MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Impromptu Spotting

This time, my old mate Ishak's impromptu spotting at SZB as he arrived from Tioman on 30/11/06.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I know the Swiss plane is a Falcon 2000EX, but who owns it? Why in KL?

Any clues on the blue one? Make and owner?

Thanks.

Any clues on the blue one? Make and owner?

Owner will be difficult if not able to see the registration ;)

Make and model: Bombardier Global Express :)

Friday 151206, and I was passing by KLIA via Perimeter Road again. Decided to do some casual spotting, while nearby a major police roadblock was in full action.

1821h. First to appear is the 'Amazing' AAX, against the blue late afternoon sky. Special livery to coincide with AK's sponsorship of The Amazing Race Asia, which I must admit is a truly amazing reality show. My fave on telly right now.

9maaximg3353fu7.jpg

1838h. After an assortment of MH and AK planes, MPN 'Pangkor' thunders along.

9mmpnimg3402bv1.jpg

1850h. B-HNM arrives after 4 MH planes later. I love this 773 machine, it' simply majestic esp. with the slender body. And of course the rain-clouds start rolling in and I have to exit.

bhnmimg3430ow1.jpg

Till next time ... :D

Congrats, Naim, your shots are getting better and better: Love the Amazing 733 :good:

Naim, another excellent shots! I love the birds shots the most, the formation just amazing + close up!!! :drinks:

Another AMAZING shot!!!! :yahoo:

My pal Ishak was on his regular trip to Tioman last couple of days and snapped these pics at SZB.

PLUS's new Eurocopter AS365N3. Awesome! PEB.

akheliplusnewtoyimg6975ez7.jpg

PLUS's older machine. Eurocopter 120B. PEA.

akheliplusimg6971xs9.jpg

Layang-Layang's Robinson R44. LLD.

akheli9mlldimg6984ck3.jpg

And some biz-jets too.

N1309B. Cessna 550 Citation II.

akjetn1309bimg6956br8.jpg

N662CP. Gulfstream GV-SP. Owned by Bank of America, Houston.

akjetn662cpimg6966at9.jpg

N521HN. Gulfstream V, from Van Nuys.

akjetn521hnimg6724ajm5.jpg

+++

More casual (drive-by) spotting, this time at CGK (25/2/07), and the flavour of the moment is ... :pardon:

img6710ss4.jpg

+++

Another casual KLIA spotting yesterday while sending kid to LCCT.

9M-AFR, must be AK's newest babe.

img71671kf0.jpg

A321 from Vietnam. VN-A345. See comparison with above A320.

img71791lw8.jpg

And from Kuwait, A343, 9K-AND.

img71911my0.jpg

That's all. :D

Nice Airbus shots, bro :good:

1st time for me to see the dot-com titles on Kuwait aircraft :huh:

Foxtrot Radzi was delivered early last week AFAIK ;)

Foxtrot Radzi was delivered early last week AFAIK ;)

Alpha Foxtrot Raj, actually.

Hiya...

Was remembering my trip to the States to attend lil' brother's graduation ceremony when I remembered these photos. Taken back in '05. Lil' brother was showing us his 'playground' i.e. his college, and I never thought of seeing their own airport, :lol:

Only managed a sneak preview..

2726457090102624702S600x600Q85.jpg

Ahaha... sorry I had to crop this photo.. I was posing at one corner ;) (go spot my arm hehe..)

2939288630102624702S600x600Q85.jpg

Airport Information (taken from url: http://www.purdue.edu/airport/info.htm )

The airport encompasses 500 acres divided into airside and landside facilities. The airside includes two runways, a system of parallel taxiways and an apron area. The landside consists of two passenger terminal buildings, "T" hangars, automobile parking and the connecting road network. Also located at the airport are academic buildings serving the Aviation Technology (AvTech) program.

Buildings

• One passenger terminal building

• Five hangars and two small buildings used for academic activities

• Two hangars used for commercial activities

• Six "T" hangars used for private and corporate aircraft storage (48 units)

Acitivty

• 130,000 aircraft operations annually.

• Second-busiest airport in Indiana

Runways

• 10/28 - 6600x150

• 5/23 - 4230x100

Lighting

• 10/28 - High intensity with approach aids, REIL 28, VASI 28, PAPI 10

• 5/23 - Medium intensity with approach aids, REIL 5/23, VASI 23, PAPI 5

• 10/28 - Medium approach lighting system (MALSR)

Instrument Approaches

• ILS

• VOR

• NDB

• RNAV

• GPS

Ahh... but they no longer offer any airline services there in LAF. It used to be the second most busiest airport in Indiana. Now the closest airport with airline service is in Indianapolis, 65 miles south of Lafayette.

Urm... since I'm still blur at this... anyone care to point me how to spot what type of aircraft they are by just looking at it?

The University is so Rich la Taiko Sam.... :clapping: I cant imagine if UM$ have one of the airplane.. :blink: hehehehe...

Irni,

if I,m not mistaken, fort wayne international airport serve area for south bend county, Lafayette county and some other county in the south/west indiana.

From Lafayette county (Purdue Uni) to Chicago Ohare is only 1 1/2 to 2 hours drive.

:blink: the University with their own aircraft? btw, the first pix should be 727 and second pix is 737-200. :pardon:

The University is so Rich la Taiko Sam.... :clapping: I cant imagine if UM$ have one of the airplane.. :blink: hehehehe...

Yeah... I was surprised at first too. Actually the Uni have quite a wide offering on aerospace industry studies and aviation technology training program / degree offered there (check out the list of prospective employers who came to their Career Fair last year).

Maybe since they've closed their airport to public, they used the old aircrafts for test subjects? Not, sure... must ask lil' brother about it when he's back from Kerteh.

But what I know is that Neil Armstrong, and few other US astronauts, studied in Purdue U. ^_^

Irni,

if I,m not mistaken, fort wayne international airport serve area for south bend county, Lafayette county and some other county in the south/west indiana.

From Lafayette county (Purdue Uni) to Chicago Ohare is only 1 1/2 to 2 hours drive.

Ah... is that so? Hmm.. oops.. my info was obsolete. I remembered Indianapolis because that's where we arrived from Newark and few days later took our flight to LA. :)

Thanks, Irni, for digging up this old thread. Have forgotten about it, but am now reminded of my own impromptu spotting at BTJ last Sunday. Been a while since I last saw this classic plane up close. :D

img0296ud1.jpg

img0303vg8.jpg

img0306tn0.jpg

I just LOVE the design and sound of these Pratts JT8Ds..... music to my ears. Gotta love watching the thrust reverser in action too! :good:

OK, Mr Choong, for you:

img0307bi8.jpg

nice shots there, Naim. can request for full body? :p

Samuel, here you go.

img0300fq1.jpg

And the lady is 'Brenda'.

img0316ct7.jpg

Edited by Naim

Fuuuuhh, complete with anti-coll flashing back... nice one there.... front section of the baby looks like Batavia in its old days livery.. :good:

Sign in to follow this