MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Andrew David

Cathay Pacific voted airline of the year 2005

Cathay Pacific Airways made a clean sweep of this year's World Airline Awards after being announced the Airline of The Year, Best Airline Asia and Best First Class in the world's "largest" global passenger poll.

London-based Skytrax said its 2005 World Airline Awards poll was the world's "largest" passenger survey ever with more than 12.3 million eligible nominations. Votes were cast by 94 different nationalities from June 2004 to May 2005.

The latest awards come on top of the airline's Hong Kong lounges last month being voted the world's best in a survey also conducted by Skytrax Research.

congrats CX...

with all those awards..now they have rights to brag.. :p

they did advertised it on The Star yesterday..one whole page...

Not that I have ever flew with CX, but CX must be really good.

Many Hong Kongers criticised Cathay's staff only treated Caucasian passengers with a smile and not Chinese/Asian passengers...... I guess things must have improved.

Guest Fendy

i have flown CX in J, but that was back in the days of kaitak and the green and white stripes. they werent bad, though most of the crew were ang moh's. nice of them to offer me a cockpit visit though! :lol:

yes, it is good news. my favourite carrier!!

S V Choong, it's not only CX that treat foreign paxes differently, i notice this on SQ as well

Sign in to follow this