MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

Kuala Lumpur Air Carnival

Yes banner is important, to promote, the first impression comes from there, but I think it's too late to order one, may be not? :) We can share money, I'll be willing to get some out from my pocket :good:

I expect to have more pilots joining MW and share the story, hope there will be pilots of Airliners at the carnival :pardon:

Have a powerful slogan, such as "Malaysian only Aviation Freak site" :D

Edited by Seth K

As for public transport... RapidKL bus no. T81 serves the Jln Lapangan Terbang

starting from KL Sentral, along Federal Highway and you can stop at Terminal 2,

a mere 50-100m from Terminal 3. Fare is flat rate of RM2/- unlimited for the whole day :good:

Chk out the RapidKL MAP

thanks Norman, it does help

Most probably they'll open back the old Terminal Car park, across the road from

Terminal 3... I'll confirm back on Thursday afternoon, after checking the area.

Norman, part of it is open everyday and I'm sure they'll open the remaining parkig area this week. There will be some parking charges i.e. RM1.50 :( ..

hi guys! Guess I'm new here. Actually I kinda stumbled upon this site after making a search about the A380. My interest in the aircraft was sparked after watching the documentary about it on discovery channel. One of the results was the video on the aircraft's landing in KLIA recentlywhich was posted on this site. I must say it was a very good job, providing video coverage (or spotting as you would call it) for the general public on the aircraft's "visit" to KLIA not too long ago. Kudos to you good people over there.

It kinda surprised me (in a pleasant way of course) that there is actually an aviation enthusiast club/ forum in Malaysia. All I know is that there are endless list of car enthusiast clubs out there but not aviation. I have been an aircraft enthusiast since school and most of my friends perceived me as rather weird coz of my obsession with everything that fly especially military aircrafts. I make it a point to attend the LIMA show almost everytime when it is held in Langkawi. Its been my dream to become a pilot one day (if I can come up with the 100K or more for the lessons fees) heh heh :). Well the closest thing would be to have friends who share the same interest as me and to chance upon this site was like, really wonderful. I don't think I've met anyone in Penang who has the passion for aircraft.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I never knew that air carnivals are held in malaysia other than the LIMA show in Langkawi. Since this year its gonna be held at SZB, I would make every effort to turn up there to fuel my burning passion for aircraft. You see, the cost of visiting the LIMA show is very prohibitive as price of things over there seem to shoot upwards everytime the show is held. Maybe the locals there have a penchant for jacking up prices, just like our govt with the fuel prices, water tariff and what not. Anyway,I will be looking forward to meeting up with you good people at your booth. And the timing couldn't be better as it will coincide with the A1GP this weekend since I plan to go there too. Err, mind telling me what kind of aircraft that will be displayed there? Will there be any military jets? Will there be any entrance fee and will there be any restrictions on bringing children along? Well, its been wonderful reading the forums on all things aircraft in here. Once again, congratulations on setting up this website. Good work guys!

Adzha,

Welcome to MW: no doubt you'll love it here...

Do visit the booth, please, and meet some members in real life :good:

Looking forward to some more 'input' from you, and hope your dream of becoming a pilot come true ;)

adzha,

Welcome to MalaysianWings :D ,

If I read correctly from your post, you're Penang based...,

There are a few Penang-based MW members here... Mohd Nizam, Tze Shan (tho' he's

in Sepang now..)....err.. who else?, list your name...

And regarding air carnivals/fly-ins... if IIRC, has been in Malaysia for quite sometimes,

and regularly since 1998 all over the country, and I've participated the one in

Penang in 2000 (IIRC), mostly organised by DCA. Starting 2004, the organising of

Air Carnivals falls under MSAF (Malaysian Sport Aviation Federation) whose members

made up of various bodies in sport aviation such as parajumpers, motogliders, microlights,

general aviation, remote control modellers etc...

They're planning to have a regular yearly carnival in Subang, more like Oshkosh in USA.

So basically there'll be general aviation and related to it. Most likely military & airlines

won't be there, but based on past experiences, they did sent in some of their aircraft, &

if lucky, they'll do 'training aerobatic for F18' over the carnival area... :pardon:

Welcome again & please do browse our previous topics to see for yourself our activities...

See you in Subang this weekend ;)

Norman, part of it is open everyday and I'm sure they'll open the remaining parkig area this week. There will be some parking charges i.e. RM1.50 :( ..

Thanks for the info.... hopefully they'll waive the parking charges.. bu RM1.50/entry is not so bad,

just don't put it 'per hour'... than we better take the RapidKL :pardon:

Adzha,

Welcome to MWings bro!

Looking forward to seeing you at the booth at the weekened.. :)

adzha,

Thanks for the info.... hopefully they'll waive the parking charges.. bu RM1.50/entry is not so bad,

just don't put it 'per hour'... than we better take the RapidKL :pardon:

Its 1.50 per entry if im not mistaken. Parked there for at least 3 and a half hours and i only paid 1.50 upon entry.

If per hour.. we have to static display our cars too la.. :D

adzha,

Welcome to MalaysianWings :D ,

If I read correctly from your post, you're Penang based...,

There are a few Penang-based MW members here... Mohd Nizam, Tze Shan (tho' he's

in Sepang now..)....err.. who else?, list your name...

*Ahem*ahem*... <_>

:lol:

Edited by Min Chun

thanks guys for such an overwhelming welcome. Feels like i've known u guys for years. Well, guess I'll meet u at Subang this weekend. See ya! :good:

I think there are a few printing shops in SS15 Subang that provides banner printing. One of them is located in the same row as Taylor's Business School (opposite of a second hand stuffs shop). If I'm not mistaken the name of the shop is Imprint or something similar. They sell lots of printer refills too.

Welcome Adzha! This is a place you'll find endless discussions about airplanes and aviations and photos of airplanes are always updated!

Too bad you never stumbled upon me (or the rest of the Penang guys!) at Penang or we'd have long shared the times spent at the airport spotting airplanes! ;-) Anyway see how lucky you are to stumble upon this place where you get to meet enthusiasts from each corner of the globe! Enjoy your stay here! You might wanna step up to our exclusive suite at Oscar Hotel in no time... :-) :good:

See you at the carnival!

Cheers... :drinks:

Hi, for those who are going to help out, maybe we need a cellphone no. with whom we can contact when needed, such as just arrive on Thursday and finding the booth's location. Any number, please?

phone number, good idea.

here's mine, 012-6290397. see you'll there.

Also, would like express my welcome to Adzha. Enjoy, and see you there.

Others' phone no. please? Especially those will be present on Thursday (today) afternoon... Need to contact if I can't find the site.

Brennan-012-2477508

Ill be there around 3 to set up...

Brennan-012-2477508

Ill be there around 3 to set up...

Thank you! See ya there (if I'll make it)! ;-)

Wong, the carnival starts on Friday. We're helping out to set up the booth today.

You might wanna join so the carnival starts today... :D :good:

The air carnival starts today? Oh no.. :( I thought it will start on Friday.. :(

No bro..it starts on Friday(tomolo)

today its open for exibitors to set up their booths..