MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Ong

What Is Your Favorite Airline?

A question: cabin crews asking contacts from pax is not professional. Is it professional for cabin crews and flight crews to willingly give out contacts to pax who requests?

I am not too sure if it is considered professional, but I personally think that it is important for one to uphold his/her level of dignity and professionalism.

It did not cross my mind to complain about that air steward, as I do not like to cause trouble for people. In any case, it was one of the flights I have had a deepest impression! Neither did I think twice about taking MH, as I remembered clearly the food offered on all flights I took were nothing short of excellent!

G'day "lepetitvagabond" (have you PM'ed the Administrator to get your name changed?)

Well, your story is somewhat "shocking" and well, kudos to you for keeping your cool.

A question: cabin crews asking contacts from pax is not professional. Is it professional for cabin crews and flight crews to willingly give out contacts to pax who requests?

In theory, yes it's unprofessional and at BA can result in suspension.

In practise....;)

Edited by Keith T

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Oct 24 2006, 10:45 PM) 80513[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Not necessarily. Could it be that MAS has some gay crew members??

Well, there are indeed a few of them ... I've met 2. They acted sissy but were extremely friendly :)

sissy doesn't mean they are gay..my friend oso sissy..but he is not gay..

1)Malaysia Airlines :good: :yahoo:

2)Thai Airways-their crew very friendly. :clapping:

I am not too sure if it is considered professional, but I personally think that it is important for one to uphold his/her level of dignity and professionalism.

It did not cross my mind to complain about that air steward, as I do not like to cause trouble for people. In any case, it was one of the flights I have had a deepest impression! Neither did I think twice about taking MH, as I remembered clearly the food offered on all flights I took were nothing short of excellent!

I think if the f/a is on duty, he/she is representing the airline he/she works for. Off duty after the flight, as long as he/she is in uniform, he/she again is still representing the airline or image of the airline.

I don't think it's professional to give out one's personal details so long as he/she is in the uniform. Think of this from the perspective of a law enforcing police officer or army.

I believe how he knew you are on the flight to Paris or from Paris is one form of stalking. Stalking in NZ could lead to a troublesome ending.

Sorry to say, but I must say I don't believe entirely what you said, it just does not sound convincing enough :)

Edited by S V Choong

I believe how he knew you are on the flight to Paris or from Paris is one form of stalking. Stalking in NZ could lead to a troublesome ending.

It's not hard to know details about a pax like that. They're all on the manifest. And that's why only authorised persons like cabin crew are allowed to see the manifest otherwise the airline can get sued.

I don't know about anti-stalking laws in NZ, but in s21A of the Crimes Act 1958 for Victoria, Aust, there must be a malicious intention to cause physical harm, or cause fear and apprehension of imminent physical harm. In the case of the second category,the offender must know that s/he's actually causing fear/apprehension. Quite a high threshold there. The courts themselves have added an additional requirement that the offending conduct (whole range of behaviour covered) must be over a sustained period, and done outside the the normal course of 'a lawful business, trade or profession.' - ie police officers or tax officials cannot be found guilty for stalking for doing their job. I'm pretty sure hitting on people is not part of the job requirements for airline crew :p, but it's debatable whether that steward intended to cause physical harm.

You'll do better trying to get him for sexual harassment. ;)

Sorry, just bored while doing exam revisions, not suggesting that you take legal action. :D

Edited by Keith T

Sorry to say, but I must say I don't believe entirely what you said, it just does not sound convincing enough :)

I don't think it's fair to indirectly accused/labeled someone as a liar without any facts/proof to justify your claim. I'm speechless :nea: .

I don't think it's fair to indirectly accused/labeled someone as a liar without any facts/proof to justify your claim. I'm speechless .

Take it anyway you like, I have my choice to believe it or not believing in it. Similarly I just think it's silly to trust someone wholeheartedly.

I am this kind of things happens everywhere and anywhere in the corner. It's rather unfair to label the airline negatively because of one such unfortunate incident. Those working as a crew member are targets of sexual harrassment as well. I have heard from my MAS flight attendant friends from the pax which they received notes and memos asking them to spend the night with them. Surely, they are just a worker for the airline and they have no choice but to swallow the whole incident and kept quiet about it to themselves. Try looking from their perspective. If you have a problem with what you have encountered, you should speak or write to the MAS management or the in-flight supervisor. Speculating cases like these over the internet forum is no less different from a random urban legend.

Looks like this thread have been spoilt by this case of sexual harrasement, which is completely not what this topic is about.

PS. looks like the request for username change has been ignored several times.

Edited by S V Choong

Take it anyway you like, I have my choice to believe it or not believing in it. Similarly I just think it's silly to trust someone wholeheartedly.

I am this kind of things happens everywhere and anywhere in the corner. It's rather unfair to label the airline negatively because of one such unfortunate incident. Those working as a crew member are targets of sexual harrassment as well. I have heard from my MAS flight attendant friends from the pax which they received notes and memos asking them to spend the night with them. Surely, they are just a worker for the airline and they have no choice but to swallow the whole incident and kept quiet about it to themselves. Try looking from their perspective. If you have a problem with what you have encountered, you should speak or write to the MAS management or the in-flight supervisor. Speculating cases like these over the internet forum is no less different from a random urban legend.

Looks like this thread have been spoilt by this case of sexual harrasement, which is completely not what this topic is about.

PS. looks like the request for username change has been ignored several times.

I apologise for turning this thread into something other than what the topic starter intended it to be. However, there were questions regarding this one comment I made about MH, just one comment, neither negative nor positive.

Should I stress how I did not diss MH due to this accident? I think they are a great airline with very unpretentious service, and this is reflected by my NRT-KUL flights that I take when I travel to Malaysia for vacation.

I did not want to report the incident because I figured it could be an isolated incident. In addition, it was a very long flight, and I just wanted to be home.

As for my username, if you have the ability to change it, please do it for me. My real name is Kiyoshi Takizawa. I have no idea how to change it, and my private messages to the moderators remain unanswered.

Lastly Choong, I apologise if I have offended you in anyway, it was not my intention, as I just wanted to take part in this forum to contribute in some interesting discussions.

I apologise for turning this thread into something other than what the topic starter intended it to be. However, there were questions regarding this one comment I made about MH, just one comment, neither negative nor positive.

It's okay :rofl:

Now, I forgot to add another one of my favorite airline: Frontier Airlines-A whole different animal :yahoo: :yahoo:

Fave airlines for me...

1) Malaysia Airlines (So many pleasant memories for me..>Wish I could turn back the clock to the days when my dad was still flying for them) :good:

2) Singapore AIrlines (Not too sure but they seemed reasonable but have to do something about the current standard of their food and pilots!) :yahoo:

9999999999) Qantas ( Had 2 terrible flights with them and will never fly with them again!) :o

10000000000) British Airways ( Not a very pleasant airline with terrible cabin crew) :sorry:

Edited by Darren Liew

I think mine is obvious already from my avatars...

Singapore Airlines

been flying with them for countless times since I was 6y.o. and it is always a pleasure..

Btw, I also hate Qantas, I will not step into their planes anymore and any of their subsidiaries, even if you give me free tickets.

Penerbangan Malaysia sentisa dihatiku..

Malaysia Airlines always in my Heart..

Malaysia Airlines ist immer auf meinem Herz..

Malaysia Airlines, uri maemsokaerel hangsang issoyo

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)