MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Vivek

MH 772 loses engine parts while taking off from ARN

hehehe also sorry for highlighting your grammatical error above :) I tried reading the sentence out loud and it really is a bit of a tongue twister.

My mistake Sandeep :sorry:. Thanks for telling me about it.

Why it has to be "luckily", Andrew? You can still take pictures of her in KUL and anywhere else she flies in the 777 route network when she's fixed up and back flying (which should be in no time at all) :blink:

Ha... True... I also felt weird when I first read, as if MRI has crashed and not to be seen anymore in the future...

Andrew, you can still take pictures of it! Cheers! ;-)

And god what have you done???? :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah... What have you done! :angry: Haha...

Seriously, Edwin, are you worried if the investigators find out you guys were in the cockpit just days prior to the incident and might ask you guys out for questioning? Or are you excited? :D

Seriously, Edwin, are you worried if the investigators find out you guys were in the cockpit just days prior to the incident and might ask you guys out for questioning? Or are you excited? :D

He's concerned, I believe...

Your secret safe with us!!!! :D

"Losing parts of the engine is highly unusual, I've never seen that before," Harenstam said. "A plane can actually fly as well on one engine as with two, but you don't really want to fly to Kuala Lumpur on one engine."

Wonder how will the 777 fly with one engine? And I believe the engines still working eventhou the explosion, am I correct here?

The passengers would be rebooked on other flights, he said.

Edited by Seth K

Wonder how will the 777 fly with one engine? And I believe the engines still working eventhou the explosion, am I correct here?

E T O P S

"Losing parts of the engine is highly unusual, I've never seen that before," Harenstam said. "A plane can actually fly as well on one engine as with two, but you don't really want to fly to Kuala Lumpur on one engine."

ahah damn straight i am excited haha :D :drinks: :help:

Sometimes you'll hear the pilots says" My #2 engine shuts down by itself"

Airmanship-airmanship

E T O P S - Engines Turn Or Passenger Swim

:D hehehe I always liked that particular acronym :)

Oh yeah! Wikipedia! Forgot there's something called Wikipedia! Thanks!

Google is also your friend. ;)

IPB Image

9M-MRI was perfectly fine on the 29th Oct for test flight...

now she got sick leave in ARN...pity her :(

9M-MRI was perfectly fine on the 29th Oct for test flight...

now she got sick leave in ARN...pity her :(

Finally we hear from someone from the MH T7 fleet! ;-)

And so, guys, you see we aren't even sure if everything is gonna be alright after a test flight. What is the certainty for a test flight result?

What has probably been the reason that no problem was detected during the test flight but something came up after it went into service again?

Thanks!

Edited by Norman

sometime..i think its just Luck ... as im sure during the checks..the engineers did a superb job and the test flight went well... but when its bound to happen, it just happen without any warning...just like a computer or any other stuff .. nothing's perfect ! :D

Fredrik must be earning a lot lately! ;-)

Pic is #1 in last 7 days, also #1 in last 30 days! Approaching 114k views. Lotsa voyeurs out there. :nea:

Guest Tina123

Does anyone know what actually happened when a 772 dropped enginge parts after taking off from Stockholm?

Is it safe to fly MH from Stockholm?

Do they still use exactly the same plane as the one that drooped the engine parts?

/Tina

I am sure it is safe to fly on MH from Stockholm or anywhere. The 772 with parts fell off is back in service after it is repaired. And of course it is possible to have it in ARN.

Sign in to follow this