MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Izanee

ETIHAD TO KUL

Official press released at http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Aviation/10083679.html :

Published: 19/11/2006 12:00 AM (UAE)

Etihad strengthens Asian links with flights to Kuala Lumpur

Dubai: Etihad Airways will operate six weekly flights to the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur from January 15, the UAE's national carrier said in a statement.

"This non-stop service between the UAE and the Malaysian capital is set to be one of our most popular, with a high volume of traffic direct from the Middle East, and also among European guests looking to travel via Abu Dhabi to Malaysia on business or vacation," James Hogan, CEO of Etihad Airways, said.

Kuala Lumpur is a highly popular destination for UAE and other Middle Eastern nationals due to the flexible visa requirements, and the advanced medical facilities and treatments that Malaysia is offering.

"Malaysia and the UAE enjoy an array of cultural ties in addition to their vibrant economies. We fully expect business executives and leisure travellers, based in both countries to fly frequently with Etihad on this new service, further enhancing trade links," Hogan said.

Malaysia is importing an increasing volume of goods from the UAE, and trade between the two countries has reached $606 million in the last two years.

It will be Etihad's fourth destination in South-East Asia, following the enormously successful double-daily service to Bangkok, along with the non-stop operations to Jakarta and Manila.

Etihad will operate one of its three-zone Airbus A340-300 aircraft between Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur, carrying 265 passengers in the three classes.

The service will operate every day of the week except Saturday.

It will be Etihad's fourth destination in South-East Asia, following the enormously successful double-daily service to Bangkok, along with the non-stop operations to Jakarta and Manila.

sad that we come in fourth only..

Oman air can fly to CGK via KUL.

That would be interesting, as they only operate Boeing 737's (700/800) :pardon:

Opss, too ambitious :pardon: Cancel that I guess, who wanna stay in 737 from Mid East to Far East anyway :lol:

and ORD-PEN-KUL

That is never going to happen........call me jerk, but I don't see, can't see, you mean ORD-DXB-KUL? :pardon:

Wish that MH can send their 777-2H6(ER) to LAX ;)

Thta's downgrade, which is bad ;) Well, they can send both 747 and 777 daily to LAX, then it will be perfect :good:

sad that we come in fourth only..

Good thing we beat SIN :lol:

****OFF TOPIC****

I wish UA can fly from Los Angeles via Vietnam or Taipei ;) :rolleyes: because I want UA to be the very first US airline to operate in Malaysia :good: :pardon: .

Northwest has been here before and so too has Continental Micronesia (Services to Guam) around 1998 for a short period - IIRC using N-registered MD82 equipment.

In other words, UA wouldn't be the first. Furthermore, UA flies to BKK and SIN and interlines passengers to KUL via *Alliance partners TG and SQ respectively. NW and CO would make better sense at KUL esp from US West Coast. Connecting traffic to/from India is the money maker - and possibly regional destinations for business travellers, and perhaps even some Australian Routes - although highly unlikely. All this is really dependant upon MAS' joining of SkyTeam to bolster its and KLIAs position globally.

Back to the topic!

YES! Some concrete news from Etihad! Was out of the loop the past few days what with travelling down to Perth and watching the Red Bull Air Race yesterday (and catching up on sleep!). 6 Days with A343 equipment - my my! KUL really becoming an Middle-East Airbus "Oasis" hehehe When I left on Saturday arvo, I saw the Kuwait A343, PIA A310, QR A3B6. EeeKays 773ER and Gulf Travellers B763 were the two outliers!

Trippie coming shortly :)

A friend of mine told me that they're planning on leasing a 767 to operate the MCT-KUL-CGK route...

If UA flies to KUL, it wouldn't be from SGN. Its hubs in Asia are either HKG or NRT (with crew base in BKK as well IIRC). SGN is currently an extension of the flight to HKG. So a tag on to KUL would run out of HKG or NRT.

That is never going to happen........call me jerk, but I don't see, can't see, you mean ORD-DXB-KUL? :pardon:

No Seth... That's not realistic I guess too... I was hoping UA could serve KUL and PEN and I somehow set that up...

How do you think is more feasible for UA or AA to serve PEN as well as KUL?

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

A friend of mine told me that they're planning on leasing a 767 to operate the MCT-KUL-CGK route...

This is great News Indeed.Imran can u let us know when this is Official.. :D

Also, Some News on Air India:

Air India is also planning to take a B767-300ER on wet lease from Flyglobespan starting next week. The aircraft is scheduled to operate on the Mumbai-Delhi-Bangkok and Mumbai-Delhi-Kuala Lumpur routes.

Here's The Link.http://justplanes.com/News142.htm

Scroll down to Air India.

And Also 9M-MRE has been leased to Pakistan Airlines for 2 Months.Left today if i'm not Mistaken.Maybe Samsyuri can confirm this.

Edited by Raj

On yesterday's (21/11) The Star,Etihad had announce their immediate openings on these respective positions:

-Country Manager

-Sales Manager

-Sales Executive

-Sales Support Executive

-Reservations Supervisor

-Reservations Agents

-Office Coordinator

-Finance Manager

-Finance Executive

-Airport Manager

-Airport Services Supervisor

All above positions will be based at Kuala Lumpur.For details,you can check on their website: http://careers.etihadairways.com

No Seth... That's not realistic I guess too... I was hoping UA could serve KUL and PEN and I somehow set that up...

How do you think is more feasible for UA or AA to serve PEN as well as KUL?

I don't think any American Airlines will ever serve PEN, if KUL is far away from their radar, than you know where to put PEN :good:

On another topic/destination:

Etihad To End Sri Lanka Flights As War Hits Tourism

July 20, 2007

Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways says it will stop flights to Sri Lanka in September as tourist traffic falls sharply amid increased violence in the island's two-decade civil war.

The airline will redeploy its aircraft to new destinations, but offer customers flights to Colombo through Sri Lanka's national flag carrier Sri Lankan Airlines. Its own flights to the Sri Lankan capital will cease on September 9.

"Etihad continually monitors the commercial performance of its global flight network and has taken this decision following extensive market analysis," Geert W. Bovene, executive vice president sales and services for the carrier, said in a statement issued overnight.

Tourist arrivals in the Indian Ocean island fell 30 percent in June from a year earlier, amid fresh fighting between the state and Tamil Tiger rebels in a civil war that has killed nearly 70,000 people since 1983.

Arrivals fell by 24 percent in the first half of 2007 compared to the same period last year.

Tourist arrivals in May fell 40 percent from a year earlier and many hotels struggling with low occupancy are discounting rooms in a bid to lure clients.

Aviation authorities resumed night operations at Colombo's international airport from July 1 after seven weeks of closure following air raids by Tamil Tiger rebels, including an attack on an adjacent airbase.

Foreign embassies have advised nationals to avoid north and east Sri Lanka after fighting killed an estimated 4,500 people since last year alone.

According to Central Bank data, earnings from tourism fell by 14.8 percent between January and April to USD$130.8 million, compared with the same period a year earlier.

The rebels, fighting for a separate state in the north and east of the teardrop-shaped Indian Ocean island, said last week they aim to cripple the island's economy with attacks on major military and economic targets.

(Reuters)

Read an online news that UL will start code share services with EY soon on the AUH-CMB-AUH route and later to other points as well.

The hightlight of course was the fact that UL is to sign a code share agreement with MH on routes in the Far East as well as to Australia

which could mean a whole lot to MH's network Down Under. The amount of Srilkan diaspora in Australia and New Zealand is just amazing

and I think that will be a good service for those heading to Colombo CMB. Perhaps we can see and increase in services to CMB by MH from

4x A330 to daily A330.

MH and EY have already signed a code share agreement for services between AUH and KUL, which should have come into effect in July 2008.

Wonder what is happening to that agreement.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Seems like EY is trying all avenues to reach out to Malaysians.

EY now flies into KUA (Kuantan) besides the other points in Malaysia such as LGK and PEN as well through a code share with MH on one of their triple daily flights, EY 7476 KUL to KUA at 1745 and the return is EY 7477 at 1855. The services operate 6x a week if not daily on MH's B734.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Edited by kandiah k

..... EY Etihad Airways is upgrading KUL from daily A332 to daily B77W beginning 15 April 2012

I believe at least some day(s) of the week will see 77W in January :)

Oh you'll be flying in one.

Yes, barring any hiccups :)

77W outbound, 332 inbound - unless they decide on another change of equipment

Yes, barring any hiccups :)

77W outbound, 332 inbound - unless they decide on another change of equipment

Oh, I've heard that they have now refitted all the 77W's with 10 abreast seating in Y....

ETIHAD AIRWAYS ANNOUNCES DREAMLINER ROUTES

Etihad Airways has announced some of the key routes it expects to operate its B787-9 Dreamliners, the first of which will arrive in the fourth quarter of 2014.

The 300-passenger aircraft are being lined up for Dublin, Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing and Nagoya, Delhi and Istanbul.

Etihad disclosed the routes at a special ceremony at Abu Dhabi International Airport last night to mark the Dreamliner's first visit to the UAE capital, which was the final stop in the aircraft's round-the-world tour, ahead of returning to Seattle today.\The Abu Dhabi carrier has placed 41 firm orders and 25 options for the Dreamliner.

The aircraft on display last night was the trademark blue Boeing model and save for some Etihad branding on the side, will bear little resemblance to the Dreamliner - either inside or out - that will be delivered to the airline in two years' time.

Addressing guests in the vast 40,000sqm hangar, which can handle up to six B787-9s, Peter Baumgartner, Etihad's Chief Commercial Officer, said: "It will be a next-generation aircraft and offer a next-generation inflight experience too."

He added that it is working closely with Boeing to create "one or two breakthroughs" without divulging details.

The precise configurations are also under wraps although Baumgartner said its first aircraft will be a three-class model.

For more information, visit etihad.com, boeing.com

Edited by kandiah k

Hot off from Etihad Guest FFP:

You’re now welcome to check-in up to 30kg in our Coral Economy Class.

We are increasing our baggage allowance in Coral Economy to 30kg, so all you have to worry about when packing is making sure you have everything you need.

Now you can pack more when flying with us, no matter which class you fly in.

You can now enjoy 30kgs in Coral Economy Class, in addition to our existing generous allowances of 40kg in Pearl Business Class, and 50kg in Diamond First Class.

And remember, Etihad Guest members also receive an extra allowance over and above these allowances:

Silver Guest-10KG

Gold Guest- 15KG

Gold Elite Guest- 20KG

Action packed holidays, without the stress.

More good news. You can also check-in your golf clubs and Scuba equipment*, in addition to your usual baggage allowance, at no extra cost.

Enjoy 10% off Excess Baggage fees.

If your baggage weight is over the allowance, simply let us know in advance how much additional weight you’ll need to enjoy a 10% discount on your excess baggage fees. Just get in touch with our Call Centre or any Etihad Airways shop and let them know your baggage weight before you fly.

Save your cash, pay with Etihad Guest Miles.

If you’re an Etihad Guest member, you can use your Etihad Guest Miles to pay for your excess baggage.

With our new baggage allowance and services, one thing’s for sure. When you fly with Etihad, we take a load off your mind.