MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sandeep G

The problem with KLIA

Its juz so....complete..amazingly done sandeep...but i will still crack my mind and think if theres anyway we can add anything...making it better...we are to succeed with this one i am sure...great job!

Yo guys,

My friend has approached Sunday Star editor but he said he does not have time to pursue this issue.

Although my friend is in the education dept, she did promise to see what cab she help, but it wont be anytime soon as she has lots of reports/story within her responsibility now to complete.

May I know if there is any new development from others?

Ben-G

hey guys,

I have sent the letter to TheStar and The NST editorials already, with a letter on behalf of MW.com to the respective editors.

We now wait and see when it shall be published.

Thanks for all the comments! Let's hope we turn some important heads with this letter!

- Sandeep

Hi guys!

I new here.Im currently looking for my final sem research paper's topic.Here is my shortlisted titles(all at KLIA):

1) Check in/check out queuing problems

2) Luggages claim problems

3) Aerobridge timeliness

Which one do you guys think cause the most inconvenience and problems? any comments??

regards

Welcome Here Amzari.. Post Some Pic Of MAB Subang HQ Here..

Good Luck On your Thesis. Hope It Will Change Something In MAB. laugh.gif

Edited by Ibrahim

Well done, Sandeep.

To me there is only one word that can make a difference to KLIA (and many other Malaysian institutions) and that is MAINTENANCE which you properly addressed.

When Malaysians budget for anything, maintenance gets the least funds and new constructions the most. Why? Maybe because you can pad the expenses more on construction projects whereas for maintenance it is easy to compare this year's budget to what was spent last year and spot the sharp increase.

Maintenance is an operation requiring close supervision and inspection. Most Malaysians hate supervisory jobs (except for the pay) because they don't want to reprimand their subordinates for fear of getting their cars scratched or the subordinates happen to be their own cousins and they don't want to cause a family squabble. that is why many hotels employ expatriates to fill supervisory positions.

Look at how these hotels are maintained and compare this to our KLIA, Museum Negara, National Art Gallery, etc.. BTW I once went to KLIA straight from a drive down the North-South Expressway. I used the loo at one of the rest areas along the highway and later went to the loo at the KLIA - what a difference! The PLUS loos are way much cleaner than KLIA's.

Thanks attan!

MAHB received this letter via one of their HR reps who was in contact with me. She said that the letter has fallen on deaf ears and closed eyes...

I'm not sure exactly what game MAHB is playing, but they have to start resolving these problems smile.gif

I'm still following up this matter! So everyone here at MW.com, don't worry, I haven't forgotten smile.gif

Sign in to follow this