MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sanjay Thaker

Spotting Locations

Hey everyone ..u ppl are juz superb lar....the shots you guys can come up with..some can even reach as far (as high) as the KUL tower too...u guys are amazing...seriously...all i get when i go spotting is....park my car at RNW 32L approach..and some planes flying over me into landing. i need help..anyone can precisely tell me where do u guys go spotting exactly....how to get there....and some advise like that...i really need you guy's help in this..PLEASE..offer some help..i'll appreciate them a lot!! Thanx in advance!

user posted image

alright . here's the explanation . the 'Pusat Kaji Cuaca' is your safest bet I guess , But if police do come , then you have to leave

If 32L is used for arrival , you can proceed to the end of the runway , there's a place to park your car and you can get some nice shots over there

if 32R / 14L is in use , you can go to observation hill .

but that place is off limits , and police will chase you away if you're spotted there

to get to that Pusat Kaji Cuaca ( Weather Station ) , follow the sign that says KOMPLEKS BUNGA RAYA . Follow that road until you reach the guard house . Look to your right , and you will see a road with a sign . Kenderaan Yang Dibenarkan Sahaja . Follow that road .

Continue on and soon you will see Runway 14R on your left . Just follow that road and you will see a blue sign stating ( PUSAT KAJI CUACA ) and pointing to your RIGHT >>

Turn right and follow that road . It will bring you to the weather station . Park outside the weather station

Under the lamp posts or something Like this

user posted image

Cross the drain that should be on your left if you're facing the weather station and just walk straight in

Soon , you should be at a position thats elevated enough to take some shots .

You can go further down depending on what kind of shots you're after .

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

This info was posted in another topic already

Hope you enjoy your spotting

If you have any other questions , do not hesitate to ask

Guest Fendy

gavin, i think you should open a new thread with the instructions and pin the topic wink.gif

seconded! yup appreciate if the administrator captain gavin can do that. no rush gavin. take your time.

Thanx a lot Gavin...well i did go to the petronas station once...and saw the observation hill...but it looked absolutely off limits...i mean...how do we get up to the hill from the road? i thought i saw some fencing around the area....and if the police actually spot us...do they juz ask us to leave..or..would they do something more than that?

Thanx  a lot Gavin...well i did go to the petronas station once...and saw the observation hill...but it looked absolutely off limits...i mean...how do we get up to the hill from the road? i thought i saw some fencing around the area....and if the police actually spot us...do they juz ask us to leave..or..would they do something more than that?

5087[/snapback]

There are 2 ways....

One...either follow the road all the way up...

Two...trek up the side of the hill

I also wanna ask the same question here..

where can I go for spotting at Senai airport ?? any spot ??

Just wondering, can I spot a/c from Concorde Inn KLIA? I'll be staying there for one night Aug 25th to 26th smile.gif .

Guest Fendy
Just wondering, can I spot a/c from Concorde Inn KLIA? I'll be staying there for one night Aug 25th to 26th smile.gif .

5573[/snapback]

could be very possible, you get nice overview of 32R-14L.

not sure delwin since you dont have transport. the lease you can do is hop on the inn shuttle to main terminal and spot at the terrace. remember to take a small tower from your room to wipe the terrace window. it gets dirty most of the times by the kids.

maybe one day, i will take some shots of the road of how to get to the spots we normally go...

and post it here and there...or on request basis..or any other suggestions?

Im not good in drawing the map and all, photo i can take la..

I did try that , but since i was driving , the photography was kind of char

5719[/snapback]

wah.... daredevil in the making issit?? haiya... our beloved Admin cannot risk his life like that la!! must wear seat belt! tongue.gif

seatbelt not required after 160 km/h

5850[/snapback]

If you want to drive 160++ on the highway yes seatbelt is not requred nor recommended. Why? So that you don't have to suffer too long.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sadist...

LOL....then in an aircraft...can take off the seatbelt after it reaches 160+ km/h eh? tongue.gif tongue.gif

What a takeoff that would be!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

(pssst...im not being serious...and i remember...no sms in the a/c even if the door is open) tongue.gif

i dont know bout you guys

but wearing seatbelt when long distance

very uncomfortable la :s

6017[/snapback]

Better to be Safe than Sorry...even if the chaff marks remain for some time... biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this