MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

wonder when will they have the new paint on the SR SV series and send them to KUL :p

:good: rotation shot of the Antonov!!

Cathay Pacific's sent their brand new 77W B-KPA to SIN for the first time yesterday evening as CX735. Those huge engines really stand out in the simple livery! For Sneeze :drinks:

B-KPA_MW.jpg

Cathay Pacific's sent their brand new 77W B-KPA to SIN for the first time yesterday evening as CX735. Those huge engines really stand out in the simple livery! For Sneeze :drinks:

Nice shot there.........You know what? Yet I still haven't nailed it. :sorry: :mellow: :angry:

KPB will soon join the fleet by end of Oct.

With the A380 here, Changi seem to have been given a new lease of life! Everything just seem very different from a year ago. Can't wait to get back to do some spotting. You guys must be having a hell lot of a good time :D Happy spotting !

Sharing some shoots taken prior of the arrival of SQ380 under glorious sunshine and superb blue sky.

WOW... MegaArk.

9V-SFG_WSSS_071017.jpg

You gotta love those huge GE90 and raked wingtips. Oh! She initiated a go around shortly after this shot.

F-GSQK_WSSS_071017.jpg

This is specially for Sneeze. CX sent 200 instead of the usual 300?

B-HND_WSSS_071017.jpg

Regular.

9V-SVK_WSSS_071017.jpg

B744 is no longer the Queen of the sky.

9V-SPA_WSSS_071017.jpg

Last but not least, the new Queen of the Sky - A380.

9V-SKA_WSSS_071017-2.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

Edited by kianhong

anyone spotting on 25th/26th? :rolleyes: maybe wanna come down to Singapore to witness the historical A380 event..... :yahoo:

It rained out this morning but the weather cleared a little for a bit for sun in the mid-afternoon. Enough to entice some diehards for a couple of hours of spotting at the beach.....

We were hoping for Silver bullet.....we got the regular.

B-HVZ_nose_IMG_8383_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

The other regulars look good too...

9V-JSC_IMG_8442_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

PK-GGV_IMG_8426_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Light was good, matching the bright KLM blue

PH-BQA_IMG_8555_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Hoping for the Panda JA606, missed by a couple of digits.

JA608A_IMG_8966_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Outgoing Queen of the Sky....still a favourite of many

9V-SMS_IMG_8947_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Edited by Kwek

We got an unexpected visitor: Air New Zealand B777 on a military charter...nice to see them here again

ZH-OKH_IMG_8613_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Tried some different angles before the light faded out at 6 pm....

Jepun attempting to pass off as a 737 (see number on nose wheel door) - nice try.

JA737J_nose_IMG_8854_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Tiger's leap!

9V-TAC_nose_IMG_8827_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Triple front....ARrr series

9V-SRG_nose_IMG_8787_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

....Vee series

9V-SVM_nose_IMG_8732_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Rounding off this series is the original Jumbo jet.

9V-SPI_IMG_8754_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

We got an unexpected visitor: Air New Zealand B777 on a military charter...nice to see them here again

ZH-OKH_IMG_8613_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

I was wondering why there was an additional flight from LHR to SIN on a Air New Zealand / Air Canada code share on flightstats.com a few days ago. Now I know, thanks to you Kwek.

Great pics by the way.

any C-17 on military charter?

I wish for this type of traffic too, but it's rare (not never...hehe) to see them at Changi.

I was wondering why there was an additional flight from LHR to SIN on a Air New Zealand / Air Canada code share on flightstats.com a few days ago. Now I know, thanks to you Kwek.

Great pics by the way.

The charters are for SIN/ROK and back, so i don't think it was the one that you mentioned.

hello to our members from singapore,

i have been, for the past few months, going to JB every alternate week for business trips, each time spending 5-7 days. with the arrival of the a380, would like to for a spotting session to changi.

i have never been to changi. is there any guide on locations for spotting as has been done for KLIA/SZB etc. if drove into singapore during weekend, do i need to use ERP? or is it better to take the bus? TQ in advance for any reply

Hi! There is no published guide on the spotting locations around Changi for the simple reason that it is not possible to get runway action. There is a double fence around almost the entire perimeter :-(.

We are restricted to approach shots only. This time of the year till Mid Nov should be Runway 20 in use, which is our favoured runway as it is easily accessible by public transport. Changi beach is the location for this. You just need to walk a little east or west, depending on the time of the day. Or you can try the viewing mall at Terminal 1 for some ramp action.

As for the ERP charges, I'm not too sure on this. Can't help you on this - non-driver here. In either case, public transport to Changi Village is easy. Get on the bus from JB to Queen Street. Take a short walk to Bugis. Catch Bus no 2, which has her terminus at Changi Village. Average time from Bugis to Changi Village is about 45 min. Or you can catch the MRT at Bugis to Tanah Merah station and then switch to Bus no 2 from there.

And if your intention is to catch the SQ A380, suggest that you wait till the 29th onwards. That's when she is scheduled to land around 2 pm everyday..... plenty of chances....

Kwek

Hi guys

Here are some shots from today that I would like to share.

A rare visitor from korea.

CBHL750701.jpg

KLM 772 in good light for Pieter.

CBPH-BQF01.jpg

and this CX 343 for Sneeze.

CBB-HXK01.jpg

Enjoy :drinks:

Edited by XuanHao

Nice Air NZ B772 there! Here are some shots I've taken today:-

Due to falling passenger loads (Myammar had stopped issuing new visas for now), Air Bagan now flies only every alternate day with a cute Fokker 100 (XY-AGC) instead of the usual A310.

XY-AGC_MW.jpg

A very clean BBJ with a simple livery operated by Royal Flight as ROJ3 from CGK.

A6-AIN_MW.jpg

And of course not forgetting Asiana's sole B763F, HL7507!

HL7507_MW.jpg

Hope you enjoy it:)