MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

0930 HKG Spotting

According to the busy course works, I haven't been to the VHHH for over 3 weeks time. In between, there were some hazy days blocked my way to go. Today, due to the long holiday of the national day, I have got the chance today. And I have taken many that you guys would interested with, such as MW's MH; Uncle Pieter's KLM associated with 5J; Seth's CO, UA; LeeCH, Colin, KC Sim, Kwek's SQ/ SIA Cargo; Imran's Skycargo.

Since I am still busy with my work, as well as my activities for the nice autumn. So, may I first just post my CX here and more to be added a bit later?

B-HKD (ex-SIA)

Departed from Gate 4 as CX713 to BKK.

IPB Image

Excellent shot Sneeze, I like the building and aircraft background, just shown how HKG airport are all about, bz, modern, Cathay Pacific :)

Looking forward for my Continental :clapping: :yahoo: and UA :yahoo:

Looking forward for my Continental :clapping: :yahoo: and UA :yahoo:

As you wish, just saw you here and got some little period of time to edit a CO shot for you, as well as MH for MWs.

IPB Image

Morning departure.

IPB Image

hows the weather lately at VHHH? might b goin down next month sneeze..but if i do wil b staying @ kowloon area...

As you wish, just saw you here and got some little period of time to edit a CO shot for you, as well as MH for MWs.

IPB Image

nice and love the shot of CO. reminding me back in Houston.

hows the weather lately at VHHH? might b goin down next month sneeze..but if i do wil b staying @ kowloon area...

Next month means Oct or Nov?

If Nov, I will have to see when you will come.

If Oct, I am sure I can arrange and squeeze sometime out.

All in all, no worry, just let me know once you confirmed.

PM me, maybe, and I will give you my contact. Or you mean able to get it from JKong (If he still has :) ).

nice and love the shot of CO. reminding me back in Houston.

Thanks Azuddin as well as all other mates.

This is surely for Imran, any of you objection? :p

IPB Image

Silver bullet from CX again

IPB Image

Well, mates, I would like to say Hi to you guys in KUL on behalf AY :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

IPB Image

Excellent take-off shots there, Sneeze, love the CX Silver Bullet especially :drinks: :good:

(weather doesn't look as hot as when I was there :p )

(weather doesn't look as hot as when I was there )

Weather sure has improved, but still hazy at the background

According to an article I have just read recently. Hong Kong has seen the worst smog/haze this year and it lasted for 6 months! Yet the HKSAR government is obviously not so concern about it at all but played the blaming game on China. It is hurting business too.

Excellent take-off shots there, Sneeze, love the CX Silver Bullet especially :drinks: :good:

(weather doesn't look as hot as when I was there :p )

Thanks Pieter, yes, not as hot as when you were here. But I still mild burnt by the sun. :(

According to an article I have just read recently. Hong Kong has seen the worst smog/haze this year and it lasted for 6 months! Yet the HKSAR government is obviously not so concern about it at all but played the blaming game on China. It is hurting business too.

S.V., you are 1/2 correct. Cause, as I have mentioned before, with less typhoon visiting Taiwan, we have got lesser days with haze this summer. But not the one in 2005. The sky in 2006 uptil now, is really nice for most of the days. I don't know if this is really what the result the 2 places' government have done. Under the pressure of some business assoications which are based in Hong Kong, they said the air pollution problem has stop many employers of some companies not willing to be work and stay in Hong Kong.

However, I don't know if the haze problem is that serious in Hong Kong, compare with other countries, but I know, I hate that, since it stop my way to the airport. :D

Well, mates, I would like to say Hi to you guys in KUL on behalf AY :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

IPB Image

Hope to see this guy in May next year :good: ...

Thanks for the awesomw shots Sneeze...

Hope to see this guy in May next year :good: ...

Thanks for the awesomw shots Sneeze...

Thanks unlce Norman.

I think this would totally attracting you guys, a copy of CX's second ever aircraft - DC3, named as Niki:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Very sharp photos...I wish mine can turn up like yours (I'm using 20D, 75-300mm IS). I wonder what's the setting Tv mode, ISO, exp compensation?

There is another one called Betsy, which is used as the special edition aluminium model...correct? (I saw from CX magazine a photo of Betsy in front of HK convention center with F/As wearing uniforms from 1950s-now).

How did you go to CX building? Did you walk from terminal building following the road towards the CX building or did you take the E buses?

Very sharp photos...I wish mine can turn up like yours (I'm using 20D, 75-300mm IS). I wonder what's the setting Tv mode, ISO, exp compensation?

There is another one called Betsy, which is used as the special edition aluminium model...correct? (I saw from CX magazine a photo of Betsy in front of HK convention center with F/As wearing uniforms from 1950s-now).

How did you go to CX building? Did you walk from terminal building following the road towards the CX building or did you take the E buses?

The photo was taken with my dusty 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5, under AV mode, with ISO200.

The Besty is now showing in the Science Museum of Hong Kong, which is located at Tsim Sha Tsui.

How can I get there? Take bus route S64 near Carpark #2 from HKIA, get off at CX City about 5-10mins jounery. And you will see it proundly looking up to the sky. Road connecting the CX City and the HKIA Building is not allow to walk along, except you walk via the road to KA House and through that road to go to CX City.

Excellent Finnair MD11 shot. It has been my dream to fly with MD11 someday and hope I'll have the chance to do so before all these trijet turning into freighter.

Excellent Finnair MD11 shot. It has been my dream to fly with MD11 someday and hope I'll have the chance to do so before all these trijet turning into freighter.

No worry mate, 2 (or more?) M11 have just joined in AY's fleet last year.

It has been my dream to fly with MD11 someday and hope I'll have the chance to do so before all these trijet turning into freighter.

KLM will keep those MD11's in the passenger's version for another 5-6 years, so you'll have some time :rolleyes: ;)

excellent stuff Sneeze!

You have to teach my friend Patrick a few things when you and him finally find some time together!

excellent stuff Sneeze!

You have to teach my friend Patrick a few things when you and him finally find some time together!

Thanks Azman. For Pat, what I can teach, huh? :blink:

I am just a small potato, kakaka :rofl:

Just exchange our knowledge I would say.

However, I will try to contact Pat again after the holiday, to see how he is going on. :drinks:

Edited by Sneeze Lam

B-18305, Buttlefly Orchid operated for Mandarin 822.

IPB Image

PH-BFV for Uncle Pieter.

IPB Image

VH-QPB for Tony.

IPB Image

N228UA to NRT, for Azuddin.

IPB Image

Still have some awaiting for edit sooner or later.

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Thanks for the A332, Sneeze. Does look clean, doesn't it?

Anyway, keep them coming! :yahoo: