MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sim Lim Shen

MH 73 11/Aug/2005 and MH72 19/Aug/2005

My brother and his wife just completed travel back home. They went back on MH73 11.Aug and returned on MH72 19.Aug.

On the HKG - KUL leg, the aircraft (MPI) left the gate and taxied to the runway, then turned back again to a gate and the flight delayed for an hour before taking off.

On the KUL - HKG leg, not only did the flight delayed for an hour or so, but a change of equipment to A330 (at least that was what my brother told me).

Does anyone know what happened with these two flights?

A lot of this situation happened everywhere and anytime..

Maybe TK or Radzi can give the answer..

I remember once looking at the flight schedule on MAS website that for Thursday, the equipment used is listed as 744, and that was supposed to be the refurnished 747. Could it be that the upgrading process was not up to expectation so that MH did not have equipment to deploy??

Having said that, what happened at HKG still was a mystery.....

Anyway, if I was flying in Business or First just because I wanted to try the new product, I would be really disappointed if this happened to me.

Anyway, if I was flying in Business or First just because I wanted to try the new product, I would be really disappointed if this happened to me.

5651[/snapback]

Well...Forrest Gump once said.. Sh** happens.

Happened before...and then there would be pax coming on board and shouting their heads off..saying they were cheated..and stuff like that...when are they gonna learn that the cabin crew and tech crew cant do anything bout tht...? hmm....but..cant blame them too much..MH shld try avoiding this kinda incidents as much as possible..

Happened before...and then there would be pax coming on board and shouting their heads off..saying they were cheated..and stuff like that...when are they gonna learn that the cabin crew and tech crew cant do anything bout tht...? hmm....but..cant blame them too much..MH shld try avoiding this kinda incidents as much as possible..

5659[/snapback]

I think MAS should be a little bit more conservative in equipment planning. When you promise less but deliver more, you "go beyond expectation". If you promise more but deliver less, you make customers feel cheated.

Even if I am flying in Economy class, I really would have expectation of seeing a red bunga raya at the gate for my flight. If I do not see it and even worse a change of equipment from B747 to A330, I will feel bad even before I step into the aircraft.

Like what people said. The higher the expectation, the bigger the disappointment.

Sign in to follow this