MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Oasis HongKong Airlines receives first B747-412

Another angle on this beautiful plane . . .

IPB Image

Incidentally, this plane has seen quite a few livery change already . . . as 9V-SMC in SIA livery, as 3B-SMC in the old China Airlines livery and as TF-AMA in Iberia livery.

KC Sim

super red cool...

Wats tht 727 behind Oasis..

i wonder how many SQ 747 left..i guess i need to pay visit to SIN for those SQ Jumbos.

KC,

Very nice shot of Oasis HK entering runway 20C :clapping: .

TK,

That B727-200F is XU-RKF of Asialink Express Air with Royal Khmer Airlines title. It's parked there everyday when i'm in SIN for a week.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines said it received its AOC from the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Dept. Friday and is on schedule to operate its inaugural flight to London Gatwick Wednesday. It said it has sold more than 18,000 tickets on its four-times-weekly 747-400 service since early September.

Allow me to hijack this topic slightly...

I'm traveling CX 0724 this Thursday (Oct. 26) departing 1755, KUL - HKG, and return CX 0721 a week later (Nov. 1), and I'd be delighted if anyone could capture my flight off and/or home. :D

Here is one of my shots of Oasis. A very refreshing livery...

IPB Image

Sorry about the post and barrier.... this was thru a plane window again.

IPB Image

Oasis Tail.

IPB Image

Last one.... as I was heading into HKG.

IPB Image

Kelvin,

1st- and last picture of Oasis are awesome :good:

A long-haul LCC?

HK's new budget airline takes off

By Vaudine England

BBC News, Hong Kong

IPB Image

Oasis Airlines' Stephen Miller plans to take on big carriers

Hong Kong's first budget airline, Oasis, is due to take off with an inaugural flight to London.

Unusually for a low-cost carrier, it offers food and business class and concentrates on long-haul flights.

A reservations clerk said the first flight - taking off at 1300 local time (0500 GMT) - had been fully booked.

Seats in economy class cost as little as $200 (£112) including tax. Business class costs less than economy on established airlines.

Oasis Airlines was set up last year by Stephen Miller. He had earlier founded Dragonair, an airline since bought out by Hong Kong's main carrier, Cathay Pacific.

For his new venture he received financial backing from Hong Kong investors including the Reverend Raymond and Priscylla Lee, who had moved long ago from ministry into property development.

Oasis promises to shake up the airline industry in Hong Kong and beyond as the first budget carrier to focus only on the long haul.

After a few months flying to London, Oasis plans to fly to the US and to destinations in Europe such as Berlin and Milan.

On the London route alone, Oasis will spark direct competition with Cathay Pacific, British Airways and Virgin Airlines.

Industry experts say prices across the board will have to be lowered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6082816.stm

finally took off....

Oasis airline has been discussed here http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1075

and some picture can be found at obs hill too :)

Have merged the two topics into one ;)

Pieter - moderator.

Have merged the two topics into one ;)

Pieter - moderator.

Thanks, Pieter. Missed the other thread. :pardon:

+++

Bad start on their first day!

From Yahoo news : http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061025/afp/061025102007eco.html

World's first long-haul budget airline in Hong Kong gets off a bumpy ride

Wednesday October 25, 6:20 PM

HONG KONG (AFP) - Oasis Airlines, which promotes itself as the world's first long-haul budget airline, was getting off to a bumpy start on its inaugural cut-price flight from Hong Kong.

One of Oasis' two leased Boeing 747 jumbos was due to be airborne Wednesday at 1:00pm (0500 GMT) but has been delayed by more than four hours due to a last-minute hold-up in approval to overfly Russian aerospace, the airline said.

"We have learned that despite all paper being in order and having received all necessary approvals, the Russia authority, for unexplained reasons, have chosen to now hold up the overflight rights," it said in a statement.

The carrier said it is in direct contact with the Russia authority to get it off the ground as soon as possible.

Two other European-bound flights were also delayed by around an hour Wednesday, according to the Airport Authority. The Civil Aviation department said the traffic in Europe has been busy.

A full complement of more than 300 passengers, including the airline's top management, was bound for London's Gatwick Airport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Economy passengers were paying just 1,000 Hong Kong dollars (128 US dollars) for the one-way journey, a special introductory offer that will last until December 14. Business travellers paid just 6,600 dollars.

"Our vision is to give Hong Kong high-quality, low-fare and direct flight services," said Oasis chairman Raymond Lee at the launch.

Industry analysts are watching Oasis closely as it competes against Asia's leading airline Cathay and Britain's established British Airways and Virgin Atlantic, which charge at least double the price on the same route.

Oasis promises full-value service at budget prices -- serving two hot meals and complementary tea, coffee and water with soft drinks, snacks and alcohol available for purchase in the economy class.

Both economy and business classes have personal seat-back TV with a choice of up to 16 video entertainment channels, offering films including last year's "Batman Begins" and "Ocean 12" from 2004.

Passenger Maria Chau said she had never been to London before and only decided to go because of the Oasis offer.

"I thought I'd book it because the price is so low," Chau said as she checked in her baggage. "I'm very excited."

The carrier said it hopes the ticket price will remain 30-40 percent lower than other major airlines after its promotional period, while at least 10 percent of the economy class will still cost only 1,000 dollars.

Lee said the airline is actively seeking to increase its fleet to five in its first year of operation, hoping to bring this up to 25 planes in five years.

Lee believes it will take 12-18 months for the carrier to break even.

Oasis boasts an average of 500 bookings daily since it began taking reservations in September and expects ticket sales to reach more than 55,000 in the first quarter and 190,000 in its first year.

Oasis is flying four times a week to and from London and it will begin its daily service from November 25.

It plans to increase its routes by two to three more, including Oakland in San Francisco which will begin service from the first quarter 2007.

Lee said the airline has also obtained license to fly to Chicago, Milan, Berlin and Cologne/Bonn. It is filing applications to operate to Vancouver, Toronto, Zurich, Paris, New York and Los Angeles.

Lee said the carrier is in talks to partner with other budget airlines for connections to the rest of Europe and North America.

It has opened talks with UK-based easyJet and Ryanair, as well as Germanwings, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue.

The airline has also established partnerships with Cargolux and Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Limited (HACTL) to offer cargo services but passenger flights will remain its core service.

Edited by Seng Lim

Allow me to hijack this topic slightly...

I'm traveling CX 0724 this Thursday (Oct. 26) departing 1755, KUL - HKG, and return CX 0721 a week later (Nov. 1), and I'd be delighted if anyone could capture my flight off and/or home. :D

724 - B-HNM

NOV1 721 not yet released, but will be B773

Spotted this on the afternoon of 28th Oct at Changi Airport. She was pulled out of the hanger for a couple of hours and then back in. Note the titles, registration etc are covered up. But no prizes for guessing the answers...

IPB Image

Anyone noticed the model (above Steven Miller's head) in Naim's post no. 41 ?

They are cramming max number of pax into the bird, even into the nose cone, judging by the windows there !!

:D :D

The aircraft was repainted in Singapore....??? :help:

I think they want to bring the aircraft back to HK wearing their own airline livery.