MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Ng

Confirmed KUL-EZE (17th Sep)

Probably assigned 1-2 days before departure, so not know yet :nea:

What a long flight!!!! :blink: Wish you a great flight, do I already smell incoming TR :pardon:

Anyway, enjoy this route while it still in service :good:

Edited by Seth K

No one has helped you so far ?

Try asking one of the MH staff in MWings.

:help:

Who are the MH staff here that I can ask?

Apparently the flight is very full and we were asked to confirmed our bookings very much in advance.

The flight ticket itself costs a bomb...almost RM30K

Not sure why MH is not making money from this route since the load is so good? :huh:

Wow 30K what class you travel at?

Is it 30k in total, or per person?

If it's per person, it looks like a business class fare booked into J.

Edited by Keith T

Wow 30K what class you travel at?

30K return per person.

I need to check which class that is...ticket is not with me now.

If I'm not mistaken it's J or C class....will confirm tomorrow

30K return per person.

I need to check which class that is...ticket is not with me now.

If I'm not mistaken it's J or C class....will confirm tomorrow

Looks like a JRT basis fare to me. Enjoy GCC!

If it's indeed a full J fare (as opposed to I fares), you might be able to get ur TA to break up the sectors and force an xJNB, and you can sample SAA (completely flat beds) or SQ (the Singapore Girl!) either way. ;)

Like: KUL MH EZE SA xJNB SQ xSIN JL (no biz on this sector for MH or SQ) KUL, or the other way round so you get SQ Book the Cook out of SIN. Yours is a basic KUL-EZE fare which I'm sure allows transfers in JNB, and is endorsable AFAIK, if its indeed booked as full fare. Only thing is I can't remember whether C or J are the full fare buckets on MH. :S Strange that they'd want you to ticket a fare ASAP if it's a full fare though.

I've been thinking of going to South America myself. Very attractive Z class LX fares BKK-ZRH-GRU return! Then LH or RG for GRU-EZE vv. Thinking of getting a cheapo TG fare MEL-BKK, upgrade with miles, then connect to that LX ticket. Urgh I want to go to too many places!!

Have fun in EZE - the Paris of the South!

Edited by Keith T

C is GCC...its gonna be fun..personally travelled this route in 1998 in First Class..theres more things to be done in CPT rather than EZE..but i heard things have improved in EZE now..enjoy the really long flight..but trust me....it gives u a huge amount of jet lag once u reach EZE..

It's a C class...whatever that means

Looks like they've booked on the front seats on both legs....so, lots of leg space!

C is discounted business class on MH. I think this is why they hurried you in the ticketing. It means you can't stopover in JNB or CPT, just a straight KUL-EZE with transit stops in the aforementioned cities.

Enjoy ur holiday! :)

Sanjay - EZE is major party central! :)

Edited by Keith T

Sanjay - EZE is major party central! :)

I know keith but in 1998, the govt of Argentina had a major economic and social unrest crisis juz resolved...things were preety somber and kinda rundown...there wasnt much fun goin on as far as i remember...the country was tryin to revive itself after all that problems....i heard its reallly improved since back then....and by the way i cant say much coz..i was only 10 back then! lol...it was however a trip to remember...the first time using KLIA for my flight..and..yeah by the way..CPT is really cool..thats a really nice place...we were at Hilton CPT and the view from the 22nd floor shows you the tabletop mountain...which looked really nice...

I know keith but in 1998, the govt of Argentina had a major economic and social unrest crisis juz resolved...things were preety somber and kinda rundown...there wasnt much fun goin on as far as i remember...the country was tryin to revive itself after all that problems....i heard its reallly improved since back then....and by the way i cant say much coz..i was only 10 back then! lol...it was however a trip to remember...the first time using KLIA for my flight..and..yeah by the way..CPT is really cool..thats a really nice place...we were at Hilton CPT and the view from the 22nd floor shows you the tabletop mountain...which looked really nice...

Yeah I've heard many nice things about CPT. Read many cool trip reports which centre around CPT and its surrounding areas. With TG starting BKK-JNB soon, I'm actually hoping that they'd come up with some good MEL-South Africa fares. I keep telling myself I'll make it there one day. :p

Edited by Keith T

why...is the MH's MEL-KUL-CPT fares really high?

No mileage for me.

Must be *A. I collect mileage on LH's Miles and More scheme - very solid FFP.

SQ's fares are quite alright but looking for something lower on TG. TG is almost as good as SQ nowadays anyway after the refubishment, just pray the a/c swapping gods won't hit me.

There's also SA but only from PER.

Edited by Keith T

not an Enrich member yet? :rofl: haha...juz kidding...well..good luck in looking for a good fare..but its really nice...so try to get there as soon as you can k..and hey dont forget lots of pics for us here!

not an Enrich member yet? :rofl: haha...juz kidding...well..good luck in looking for a good fare..but its really nice...so try to get there as soon as you can k..and hey dont forget lots of pics for us here!

If I flew enough to have enough mileage on as many FFPs as I want and manage to make top status in every single one of them - then yeah why not. Lounge access everywhere I go. ;) But as it is, I'm constrained by time and money, so obviously I have to focus on one or two FFPs associated with the airlines I fly with most often. ;)

Edited by Keith T

Singapore Airlines all the way, baby! :D

Yes, they're a huge drawcard to the Star Alliance. I think they singlehandedly convinced me to switch my business from QF/BA! It helps that my TA seems to be able to negotiate very good J class deals with SQ. The relatively lower cost of *A airfares was also considered of course.

You've got an advantage over me using SQ's FFP - you can accrue status/award miles on VS! I can only hope that VS will someday join *A as I refuse to credit mileage to FFPs with expiring miles... Please publish ur flight schedules in more detail when you do get EG and access to the ClubHouses! :D

Edited by Keith T

Guest Fendy

normally KUL-JNB sectors will be very full, JNB-CPT so-so and CPT-EZE empty

thanks and enjoy your flight :drinks:

Yes, they're a huge drawcard to the Star Alliance. I think they singlehandedly convinced me to switch my business from QF/BA! It helps that my TA seems to be able to negotiate very good J class deals with SQ. The relatively lower cost of *A airfares was also considered of course.

You've got an advantage over me using SQ's FFP - you can accrue status/award miles on VS! I can only hope that VS will someday join *A as I refuse to credit mileage to FFPs with expiring miles... Please publish ur flight schedules in more detail when you do get EG and access to the ClubHouses! :D

It'll be a while before I could earn my Gold status. But damn I just can't wait for the day to arrive.

Anyway Daniel, Enjoy your flight and pics for us who are deprived of those flights !

Sign in to follow this