MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Great shots from T3, guys !!! :drinks:

No viewing deck at the new T3, hence the urge to visit now/shortly ? :huh:

Great shots from T3, guys !!! :drinks:

No viewing deck at the new T3, hence the urge to visit now/shortly ? :huh:

T3's viewing gallery is as badly-designed as that at T2. As a non-travelling passenger, all you get is a good view of people having a great view of planes. Looking at the planes, you only see these perforated louvres that were there to ostensibly shield the building from the harsh sun!!! With such a design, the viewing gallery fails in its primary function - to provide viewing opportunities to members of the public. There are many other places in every city to enjoy looking at pieces of sun-shades, louvres, shield etc.

With the current open house, one pays $1 for a non-guided tour (the $1 goes to charity anyway) and could spot from the glass window the whole morning. From 9 Jan 2008 onwards, you have to be a travelling passenger to be in that location. Note the slightly greenish tint on the window. This is not obvious on site but in the photos, you will see it.

KC Sim

Hurry hurry. Up to Dec 9 2007 only. After that these areas are closed to the general public till the official opening in Jan 2008.

KC, must be a nice place to stand and shoot.

02L/20R all the way...busy busy arrivals.

its either i stand and shoot...or be a window cleaner.

I would like to know when you guys will go.....I am now mouth with saliva leaking.

been to the T3 today, and guess what? I met Jia Hao there... didn't go to the beach as the runway is switching and kept switching. Will post up pictures once i got back tomorrow :)

Thanks to the Hardcore KC and Kwek...

i cannot "Tahan" with the runway view from T3..

Manage to have a day trip to SIN. Indoor spotting only. Nice.

Eh Teh Teh....me too first Time A380 SQ...

15nov079vska1575mwyy8.jpg

Got many other SQ photos....but A380 was the priority list of editing

On my way back....9V-SKA Parked at bay F31. Good publicity...

From the Bar, From the smoking room...all we see is A380.

and some people just couldn't be bother what's behind the glass.

15nov079vska1062mwms4.jpg

Rest for the day, she will fly back to SYD in the evening.

15nov079vska1124mwtl7.jpg

wa TK, syok wow can get up close at the departure halls... i didn't manage to get to airport yesterday, else sure we'll met somewhere.. ha ha :D

btw i found this... Typical Singaporean Style yea?

DSC_5617typicalsingapore.jpg

Edited by Kevin Teh

Wow Tee Tee and TEh Teh, nice T3 shots there esp the "gigabo"(gigantic jumbo) I hope to have shots like that early next month while transitting Sin to Kch from Per.... :drinks:

Just arrived in SIN from my flight from CHC.

On my way out of the airport I saw two Japan Air Force B744s. Just to pass on the info to some SIN spotters who may want to shoot them.

Besides Two Japan Government B744 parked in remote stands, I also sighted Thai Government Airbus, One Air India old colors, Brunei ALI as well as of 20th Nov 1930LT in SIN.

Besides Two Japan Government B744 parked in remote stands, I also sighted Thai Government Airbus, One Air India old colors, Brunei ALI as well as of 20th Nov 1930LT in SIN.

Hi LeeCH. Do you know when the planes will be leaving SIN?

I'll be leaving SIN for KUL on 22 Nov so perhaps I can spot some of them in the terminal?

Ricky, all a/c leaving as soon as the ASEAN summit is over

So far 9V members have noted...

2x JASDF 744

744 V8-ALI

AI 744 VT-ESN

GA 735

RTAF A310

ATR-72 XY-AEZ

KAL101 was a 744

PG A319 HS-PGS

Ricky, all a/c leaving as soon as the ASEAN summit is over

So far 9V members have noted...

2x JASDF 744

744 V8-ALI

AI 744 VT-ESN

GA 735

RTAF A310

ATR-72 XY-AEZ

KAL101 was a 744

PG A319 HS-PGS

Cheers Liam.

I'll see what I can capture when I leave for KUL tomorrow.

If I'm not wrong the GA B735 operated one of the normal Garuda flights back right after dropping the Indonesian PM off, like last year when the Indonesian PM made his first official visit to Singapore. I guess it would be back as a normal inbound to pick him up when he is about to return home.

V8-ALI is leaving for LHR this afternoon at 3pm, perhaps carrying the Brunei Sultan on board? The official ASEAN meeting has ended I think with the signing of the ASEAN Charter yesterday; today seems to be some tour of the museums and some sideline meetings.

I was under the impression, the PG A319 brought in the Cambodian minister (ie Siem Reap Airways). There was also a PG A320 noted during daylight hours on the 17th

Edited by Liam Gibb