MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ricky Tiong

Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Dreamliner performed a shake-down for the up and coming Farnborough airshow. It shows the plane agility and nimbleness in the air.

Quite dramatic flying..

article-2694186-1FAF9FA200000578-192_634

http://news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8875987/boeing-dreamliner-performs-impressive-manoeuvres

Still with the yoke stick instead of the joystick.

20140713-farnborough-boeing-787-9-008.jp

Edited by Cire

If all goes well - saturday morning I get to ride on TG's 787 BKK-CNX.

Knowing how they like to last minute change aircraft like I change underwear, i'm not reeeeally holding my breath. Maybe can put one or two pics up :)

Knowing how they like to last minute change aircraft like I change underwear

Literally or figuratively ? :)

Edited by V Wong

Literally or figuratively ? :)

In TG's case - literally. In my case... less so :) I'm not really holding my breath. THey keep chopping and changing the plan. If dapat, fine. if not, i've still got to go to CNX anyway :)

In TG's case - literally. In my case... less so :) I'm not really holding my breath. THey keep chopping and changing the plan. If dapat, fine. if not, i've still got to go to CNX anyway :)

if you do get the desired underwear aircraft, please put up your famed TR, including the exclusive Suzanne Goh only shot. I guess that pic has not graced any 787 yet. Some of us NEED a good diversion from MH17 here.

Edited by V Wong

I guess that pic has not graced any 787 yet. Some of us NEED a good diversion from MH17 here.

Of course it has :) i just shy to post onli...

15 JAN 2014 JA802A NH901 NRT-SIN

D8A9B3F6-A23F-4F7B-8F03-754ED2C8168F_zps

9 NOV 2013 V8-DLB BI872 KUL-BWN

A444240C-F2CC-477F-9761-861C30A51FCC_zps

Actually I flew TG just before Christmas in 2012... I got 772A from KUL-BKK and then 744 from BKK - HKG.

It was shown as the same type of aircraft when I booked. I didn't get TGed.

Just wondering, have all of their AB6 left TG?

Edited by S V Choong

Toe-fie as oppose to selfie? :D

Toe-fie as oppose to selfie? :D

No lah - i started taking pics of it to show leg room shots and how much space you get, especially in Bulkheads/Emex rows. Then i started a small resource on my FB page with contributions from my friends and it sorta became the SQFG trademark leg shot :p

It's a public album so if anyone wants to use it, please feel free to ..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1509350805956016&type=1&l=c244a71331

ANA to be first commercial operator of 787-9

"The aircraft will initially be deployed on domestic routes, although the carrier did not provide details of specific destinations.
In a domestic configuration, ANA’s -9s are equipped with 395 seats, of which 18 are in business class and 377 in economy. It's -8s have just 335 seats."

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ana-to-be-first-commercial-operator-of-787-9-401963/

Their J class almost look like UA and CA J class if I'm not mistaken

CA - yes - on the 777. UA yes also - on the PMCO (pre merger continental) 763/4 and 777-224ER. It's a very commonly used seat

TG 787 J screen is smaller than the one on MH.

Yeah - noticed that also. Was quite tiny

CA - yes - on the 777. UA yes also - on the PMCO (pre merger continental) 763/4 and 777-224ER. It's a very commonly used seat

Yeah - noticed that also. Was quite tiny

Did you notice any difference with the cabin pressure since it supposedly reduces jet lag?

Did you notice any difference with the cabin pressure since it supposedly reduces jet lag?

On my last 787 ride... one can hardly notice it...

Today's flight a bit short. Only 1 hour. I flew 7:30 NRT-SIN earlier this year on a NH one and can't really say It feels better - but ok maybe not so relevant to you, but the biggest thing to me is that makeup doesn't dry up and cake so bad :)

Thanks for the pictures!

On my last 787 ride... one can hardly notice it...

Today's flight a bit short. Only 1 hour. I flew 7:30 NRT-SIN earlier this year on a NH one and can't really say It feels better - but ok maybe not so relevant to you, but the biggest thing to me is that makeup doesn't dry up and cake so bad :)

Well, it's still a plus if you didn't have to fix your make up :vava:

Yeah on my PEK to SHA flight with Hainan's 787-8... The flight was only around 2 to 2.5 hours. One can hardly feel it. I think long haul flights may prove this better. CAN to AKL around 11 hrs will do on CZ 787-8

Edited by S V Choong