9vsrq_sin_301207_landing_2_800.jpg

Turning off the runway....nice subjects and a really dramatic cloudbase

9vsrq_sin_301207_landing_turnoff2_8.jpg

Enjoy! Next installment will be pics from Hanoi!

Andrew

Happy 2008 New Year to you Andrew. :drinks:

Those scenes and clouds sure good to look at and photograph but not so good to stay there for long. :blink:

Wow tsentsan, Thai's 346!! Hopefully they send into KUL as well during CNY (like 2 years ago) ...

Some really nice and dramatic pictures, Andrew, especially the CX T7 and the landing shots at Changi :drinks:

So, you were also in Viet Nam the end of December ? :huh:

Hi Pieter,

Yes went to Hanoi for a short break.......museum pics to follow later :clapping:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/and...n_btr_2_800.jpg

Andrew

Yes, heard museum collection in HAN is far superior than SGN: should go there soon ;)

Regarding the A330's: wou can enjoy more in the future as per this message :pardon: :

Jet Airways Buys Five More A330-200s

December 11, 2007

India's Jet Airways said on Tuesday it had exercised an option to buy five additional Airbus A330-200 aircraft, as it replaces its fleet and adds new routes.

Jet had previously bought 10 A330-200 aircraft in 2005. The five additional aircraft, which are scheduled for delivery from October 2009 to 2011, will "maintain and expand the company's domestic and international operations", it said.

Jet introduced flights to the United States in August and is adding more routes to Europe and North America. It expects to get half its revenue from international operations by 2009.

(Reuters)

New Year means new resolutions. For me personally, means more spotting. Last Sunday, the light was fantastic in the morning hours. Bumped into KC and Andrew by side of 02C/20C. My share of what I saw thru the viewfinder of my D200. D200 just back from Check A for dust contamination. A whole bunch of shots were rejected for 'DIRTY' recently.

Smoky Russian. Antonov AN12. Very poor climb performance. Blue propeller blades. Cool stuff. Thank goodness Maria Sharapova doen't look anything close like her.

mw10ba1.jpg

Hello SYE. Long time no see and fly you. Like I said, superb lighting. Bye bye Adeline :wub:. SQ972 headed to Bangkok. My gf seated at door 1R. Pretty light. Not much wing bending. First time catching Star Alliance for myself.

mw11mq6.jpg

I have a fetish for Japanese ladies. And this is the second time I bumped into her at Changi (JA615A). Nice and cool smart blue uniform. I wouldn't mind her in Panda colors though. Kinda kinky to think of if.

mw13mo4.jpg

Headed to Penang. Not much wing bending and not very heavy as well for a weekend. Love this angle with no gears hanging around. Better snap them all before all changed to upgraded livery.

mw14ga7.jpg

Stupid Romeo Bravo. The most sector I have clocked on the Triple Seven is this bird. Very clean belly. Perhaps overnight shower by enigneering. Good job I must say.

mw15cw5.jpg

Then I saw three Indian ladies. Two was shown by Andrew here. I share another angle of A332 with you guys. Very nice color scheme. I am starting to fall in love with Indian girls too. Sexy and long. I am getting excited of waiting for SQ to get theirs.

mw16xj5.jpg

A more traditionalist and conservative Indian girl at her best. Almost no cropping. Very hard working girl lifting herself of the tracks of 02C. But light suddenly turned off. Must be Jonathan Kong SC lah. Itchy hands turn off lights from KL.

mw17wn8.jpg

This one is dedicated to you know who of this forum. PAPA AZAHAN. Lovely. Same like previous shot. Almost no cropping required. Narita bound as SQ12. Plenty of 'Kawaii' Japanese stewardesses on board. :wub: :air_kiss: :angel: Colin, is it you ah? Five Gold Bar Captain Azahan rotating this Papa Azahan.

mw18tg6.jpg

Then I quickly went to wash my car while the lights fall off due to cilaka JKSC itchy hand. Once my car kilat kilat (shiny shiny) I came back hoping to catch a very filthy 9V-SKA which I saw a day before on the stand. But not meant to be. Beast landed on 02C and I was waiting at 02L.

Long live the King!! Damn LOOOOOONGGGG indeed. Is this the version of WWF TNA explosion? TNA breaking out of the stupid noon clouds. Hmm.....why did TG send their A346 to SIN? Maybe it is a line check sector for the pilots on this fleet. Just like the same reason why SQ sends their A345 to Jakarta.

mw19we4.jpg

Another LOOOONNNGGG one. This one is homebase bound as SQ603 from Incheon, Seoul. Plenty of Kimchi stewardess on board. Hmm.....exotic exotic. Dedicated to our friend called YK from Japan.

mw20sj6.jpg

Then I heard my gf come back on SQ973 from Bangkok. And I BEREDAR from where I was. Till next weekend when I go spotting again my dear friends. Hope you enjoyed the shots. With love, from LGAV.....LeeCH

Edited by LeeCH

Headed to Penang. Not much wing bending and not very heavy as well for a weekend. Love this angle with no gears hanging around. Better snap them all before all changed to upgraded livery.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/731/mw14ga7.jpg

Wow, what a fabulous shot of 'my' 772 (AMS-SIN) last year: bringing back good memories !!! :good: :pardon:

thanx leech for my papa alpha rotation. too bad i was on the left seat. if not u sure got my middle finger. haha! nice capture bro!