MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ricky Tiong

Boeing 787 Dreamliner

787 is the most beautiful plane..........kinda hate the nose :p

It's more like a 'snout', hahahah!

From what i've checked at www.newairplane.com,here are the list of the operators of B787:

ANA-Launch customer

Aeroflot

Aeromexico

Air Berlin

Air Canada

Air China

Air Europa

Air India

Air New Zealand

Air Niugini

Air Pacific

Air Seychelles

ALAFCO

Arik Air

Arkia

Avianca

Aviation Capital Group

AWAS Aviation

Azerbaijan Airlines

Biman Bangladesh Airlines

Blue Panorama

Boeing Business Jets (BBJ)

British Airways

China Eastern

China Southern

CIT Aerospace

Continental

Dubai Aerospace Enterprise

Etihad Airways

Ethiopian Airlines

First Choice

Gulf Air

Hainan Airlines

Icelandair

ILFC

JAL Group

Jet Airways

Jetstar

Kenya Airways

Korean Air

LAN

LCAL

LOT Polish Airlines

Monarch Airlines

NWA

PrivatAir

Qantas

Qatar Airways

RAM (Royal Air Maroc)

Royal Jordanian

Shanghai Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Travel Service

TUI Group

Uzbekistan Airways

Vietnam Airlines

Virgin Atlantic

VALC

It's a long list,but it's for those who still doesn't knew who will operate the B787s.About the NWA Dreamliners,it will be transferred to DL,am i right? And not to forget about First Choice Airways too.

I think it'd be shown on CNN, just like the maiden flight of A380. Btw, it's just 2.5hrs away, at 2am 16Dec Malaysian time. Pleasant viewing!

Was shown on CNN, BBC and Bloomberg around 2am+ yesterday.

MAS not ordering Dreamliner aircraft

By B.K. SIDHU

Airline does not see a fit in the delivery schedule for now

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will not place any orders for the B787 Dreamliner as it does not see a fit in the delivery schedule for now even though the B787 uses 20% less fuel than existing aircraft.

Delayed for two years, the 250-seater B787 is the first commercial plane to be built with a plastic fuselage and an all-electric system.

It completed its maiden flight on Tuesday, thereby instilling confidence in the airlines that have placed orders for this aircraft.

This is Boeing’s first model after a decade.

Boeing has 840 firm orders valued at US$140bil from global carriers for the B787. Its first customer is All Nippon Airways Co, which has 27 orders for the 787-8 and 28 orders for the 787-3.

In an e-mail response to StarBiz queries, MAS chief financial officer Mohd Azha Abdul Jalil said “there are many orders for the Dreamliner and any orders placed today will only see delivery in 2020.”

“We are currently planning to refresh our wide-body aircraft but we don’t see a fit between our current fleet plans and the delivery dates of the Dreamliner.

“As such, at this point, there are no plans to place orders for the Dreamliner,’’ he added.

MAS will be taking delivery of the first of the 35 B737-800 from October next year.

AirAsia Bhd has opted for the Airbus and is phasing out the Boeing.

It was reported that about 50% of the B787 is made of lightweight composite materials, with large sections produced by suppliers worldwide and assembled by Boeing at Everett, Washington.

Boeing claims the plane will be quieter, produce lower emissions and use 20% less fuel than comparable aircraft, while 250 passengers will enjoy a more comfortable cabin with better air quality and larger windows.

It was reported earlier that parts of the flight control systems for this aircraft may be built in Penang by Honeywell Aerospace but none of the Malaysian aircraft parts suppliers will be supplying parts, at least for now.

The aircraft model most similar to the Dreamliner is said to be A350XWB, which is slated to be launched in 2013.

Source: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/12/17/business/5318907&sec=business

Looks beautiful from the outside , however I feel like the cockpit looks a little cluttered . Heads up display is cooooool ! I want to go to ANA training center to try out that sim

What a beauty... The wings look sexy.... Finally, after years of reading this and that, esp. in ANet, it took off. Can't wait to see the planes in the airliners liveries... :drinks:

Second Boeing 787 Dreamliner Completes First Flight

EVERETT, Wash., Dec. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The second Boeing (NYSE: BA) 787 Dreamliner, ZA002, completed its first flight today. The all-new airplane, which features the livery of the Dreamliner's launch customer, ANA (All Nippon Airways) of Japan, took off from Paine Field in Everett, completed a two-hour flight and landed at Boeing Field in Seattle.

"We are delighted that the second Dreamliner is in the livery of our launch customer, ANA," said Scott Fancher, vice president and general manager of the 787 program. "We are honored by the airline's support and look forward to delivering ANA the first production airplane next year."

Captain Randy Neville was at the controls for the flight, with Chief Pilot Mike Carriker operating as co-pilot. Neville and Carriker took the airplane to an altitude of 13,000 feet (3,962 m) and an airspeed of 200 knots, or about 230 miles (370 km) per hour. The airplane took off at 9:09 a.m. PST and landed at 11:10 a.m. PST.

This is the second of six 787s being used in the airplane's flight-test program. Each of the airplanes will be used for a specific set of tests, with this airplane focusing on systems performance. Like its predecessor, ZA001, the airplane is powered by two Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines.

"We would like to convey our sincere congratulations to the Boeing team for its achievement of this milestone, and we look forward to the delivery into our fleet next year," said Shinichiro Ito, president and CEO of ANA.

Source: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1010

Dimmer function is okay, if they last long and not prone to malfunction, otherwise airline operators will face some big headaches repairing them.. just count the number of windows.. $$$$.I'll stick to the ol window shades :good:

The seats as shown on these 787 interior pics are also found on Air New Zealand as their latest seat product.

Were the seats manufactured by Recaro?

The seats as shown on these 787 interior pics are also found on Air New Zealand as their latest seat product.

Were the seats manufactured by Recaro?

I believe so. The seat back design is identical to those installed in TG 772 (non-ER) and TG source their new EY seats from Recaro.

Regarding the dimmer switch - it is not a mechanical/moving parts contraption. Its a combination of chemistry and physics, a kind of technology that is more than 30 years old such as those used in electronic calculators (monochrome) in 1970s.

I think the dimmer works on liquid crystals - when electrical charge is turned on, the crystals will lined up in a certain axis to block light passing through.

Dimmer function is okay, if they last long and not prone to malfunction, otherwise airline operators will face some big headaches repairing them.. just count the number of windows.. $$$$.I'll stick to the ol window shades :good:

I agree with you, dimmer function sounds like good (actually I was really afraid about command by only cabin crew instead passanger) but in fact malfunction possibility is too much than old style shader. I think Boeing will be an optional offer about window's shader/dimmer after receive budget of repairing budgets by airlines.

Meanwhile, when we used "shader" we can stops middle of windows it means half open/close. In the dimmer option, has it semi transparent feature or it has only open/close option?