MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sanjay Thaker

Malaysia Airlines decides on B734 replacement...

Theres been a press release saying that MH will decide on the replacement model of the 734...as we know they operate 39 at the moment...would it be good for MH to contiunue their money losing domestic routes as it is and order 39 new a/cs or would it be better for them to trim down on domestic ops...work with AirAsia...and order a smaller fleet..?

I think this thread has been going on and on about MH deciding when they will select the aircraft replacement for their 39 B734's. However, as far as I can recall, I remember them saying from 2003 that they will make a decision soon, its been going on and on and believe me, these were not rumour mongers, but MH themselves or the MoT minister or officials.

I suppose we can just wait and see what they decide on, I also read in a different thread and news that they were considering B787's.

On another note, I wonder why they claim KUA as one of their loss making when almost all the time when I try to book someone on the KUL-KUA-KUL sectors, they are all sold out or fully booked. They used to fly KUA-SIN-KUA thrice weekly but have since suspended the routing.

I think if AK takes over from MH for the domestic routes, it would be interesting to see the impact but then again, who is going to serve KUA and IPH ?

Any insight from MH/AK reps here to elaborate ?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I think I read somewhere in the papers that MAS is considering to get B738s...

Well...according to MH..both Boeing and Airbus has submitted a proposal and the BOD of MAS would be making a decision in SEPT...i did not hear anything bout KUA being a money losing route..any idea where the info came from?

Well...according to MH..both Boeing and Airbus has submitted a proposal and the BOD of MAS would be making a decision in SEPT...i did not hear anything bout KUA being a money losing route..any idea where the info came from?

4858[/snapback]

In the article in Business Times, where the handing over of the domestic route to AK was mentioned, at the bottom of the article.

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

Didnt see that one...thanx for the info mate...but isnt it wierd how they arent making money if the load is really good..could it be the short distance...a lot of cost involved..or is this another case..of management probz? and yeah..if the load is good...wouldnt AirAsia be plying to fly the route too?

Sign in to follow this