MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ruben

MAS CADET PILOT 2006 (march 06)

Hi there everyone.

I would like to create this new topic,that is for all the app,on MAS CADET PILOT march 06 batch.I would like to share my passion on aviation.

I have applied for the scheme on march 06.lucky enough i got called on AUGUST 9,saying that my psycomotor test is on 10 of August 06.And again lucky enough i have passed the test.The person in charge said that u(me) have to wait for the next test (psycometric).So now does any one from batch march 06 get called for the psycometric test??...I hate VERY hate the waiting game. :angry: la..Hope every one could share your passion in here.thank you..

For your info this is my second chance in MAS cadet pilot programme.I have done the test before (last year).but unfortunately i screwed up!!! :( .I hope batch march 06 will called for the psycometric test soon.

Hi there everyone.

I would like to create this new topic,that is for all the app,on MAS CADET PILOT march 06 batch.I would like to share my passion on aviation.

I have applied for the scheme on march 06.lucky enough i got called on AUGUST 9,saying that my psycomotor test is on 10 of August 06.And again lucky enough i have passed the test.The person in charge said that u(me) have to wait for the next test (psycometric).So now does any one from batch march 06 get called for the psycometric test??...I hate VERY hate the waiting game. :angry: la..Hope every one could share your passion in here.thank you..

For your info this is my second chance in MAS cadet pilot programme.I have done the test before (last year).but unfortunately i screwed up!!! :( .I hope batch march 06 will called for the psycometric test soon.

macha,

similar topic opened bro..check that out..we have been discussing it for quite some time..I applied for the march one too... :drinks:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome to MWings Ruben!

yo Ruben...me also do aply for MAS cadet pilot after SPM...n i was called for psicomotor test on 22 Jun 2006...but i didnt attend da test...hehe..so stupid.. :(

Bro Sandeep G,

With whole respect i am sharing my passion and my anger

becouse the waiting game is killing me.and guess what this is the second time i get offered from MAS.

My passion in flying is ruthless man.

Jus need to noe when is whole process get done for march 06 batch.saw reply by andrew in MAS CADET PILOT topic that. september is in KB.december is in LANGKAWI.does it mean march 06 batch is scheduled on dec???

Passion in aviation doesn't necessarily mean flying :) .

There is always the engineering side of things .

If you're sick of waiting , my advice is go get a degree while waiting so that you wont be wasting your time .

Some have gone 7 or 8 times and they just dont make it .

Don't get your hopes too high ..

If you're sick of waiting , my advice is go get a degree while waiting so that you wont be wasting your time .

man, it sux.... but that's life.... i hate the waiting game too...

Bro Sandeep G,

With whole respect i am sharing my passion and my anger

becouse the waiting game is killing me.and guess what this is the second time i get offered from MAS.

My passion in flying is ruthless man.

Jus need to noe when is whole process get done for march 06 batch.saw reply by andrew in MAS CADET PILOT topic that. september is in KB.december is in LANGKAWI.does it mean march 06 batch is scheduled on dec???

Ruben,

we are all passionate here. No one would be here unless they "suffer" from the "incurable disease" that we all have..

We are all aerophiliacs here :) But patience is a virtue. Trust me, bro. I'm in the same boat as you... Waiting for responses.. and it ain't fun.. but at the end of the day.. everyone has to wait..

And I think exercising your patience would only reflect better on your application. Pilots are very patient people.. flying is a pain-staking and bureaucratic process.. Yes, once you're in the air, its the reward for all your patience.

I waited 7 years to start my flying. I am doing it now on my own expense and with some help from my parents. But I waited and waited, saved every penny I could.. I demonstrated patience, and now I enjoy flying. Go an apply for university courses.. Don't put your eggs in one basket. Diversify your chances. Plus, guys with degrees are often more attractive to airlines.

Good luck! all the best bro! I hope you make it! But like Gavin says, don't over-anticipate. You and I know that you will make a great pilot - you definately have the passion.. but those guys don't know that.. to them you are just a number.. and when your number is called, you will have to demonstrate to them without being over-eager that you are capable. Your passion will show itself, and they will realise.

Take care yah! all the best!

"Passion in aviation doesn't necessarily mean flying :) .There is always the engineering side of things ."

Exactly... :)

Sandeep, what a story u have there...i salute u for ur patience and perseverance. all the best mate!!

Thanks for the value reply bro Sandeep G and bro Gavin Andrew David.I am sure with your advice we will make it to the skies on day :drinks: ..

Are both of you pilots in mas.If u r.Do you noe when is the intake (mean final selection) for the march 06 batch? :help:

For your kind information i am now studying in johor KUITTHO.Doin degree in mechanical engineering 1st year.so i guess i have a very big puzzle in my hand to solve... =@

regards..Ruben...

Ruben , get your degree ,

and then apply for airline .

With a degree you have something to fall on .

You never know what life has in store for you .

100% true.. :)

Ooii~! There's also the Management side to it! :lol: :D :p :rofl:

Thanks for the value reply bro Sandeep G and bro Gavin Andrew David.I am sure with your advice we will make it to the skies on day :drinks: ..

Are both of you pilots in mas.If u r.Do you noe when is the intake (mean final selection) for the march 06 batch? :help:

For your kind information i am now studying in johor KUITTHO.Doin degree in mechanical engineering 1st year.so i guess i have a very big puzzle in my hand to solve... =@

regards..Ruben...

You've made a fine selection in university my friend. I am very proud to say that I am now a qualified Mechanical Engineer, (only recently - you can see my upcoming trip this week is for my convocation in my signature box below.) With that piece of paper in your hand, the world really is your oyster. But patience is still the key!

No, I am not a pilot in MAS. in fact, at this moment, I am unemployed and waiting for a career (hopefully in the aerospace industry somewhere) to begin in the next coming weeks, months and years. :) Yes, it is a very anxious process, but I gotta keep reminding myself that waiting is the only game I can play right now. But at the same time, don't just sit on your laurels lah.. be pro-active! Learn as much as you can in the intermediate time. You can never know too much :)

Again, good luck yah! take care!

regards..Ruben...

Ruben ,

I'm definitely no pilot , but , virtual pilot definitely . I'm currently studying Mechatronics Engineering .

All the best

The malaysian aerospace industry needs a set of aerophiliacs like us to take it to the skys and beyond! So everyone, do a degree and get yourself back into the industry that way! Your passion will keep you focused and we will be able to deliver far better results!

Aaron, i'm there on Friday! (15-Aug-06) Will be flying at 1030-1230 and then 1430-1630 :) dual then solo.. recency lahh.. let's have lunch k bro! I wanna come over and meet you guys also!

See you soon! maybe gibby is free too, he'll come down and we'll all have a good ol' chinwag :)

Aaron/Sandeep, pardon my ignorance. The Dc-3 is home based in PER now and ops by Classic Wings. I flew on her last weekend on a scenic about PER, was magic. Unfortunately I'm working 1300-1700 this coming Friday so will be unable to attend. I will on the other hand be flying on Tuesday, and the big indian dude and I are going spotting/dinner on Sunday, you are most welcome to attend. PM me if you're interested, or any time really, i'll show you the traps and shall give you my contact details. I've probably seen you taxi by me at some point!

Now, back on topic...

Everyone who is winging, go outside right now, and take a sniff of reality! To get anywhere in life you need patience and passion. When combined makes an explosive mix that will not wear off until your goal is reached. If one way does not happen, pick another route. Life is full of many forks in the road! Just say focussed at all times. Believe me, I know from experience. I look forward to the prospect of working my ass for about the next 2-2.5yrs to pay off (no that sounds its a bad thing), to invest in my future as an airline pilot and would be willing to do anything to achieve it! So guys, don't see this as the end of the world, life has as many triumphs as disappointments. When your sitting in the flightdeck in a few years time, you'll look back and realise whatever has brought you down, has only made you stronger and more eager to achieve your dream. And remember, time fly's when your having fun (pardon any puns :p).

Ok can someone switch off the soothing background music :p

Edited by Liam Gibb

When your sitting in the flightdeck in a few years time, you'll look back and realise whatever has brought you down, has only made you stronger and more eager to achieve your dream.

Owh wow..I like this :rofl:

Owh wow..I like this :rofl:

I apply to MAS, called them personally..they said I was short listed and going to call me in 2 months. They called me for psychomotor 1 year later!

Edited by Khaled

Hi there, one of my friend told me that the whole process of the selection starting from scratch would to 10 months.Just as i heard it happens to lupjoe. he applied on the month of october or november i guess.n he manage to secure his dream to persue in KB on the month of september.

So for those who applied on the month of March 06 ,most prob their final selection would be on the month of dec or jan 07 i GUESS...