MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Maarof Kassim

Oscar Hotel

I went spotting in the morning of Monday 4th September 2006. It was lonely, lonely me. No MAB, no spotters and not even the usual Indonesian contract labourers. What I got was the Usual Suspects and a surprise.

First the Usual Suspects

Our own Hibiscus

IPB Image

Since it is still the Merdeka month, the Glory Stripes

IPB Image

Where most of our Federal Ministries are situated, Putrajaya

IPB Image

Our neighbour Singapore

IPB Image

Another neighbour, "NOW EVERY THAI CAN FLY"

IPB Image

From a bit far, the last three initials stand for the computer key you use when you are in trouble

IPB Image

Another Indian, now I know what "double bogey" means

IPB Image

Now the surprise, Fidel says hello, must be bringing VIPs because it was ushered to the Hibiscus Complex. Any info on why it is here? What plane is that?

IPB Image

Enjoy...

Maarof,

Thanks for sharing that interesting plane of Empresa Consolidada Cubana de Aviacion :rofl:

Imran,

Indeed far away from home: would like to know the routing ;)

Off-topic: WAR has an excellent DVD on this plane (+ AN24/Yak42) :good:

Cubana looks good!! :D thanks maarof for sharing :D

Edited by Edwin Yii

Xcellent shot of the Cubana Maarof.. rare and a surprise indeed.. Nver catch a russian before <_>

Not sure if Fidel himself was on the plane as I read that he was fallen ill not too long ago.

BTW, the A320s look great with double bogeys rather than the usual single bogey.

Edited by S V Choong

Not sure if Fidel himself was on the plane as I read that he was fallen ill not too long ago.

El Commandante is still hospitalized after his cancer operation...

Last weekend he was visited by his 'brother' from Republica Bolivariana (as shown on TV)...

Besides, if he was on board, he would have used his 'presidential' IL-96 in that case ;)

Of course I didn't mean El Presidente (is that Spanish right?) himself was on the plane when I wrote "Fidel says hello". But I am still in dark as to why the plane came. That it was directed to the VIP building meant it was bringing some big shots.

For the Cubana shot, not sure if they are related to news below.

On Monday night, I heard from TV3 news reporting a PM and some cabinets from an African nation visiting Malaysia. Saw the footage of our DPM talking with the visiting PM. They flew from Beijing after paying a visit there.

Sorry to miss the country name and a search in our news portal, no mention of his visit too. :angry:

TV3 news reporting a PM and some cabinets from an African nation visiting Malaysia.

Cuba had strong ties with Mocambique and Angola before, so might be one of these ? :huh:

Nice shots, Maarof!

Hmm...I should re-start my 'click'ing some time soon - when I've got enough time.. :(