MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

On 19 Sep, I had the opportunity to go into the airport to take part in a recce in preparation for photography of the A380 delivery flight.

KC Sim

Mind tell us more about it? When will the A380 arrives to SIN?

Excellent shots there, KC !!! :drinks:

Agree with Norman: that Antonov rocks !!! :pardon:

(would love to make a trip on that one from Singapore to Batam)...

Wow...nice sunset shots KC! Especially love the one of the CX jumbo rotating.

Some powerful Lotus Power to chase away the Monday blues :)

Introducing Mihin Lanka's A321 TC-TUB in a simple yet striking livery. It now serves SIN three times a week from Colombo.

TC-TUB_MW.jpg

If one lotus isn't enough to drive away the blues, there's always the option of having two :D

VN-A349_TC-TUB_MW1.jpg

(P.S. Anybody itching to visit SIN now? :))

Tiger......better take each and everyone of them....9V-TAA is no more at SIN

Kwek et al,

seems -TAA's stay in MEL was shortlived, she's now back in Singapore! (flew back on Wednesday via DRW). Must have been for promo stuff only or something.

Awesome stuff, KC! I hope -GEE or -GEF (or any of the -500's) get the new E-travel decals!

Hoejyh, yes i'm very tempted to come back...hoping for November. Very nice pics of the first MJ601 from CMB!

When I received 7 missed calls from a friend, I knew it had to be something interesting. Former United Airlines B747-422 N106UA (now painted in the colours of Blue Sky Airlines) has gone out on an air test at 1455hrs.

This was the one air test we have been waiting and waiting for months already . . . several engine runs near the hangar and each time, it was towed back and remained firmly on ground. So naturally, I "flew" off to the airport.

The sky was blue and the sunlight perfect . . . but as Blue Sky B744's scheduled arrival approached, a storm descended on us. The clouds were thick and were hanging overhead - the air was still and humid. We had to really summon our most positive thinking and shamelessly told ourselves that the weather will break. And it did . . . the rain poured and the breaks came . . . and finally the sun peeped out and the clouds were banished . . . and Blue Sky arrived. The rest as they say . . . is history.

MW-N106UA-2007-09-25-05Cr-BlueSky-A.jpg

After its landing, it probably remained on the runway 20R for some time . . . causing a SilkAir A320 and an SIA B777-300 to abort their landing and perform their respective go-around.

The long wait to capture this was worth it. Thanks Xuyong . . . for the perseverence in trying to get me to pass on the great news.

KC Sim

Very nice, KC... and that's with some great preseverence... :clapping:

Seems that BlueSky 744 still has some teething problems by letting others to gor round?? :blink:

I certainly hope that there are indeed teething problems that require yet another test flight - just so that more of us could photograph it again.

In the meantime, I sure hope that they will wash the plane more thoroughly to remove the dirt from the upper forward fuselage . . . and hopefully we too could photograph it being delivered with its definitive registration (still wondering what that would be).

KC Sim

KC,

would like to congratulate you (& your 380 pic) for being main front cover for this month SilverKris mag :clapping: :good:

absolutely stunning!

Edited by Nick R.

Nice one KC , never knew such airline existed ...

Better check the Obs Hill - AMS section, Gavin: one was 'stored' there almost 1 year :pardon:

Which country does Bluesky operate from? Is it an LCC?

No LCC, SV, airline is from Kyrgyzstan...well, it's more difficult I guess; these 747-400's are ex UA and were destined for Mahan Air in Iran - due to political reasons, they were delivered with British- or Kyrgyz registrations, so to answer your question : have been seen operating from THR 'by an unknown operator'..... :blink:

Awesome stuff, Hoejyh! I hope to catch -SPQ next month!

Everytime I visit singapore, either V8-ALI or -BKH come into Singapore either just before I leave, or just before I arrive so I always miss them!! Next trip I want to shoot both :angry:

Sorry KC, N106UA left last week for ICN

Sorry KC, N106UA left last week for ICN

No need to be sorry, we got her on departure :rolleyes:

N106UA_100_4645_hi10_reducedc8.jpg

Hi Guys,

Had a fun morning at Changi today.....no KC who is currently in TLS searching for a certain 9V-SKA!

Not to be undone, I also managed to get another "big bird" and was lucky enough to have her rotate right in front of me....must have been completely empty!

ur82073_sin_141007_ttf_800.jpg

Also, some more of the fleet getting those "new" coats of paint!

9vsyc_sin_141007_lso_800.jpg

9vspq_sin_141007_ttf_800.jpg

Enjoy

Andrew